User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2008, 05:16 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Any experience with Colonial?

I'll have my CDL in about a month and the Colonial Freight Systems recruiter gave a good presentation to us. Does anyone here have any experience with them?

They have an all-inclusive rental deal they're pushing that covers every thing except fuel for around $600/week. They pass along the fuel surcharge and have negotiated a good rate for diesel.

I believe as a first-year driver I should probably go the company driver route, but I thought I'd check with you guys about this deal. My first preference is to yank tankers for Superior but they aren't hiring currently in the Atlanta area.

Thanks for any information you can provide.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:40 PM
Rookie

Actually you answered your own question. Get the feeling for the job/buisness and do NOT finacially commit to anything for a year or so.
KEY WORDS, "pushing" rentals........promising the moon :roll: Good luck and shop around, Go the Co route till you really have a base of understanding for the buisness.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:15 PM

Yep, that's probably the best idea. This concept was interesting because there's no commitment required. If it doesn't go well I can just walk away and owe nothing more. But, I don't want to start into something unless I truly believe it might work out. And unless someone here has experience with Colonial's deal then it's probably best to pass on it.

Thanks for your thoughts racinfool.