User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2007, 10:01 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Does Anyone Drive For Interstate

Howdy:
I am scheduled to be in Tacoma on the fifth of March to start extended training.... I have my cdl but need supervised driving experience...

Strangely, I am also scheduled to be in Ogden on the fifth of March to start extended training for Mays.... and so I have a choice to make. I would any of your constructive input related to either company.

Mays pays a bit better but I have heard there may be a challenge getting solo otr miles.....

Interstate runs Canada and the Mexican border.... which, while I have no experience in the routes, interests me as I love to travel and see new sights....

Please give some insight on both companies... I have done a search but there were only a couple of things on Interstate and nothing on Mays.....
Cheers.....
Genesisman
Old 02-24-2007, 01:54 AM

I'm in Interstate's Driver Finishing Program right now. I'm a student driver. Meaning I just graduated from driving school and have no experience. I am in class with others who have come from other companies. Their comments and observations are similar to mine. IDC just feels like a first class organization. Their equipment is beautiful. Their corporate office/main terminal in Lakewood, WA is really really nice. They have fuel islands and drive through truck washes at their larger terminals. Their starting pay for student drivers is kind of low (26CPM). They don't pay detention or layover pay. But, I have talked with a lot of their drivers and have not heard one of them say anything negative about the company. Safety is very strongly impressed. There are mandatory safety meetings, safety posters all over, and the instructors preach safety.

As a side note, there are some gorgeous women working in the corporate office! I'm talking gorgeous to distraction!

I don't know anything about May. but, I feel really good about the decision I made to hook my wagon to IDC.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:51 AM
Board Regular

may has a yard at payette idaho. that makes alot of difference,secure parking for your truck and your car. truck serviced when your at home as oposed to when you have a load to run.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:52 AM
Board Regular

i used to farm at adrian ore. 50 miles west of boise
Old 02-24-2007, 04:00 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer
may has a yard at payette idaho. that makes alot of difference,secure parking for your truck and your car. truck serviced when your at home as oposed to when you have a load to run.
Actually, Payette is where May started out.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:07 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie McRookerson
Their starting pay for student drivers is kind of low (26CPM). They don't pay detention or layover pay.
Good grief, Charlie Brown! .26 cpm? No detention!?!? Have fun sittiin' at the dock of the bay for free. Damn, even Swift throws a few scraps to their drivers after a couple hours. The no layover isn't a deal-breaker since most OTR layover policies are a joke anyway. Still, why would you even CONSIDER pulling for such a two-bit operation?