User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2007, 12:29 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default ozark motor lines

anyone know anything about ozark motor lines out of memphis?
Old 03-01-2007, 01:10 AM
Senior Board Member

They run Freightliners. Columbia & Century Class.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:12 PM
Senior Board Member

Yup, mostly FL's. They are supposed to be going to all Columbias. OTR gets condos, Regional gets mid-roofs. OTR offers out 8-10 home for 2, Regional offers home every weekend.

The do have a TJ Maxx dedicated account and others if you're in the right area. You need to have 6 months of verifiable OTR experience to get Regional or Dedicated, however. The TJ Maxx is driver unload, much like Swift's Family Dollar or USX's Dollar General accts, but the lumping pay is pretty good.

They primarily run east of I-35 and they don't haul hazardous. They don't offer any bonuses for fuel, safety, etc. They have annual safety awards, but your income is primarily straight mileage and they pay by HHG miles. They run a lot through the two lane highways here in my area. My guess is their taking the shortcut over into Kentucky. It seems like every other truck through here is Ozark...

I've never had much luck finding any of their drivers on here, but I talked to a few out on the road and one gave me a recruiter's name to talk to. He's a former driver and I felt like he was a straight shooter although he could've just been good at his job I guess. I know he certainly didn't sugarcoat things for me like some others do. PM me if your interested and I'll give you his name.

Good luck.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:11 AM
Rookie

been leased to for three years now,well a few times anyway ,get mad and quit but come back to my senses shortly.They are a good co. in my opinion have regional which gets you home every w/e or otr which is every other w/e. Have never had a problem with $ Always accurate within a dollar to my figures ,no driver unloading in my entire time with them,probably 90 percent drop and hook,lots of light freight,run alot of fedex which usually means late night running,no problem going home when needed or wanted.Yards in Memphis,Tn, Springfield,Mo,Evansville,In, Lenoir,NC, Lebanon,TN. and a yard south of Memphis in Ms from a small co. they bought out.Nice drivers center in Memphis pretty descent low mileage trucks,most traded by 500,000 i belive govd at 68-70.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:05 AM
Senior Board Member

There is a Ozark yard 1 mile from my house. All the trucks I see in there Are very nice and all look like Freightliner Columbia's. I have talked to a few of the drivers and all seemed happy with them. The pay seemed low though. BOL
Old 05-23-2007, 05:32 PM
Board Icon

I talked to one of their drivers once. A long time ago, but he told me that they mostly run south east. I guess, that explains why I never see their trucks here. He said, he liked it. Pay was good, and good runs.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 05-23-2007, 06:19 PM
Board Regular

i havent heard anything bad about even from guys who drive for swift that used to drive for ozark. never asked why they left