User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2007, 07:02 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default knoxville tn local job needed!

Hello, I'm a driver with 2 years over the road experience, do to medical reasons i'm no longer able to do stay out for the time required with any otr job, (health problem is not mine)

I was hoping to get into perhaps driving a dump truck or something local like that but i keep getting told they dont hire without 3 years dump truck experience... so how am i to ever get the experience if i cant get hired?

I have no tickets, and one backing accident on my dac, other than that i'm squeeky clean.

can someone please suggest a local company in the knoxville, tn area where i could find local work even just local shags
Old 02-24-2007, 07:11 PM
Senior Board Member

David..plenty of LTL companies are listed in the yello pages for Knoxville area.

If you have tanker and haz-mat endorsements you could try Kenan Transport or Energy Dispatch for delivering gasoline...shift work and they both train. You could also check with Highway Transport, see if they are hiring local drivers for chemical hauling.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:14 PM
Rookie

would be great.. if i had hazmat and tanker, i currently have nothing added, i regret not getting double/tripples when i had the chance but now im broke, and already had to leave the last company i was working for, i'll keep looking though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
David..plenty of LTL companies are listed in the yello pages for Knoxville area.

If you have tanker and haz-mat endorsements you could try Kenan Transport or Energy Dispatch for delivering gasoline...shift work and they both train. You could also check with Highway Transport, see if they are hiring local drivers for chemical hauling.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:37 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

dude, just go take the test and add doubles, tanks, hzmt. worth the cost to get back to work. I worked for highway up here in ohio for a little while, but went back to fed ex for personal reason. highway is an outstanding company, and pays handsomly
Old 02-25-2007, 03:39 AM
Senior Board Member

Crete has a terminal in Knoxville. They have at least two shag drivers but I don't know if they have an opening.

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?
Old 02-25-2007, 09:23 AM
Board Regular

Most foodservice distributors like U.S. Foods and Sysco are frequently hiring local drivers, you do alot of lifting and collections but the money is good and home nightly.
Old 02-25-2007, 12:19 PM
Senior Board Member

I was going to add the foodservice companies also. McLane is another one that might be in your area and they are always hiring up here. I think that have a 52 suscription to the clasified ads as they are in the Sunday paper pretty much every week... You will, lump boxes however. Another one that is always hiring up here is Coca-Cola. Several of the LTL companies might offer something to you also. Having 2 years OTR experience is usually the magic number they look for, at least in this area. A lot of companies will give you a grace period to get your hazmat also. You just won't be able to haul it until you have the endorsement.

I understand about the actual dump truck outfits, but did you check with local companies that pull combination rock buckets? In this area there are always multiple companies like that hiring every single day. Some might require a year of T/T experience, but most of them will put you in a truck if you are still breathing.

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes. Good luck.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:59 AM
Rookie

I thought about moving down to Knoxville a few months ago, the wife didn't like it though. She wanted to go to Columbus, OH cause she had family there.

There are local/regional trucking jobs everywhere down there. I'm surprised that most of the companies wanted 3 yrs end dump exp. Every one that I talked to there on my visit didn't really require lots of exp, just a class A or B CDL and a road test. (of course, I have almost 5 years end dump exp too...)

Try Tennesee Asphalt and Paving. I spoke with Becky about 2 months ago. They were needing something like 10 drivers for the winter and she said they'd be adding more once spring broke. They have 10 wheelers and tractors with end dump trailers.

I think her email address is: [email protected], but don't quote me.