User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2007, 01:08 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Ready When You Are

Recently I just moved to Clinton, Ms..Was working for a friend of mine the last two years hauling for Hormel all over the United States. I ran down south here a lot, and in doing that met a fantastic lady down here, and moved here last week. I have thought about retiring, but would not mind having a run or two every now and then out of the Jackson area to Florida, Texas, La, Arizona, etc. Just enough to satisfy my highway cravings, and maybe help someone out. I am also a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, and have a little shop here at the house, so am not starving, but love to get back on the road every now and then.

One thing I will not do is drive junk. I really don't have to. I have paid my dues in that area over 34 years. This last company that I drove for I started driving for that man in 1977, then I moved to Florida for 20 some years, and went back to Iowa a couple years ago. Went right in, he told me to pick out what truck I wanted out of 100 new 2007's. All were Volvo's except about ten Freightliners. I took a Freighliners..I treated the truck as mine. There was no other company truck that even came close to looking like mine, outside and inside. I polished out ever wheel on that truck when I had times I had to wait at Hormel. I ran a 1500 invertor, so while other drivers would sit around the plant gripping about how they thought the company could be better, I was bringing all my wheels out looking better than chrome.

I would have the old timers come by and say "don't know why you spend all that time on a truck that is not even yours"? Well, some of their trucks would blow your mind. These were new trucks...fully automatic (the Volvos)...all decked out side with all you could want...still dispatched the old fashioned way...no Qaull Com or whatever it is...you run the route the way you want to. And some of them with 20,000 miles or less looked like a garbage dump. Reason being? Hey, its a company truck, why should I put any effort in it. Well, that has never been me...Guess its just a little thing called "pride"..And I have always had that. I have some pictures of my last truck in my photo album on here....

Guess what I am trying to say is if there is anyone out there that needs a good driver to haul a few loads now and then, and keep your truck up, let me know. One other thing...got my license when I was 16 and have never had anything on it....clean, clean, clean...prefer van or reefer, have tank endorsement but no haz mat.......You can contact me at..769-232-6272...that is my cell phone...my name is Rick