User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2008, 08:01 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Advice

My hubby recently started his OTR gig and I am looking for some coping skills each time he comes home and has to leave again??? He has only been home once and was home for 5 days but i know that wont be the norm (came home for a funeral). He was away for a week for orientation then was home for a day and a half. Was out for 8 days before coming home this time. I know when he comes home again it will only be for a couple of days at best.
We talk every day...several times a day! We have a map in our sons room where we track daddy each day
Does it get easier?

THanks
Erin
Old 04-01-2008, 08:19 PM
Senior Board Member

Sadly yes,

About three months and you will become more used to it, then really you will want to be.

I'm sorry to say but its will always hurt the moment he leaves,,,, for me it felt like I was holding my breath till I saw him again. But it will get easier.
Easier not better or less painful but not as strange as it is in the beginning.

Hang in there
TW
Old 04-01-2008, 08:53 PM
floored
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

"does it get eaiser?"

Eh, depends on how much you love the guy and how independent you yourself as a person are.

So yeah, for some people it gets better with time. Others not so much. And from your post, I wish I could tell you all is well in the world and that it gets easier, but I don't think it ever really does for some people. Its funny, when I was a otr driver I could care less about leaving someone behind (even my kids, cold I know), but when the tables are turned and your the one left behind, lets just say I never had a clue before how hard it really is.

Anyway stay strong and get an unlimited calling plan on his cell phone if you don't already
Old 04-02-2008, 12:28 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Hubby Gone OTR

What do you do to occupy your time? Hobby, job, what? If you don't have something, get something. Volunteer at your kid's school, volunteer anywhere. You may find interests you never knew existed. BOL