User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2007, 02:14 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Anyone know of companies who sponser Canadian Drivers?

Hello All,

My wife and I currently live in Canada. She and our kids are American and we are considering moving back to the united states. I am a canadian citizen and would have to go threw all the immigration bs to work there....... unless there is a company willing to sponser me... Anyone know of any?
Old 03-01-2007, 02:20 PM
Board Regular

First of all, how can "your" kids be US citizens and you be a Canadian? Something isn't adding up; Please give more detail.

2) "Sponsor" you? I don't understand. What is your ultimate goal? The "immigration bs" route would be the easiest-----unless you're not telling us something?

You'll need to give more detail.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:35 PM
Senior Board Member

simple.....he said he wanted to move back here, so he obviously lived here before. Even if he wasnt an american citizen, if his kids were born on american soil, they are automatically citizens. I have a good friend whose is from Norway. He was born in the states while his parents were on vacation here. He was automatically a citizen and 20 years later he decided to move back here.
This is one of the constitutional quirks that affects our illegal alien problem. Most of the children of illegal aliens were born here....therefore they are just as much US citizens as you and me. When people start talking about deporting illegals, the problem comes up where you cant deport their kids, because they are citizens.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:38 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis friend
First of all, how can "your" kids be US citizens and you be a Canadian? Something isn't adding up; Please give more detail.

2) "Sponsor" you? I don't understand. What is your ultimate goal? The "immigration bs" route would be the easiest-----unless you're not telling us something?

You'll need to give more detail.
Lewis, your an idiot, or just a young kid. So I have to ask.... just how old are you?
Old 03-01-2007, 05:37 PM
Rookie

Sorry for not explaining my situation fully....

When I was in highschool, my parents moved to the states. I moved with them and got my green card to work and live there. I even joined the US Army and drove a M1A1 Tank in South Korea. After I got out of the military, I worked in Computers and met my wife at that office.

As far as the kids go, my wife was previously married and so I married into the children. We got married and all moved back to Canada. Now we are wanting to move back to the United States, however I would need to go threw all the immigration process again.

Reason for having to go threw all the immigration again, is because when we moved back to Canada a few years ago. The Border officers made me surrender my green card if I wasn't going to be moving back to the united states within 6 months.

In the immigration world, use can get sponsers to help make your immigration process alot quicker. There is a part called Spousal Sponsor and there is another type that is called Employer/Employment sponsers.

The spousal sponser will help with getting the green card alot quicker then most, however the employment sponser would allow myself to work almost immediatly upon arriving in the usa, instead of waiting for like a year going the other route.

Hope this explains the situation better