User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2006, 08:11 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Priority Transportation

I wanted to state about this company in general.

I worked for this company 3 times in 1 year and each time wasn't much better than the last.

Under there Refrigerated division, they mainly haul Tyson loads, Priority expected you to run all day and all night, be off duty for 6 hours and expected to drive at the most of 1500 miles in 9 hours, legal or illegal, regardless what anyone says.

Under there Dry Van division, they give you way to much time. They mainly run Home Depot loads which the first of a series of 3 to 5 drops will not deliver or be unloaded until 1700 hours (5pm) in any time zone.

In closing, This is THE lousiest company i worked for. If anyone thinks that Priority is no different than any other trucking company out there. I can guarandamntee you will be wrong and sorry to even get hired on with this pathetic company.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:05 AM
Rookie

Work for the same company 3 times in 1 year?(First time shame on you, second time shame on me, I don't know about the third time.) Run all day and night with 6 hours off duty? 1500 miles in 9 hours =166.6666 mph, I have driven some really fast trucks ,but, never that fast. Things that make me go hmmm.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:33 PM
Senior Board Member

First off, i needed 2 things from that company.

1) i needed the experience and

2) i needed a paycheck

As far as there trucks are concerned, they are governed out at 70 mph.
Also, they expect there drivers to drive all day and all night without stopping to legally take there 10 hour break. i know how to log it and make it appear legal, however, according to the Department of Transportation rules, when that truck moves, you have to be legally on line 3 (on duty driving). And if you get pulled into a weigh station for being overweight or what not and the officer see's that you are on line 3 or any other line while that truck is moving (if you went beyond your legal 11 hours driving), you as the driver are in immediate violation. However, my solution to that problem is covering my a*# by writing down every word off the qualcomm onto my log, so it'll be a company problem, not the drivers problem.

That is why Priority wants you to take the back roads and stay off the interstates where the weigh stations are mainly located. they recently got audited by the D.O.T. about 6 months ago and they may get audited again before the year is out. I worked 2 times before they got audited and i am out permantly from this company (which is a good thing because i would not recommend this company (Priority) to anyone).
Old 12-03-2006, 02:26 AM
Rookie

I've been there six months now, and am ready to leave. Almost all the drivers there I have talked to have been there less than me and don't like it.

I wish the van division had miles like the reefer div, a good week for me is more than 2000 miles.
Old 12-03-2006, 03:37 AM
Rookie

Quote:
However, my solution to that problem is covering my a*# by writing down every word off the qualcomm onto my log, so it'll be a company problem, not the drivers problem
Ultimately it is your responsibility, not the company. Just because the company said so will not get you off the hook. Incorrect, illeagal logs, overweight, ect. still goes on your record and you get the ticket reguardless of what the company sais or does.