User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2007, 06:04 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Midwest driver looking for specific job and truck

CDL A driver, 6 months OTR experience with a well regarded midsize trucking company. Satisfied with company overall, but they run KW and Petes which are not to my liking ergonomically.

I have done a lot of research on trucks and am looking to find a job that uses the Volvo VN780 for OTR long haul work, all 48 states. I haul van now, and will consider van or reefer work. No tankers, no skateboards and definitely no Hazmat please. A nice dedicated run would also work.

Absolutely perfect police record, DAC and MVR; never been arrested, never had an accident, last ticket of any sort was almost 20 years ago. Single, excellent health, non smoker / drinker / no drugs. I am domiciled in the midwest but would move for the right job; so long as I can get through my state once a month or so for a day or two staying put would be fine as well.

The truck I'm looking to drive would be a new 2006 or 2007 Volvo 780, O/O spec with fridge, APU (Thermo TriPAC, preferably), rear convertible workstation, 120 or 150 gallon tanks, 475/500 Cummins with autoshift. I don't care about chrome, chicken lights or other "bling". If you are an O/O who is willing to work with me to order a truck completely to my spec, that would be perfect.

I run hard, but completely legal under all circumstances. I do not fudge my logs, drive recklessly, or drive in unsafe conditions.

I am not looking to drive team or slip seat.

If you have the money / credit to purchase such a truck and are just looking for a driver, it can easily be leased on to the company I work at now. Your own company or being leased on to another works as well.

I am highly motivated and work hard. A situation where I could operate this truck for three years or so then buy it outright from you at fair market value would be perfect for me.

NOTE: I AM NOT interested in a lease-purchase type arrangement, used equipment, or other makes / models of tractor.

[email protected]