Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   And the Survey Says... (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/survey-says-13/)
-   -   What kind of radio do you have in your truck? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/survey-says/28365-what-kind-radio-do-you-have-your-truck.html)

Ridge Runner 07-21-2007 12:42 PM

I just project my thoughts to other drivers ( Coast To Coast ). Do I need a license for that? :lol:

Fredog 07-21-2007 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
I just project my thoughts to other drivers ( Coast To Coast ). Do I need a license for that? :lol:

just dont project on Ray's frequency and I think you will be okay

Doctor Who 07-21-2007 04:00 PM

Quote:

You must apply to the Art Bell Telepathy League and they will issue a certificate of occupancy.... Now get the FUCK out of my head!!! There isn't enough room with all the other voices already there!!!! :P

Fredog 07-21-2007 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doctor Who
Quote:

You must apply to the Art Bell Telepathy League and they will issue a certificate of occupancy.... Now get the **** out of my head!!! There isn't enough room with all the other voices already there!!!! :P

you should listen to Riley Martin sometime, he makes Art Bell and George Norey look normal

Drew10 07-21-2007 11:28 PM

Stock Uniden PC78 Elite, backlite....Only used to fill the square hole Freightliner put in the overhead. Satillite radio is on most all the time.

CB comes on when I come up to a backup. Then say "WHY WE STOPPIN".

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Useless 07-22-2007 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredog
Quote:

Originally Posted by Useless
God, I hope that "Radio Ray" doesn't get wind of this thread!! There will be no shutting him up then!! :P

tin cans are not authorized for use by amateur radio operators. you will be getting a letter from the fcc and a huge fine, you will also have your cans confiscated and subject your company to a fine, all this, just because you didnt bother to get a tin can license. moral.. GET A TIN CAN LICENSE OR STAY OFF THE TIN CAN FREQUENCY!!!!

And to think of all the extra money I spent to get Del Monte corn and green beans instead of the store brand!!

THEY'LL GET MY TIN CANS WHEN THEY PRY THE GRUNGY, RUSTY, NASTY-ASS CAN OPENER FROM MY COLD STIFF FINGERS!!!

Fredog 07-22-2007 02:28 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredog
Quote:

God, I hope that "Radio Ray" doesn't get wind of this thread!! There will be no shutting him up then!! :P

tin cans are not authorized for use by amateur radio operators. you will be getting a letter from the fcc and a huge fine, you will also have your cans confiscated and subject your company to a fine, all this, just because you didnt bother to get a tin can license. moral.. GET A TIN CAN LICENSE OR STAY OFF THE TIN CAN FREQUENCY!!!!

And to think of all the extra money I spent to get Del Monte corn and green beans instead of the store brand!!

THEY'LL GET MY TIN CANS WHEN THEY PRY THE GRUNGY, RUSTY, NASTY-ASS CAN OPENER FROM MY COLD STIFF FINGERS!!!

typical truck driver. just wont play by the rules! when you are in prison surrounded by murderers and rapists and other such people who wont associate with a low life tincanner, we will see who is laughing then.

Collard Greens 07-22-2007 04:02 PM

I have a shoebox with a wire coat hanger in te center of the top. Best receive and transmit in the cb world.

silvan 07-22-2007 09:20 PM

So far I still have a cheapass Cobra 19 that was in the truck when I got in it. I keep meaning to buy a real radio, but the Cobra 19 does the job, and I'm a cheap bastard when you get down to it.

The white noise is starting to drive me nuts though. I keep hearing things in the background radiation of random noise, and I've had to change the ringtone on my phone five times in four months to counteract this problem. I really need to quit being such a cheapskate and pry open my wallet to buy a real radio with a noise cancellation filter on it.

If it has big finals and puts out 192 terawatts, all the better, but I really can't bring myself to care about this, as much as I want to be a real supertrucker.

Mackman 08-09-2007 07:09 AM

Uniden PC68 elite