User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2005, 08:59 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Brisk Trans.

Just wondering if anyone has any information to share about Brisk Transportation. I am thinking about signing on with them to run the Northeast out of Front Royal VA.

TIA, Joe
Old 07-16-2005, 01:36 PM
Rookie
Default Brisk Trans.

I have tried to get some more info on them as well.Was looking of going with the Harrisburg division.But after the phone convs. with them its seems like its forced dispatch you can't stop by the house if your under a load whether its been delivered or not.Must be ready for dispatch on Fri, Sat or Sun. as these are our 3 busiest days. That is not what I was looking for.After years of being on call and running large tow trucks I want to be home on the weekends.Have asked a few of the drivers out on the road only to get no comment from them and the 1 who did answer was only on his 2 ND day.They will not pay for your base plate 2k + or your road taxes. Just seems like because they were not able to get company drivers to stay on after running the union out they have gone to this get rich quick thing of becoming an owner operator. If your are renting their truck how can you be an owner operator?If you run the northeast for them be ready to lay out at least 200 a week in tolls don't know if they pay that back or if your are going to have to write it off.Try going to the Ft royal yard and speaking with some of them to see if thy are happy.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:04 PM
Senior Board Member

They won't stop calling me.

It's 92 CPM and supposed to be all drop and hook, they will give you an EZ Pass for the tolls.

They have a fuel program where they give you like 1 cent for every 5 cents a gallon over $1.20, they said it comes out to 15 or 16 CPM.

92 plus 15 =$1.07, not real impressive

They say you start Sunday night and get home by Friday night.

I wasn't impressed by them at all, but they call me about every 2 weeks.

Running off the union drivers is becoming the thing to do it seems, trouble is the only way for this type of work SHOULD be hourly.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:57 AM

Yeah, I was thinking hard about going to them, but the more I talk to them, the worse they sound. They advertise to get u home at least 4 times a week, but now they are saying just the weekend. And its forced dispatch. Not interested at all now.

Joe
Old 08-06-2005, 01:29 AM
Board Regular

bump...

Someone on this forum must be driving for Brisk and willing to give some info. Are you making money? Do they get you home as often as they say they will? Do you have long waits as usual with Grocery or do they keep you on the road?
Old 08-06-2005, 01:54 AM
Rookie

I have a old friend who runs for Clarksville Refridgerated Lines. ( Part of the Brisk/ Transport Industries). He raves about the company.

He helped open the Frnt Royal terminal, it's hauling frozen foods for SYSCO to 14 different terminals. THe FRNT Royal term. does close for the weekends. It, according to the info packet in front of me right now, there is no forced dispatch. there are 2 waves of loads, morning and night. you choose one and go, or wait till the next wave.

"Do you have long waits as usual with Grocery or do they keep you on the road?"

According to Dave, you don't have any "rights" as far as getting a dock faster, BUT, once your in a dock, your truck takes top priority and is unloaded first. Even if that means the other company's have to wait with one last box on the truck.

No I don't run for them, I am interested but right now I make about $1.35 a mile as a company driver and home in my own bed every day. McLane distribution might not be the greatest but making 1300 to 1500 per week is kind of nice in a perverse kind of way. You get to cause hate and discontent in 7eleven parking lots and p--- off the managers.
Old 08-07-2005, 04:03 AM
Board Regular

So its live loads. I was thinking someone said drop and hook. Any idea about miles per week, I live very close to Front Royal terminal and am thinking hard about driving for them. Does your friend know where most of the loads go? Northeast only or some mid atlantic and southeast.
Old 08-07-2005, 02:08 PM
Rookie

According to the info packet I recieved, the loads are going to Norton, MA; Hartford CT, Baltimore MD, Philly, PA, Harrisburg, PA, Jersey City, NJ, Portland, ME, Syracuse, NY, Pocomoke, MD, Harrisonburg, VA, Pittsburg, PA, Jamestown, NY, and Albany, NY

As far as miles, from what I can tell, it looks like 100,000 to 130,000 per year. Then again it probably varies according to how much you dispatch.

It does look like you would be home every weekend at least and possible also during the weekdays.

My friend says it is real easy work, back in the dock and peal a sticker off the pallet as it comes off the truck and put it on a sheet of paper. Left side pallet stickers on the left side of paper right on right side.

The job is real tempting for me also but I am not sure if I can get a truck, and not sure if I want run for a week at a time. I havent slept in a truck in years, that could be an adventure in it self.
Old 08-07-2005, 02:58 PM
Board Regular

Hmmm, Looks like coming home empty. They pay you for all miles so that could be pretty good for the profit running empty half the time. Good fuel milage running empty. These guys have been calling me for two weeks I think i'll call them back see what they have to say. Thanks for the info.
Old 08-07-2005, 05:20 PM

Talk to Paul Brown. Thats who I talked to. Always have a load on, even coming back to VA. My application was approved, but he talked me out of hiring on with them. Atleast he was pretty straight up with me.

Joe