User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2006, 07:02 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Iowa CDL Class A Driver Needs A Job

I am a School graduate and then did my extended training through the company 3.5 weeks. My first load out I went from Rochelle IL to Philadelphia PA and then from there to Brooklyn NY. I just about $&!+ myself I got into a small trailer accident in Brooklyn Van full of army guys pulled me over on the BQE and told me my trail or had hit there mirror. no ticket issued we exchanged our info and I got back on my way.
I was told by a lot of drivers what in the he%% was my company thinking in sending me to these places first time on my own. I had never been nowhere this tough in my life let alone driving a 70 ft vehicle.

The next week went better but 3rd week I had a run from Cleveland to Atlanta. I never had much mountain driving experience let me tell you whew I made it down after 3 stops for breath...Next day on my way back from Florida I stopped 1 am in the morning in Cornersville TN to gas at a pilot and this place was small but the company I worked for made us buy only certain amounts at certain stations. The Entrance was poorly marked and of course I went in the wrong one I tried to pull through the Island and I clipped the pump. no damage to truck or trail or but pump was damaged.

So this is my story Call me what you will but now I am looking for a new Job because the company I worked for did not fire me I chose to leave on my own. They sent me a letter telling me that the accidents were preventable and I could be terminated so I asked them straight out if they were firing me said they could not tell me but wanted me to keep working going that I shouldn't worry about this!@!! but when you have that over head its all you think about... Now I have applied at company's but do not have enough driving time i have sent for a copy of my dac so I can see exactly what was written by this company.

I need to work I not looking for hand outs just a hand up!!