Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Sports Talk (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/sports-talk-21/)
-   -   Ou football (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/sports-talk/41458-ou-football.html)

Mr. Ford95 08-05-2011 09:28 PM

OU is ranked #1 by the coaches in the first poll.

I seriously cannot believe that Miss St is ranked 20th. FSU #5? Unless the D is expected to carry them all season, they lost Ponder at QB. Maybe Manuel is ready but when he saw action while Ponder was hurt the last two years he was very erratic.

8 teams out of 12 from the SEC are ranked. Outside of Bama and maybe SC, not sure if the others are true contenders. We will find out about LSU in Week 1 when they take on Oregon. I mean, who does Arkansas return?

krunkshine 08-06-2011 02:32 AM

Thats a great story about you and your son! We are all about them Sooners too. My son is in Jenks 5th grade football this year so lots of games to see and do..

robertt 08-06-2011 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krunkshine (Post 501184)
Thats a great story about you and your son! We are all about them Sooners too. My son is in Jenks 5th grade football this year so lots of games to see and do..

That's great. Jenks is a great program, if you can get through the system, that's alot of kids. My old girlfriend and her husband have 2 boys playing there also. I think they are about Jr. High age, 8th grade, somewhere around there.

Jackrabbit379 08-08-2011 08:18 PM

Those are wonderful memories. My dad's brother went to Baylor. He and my dad both are big Baylor fans. I remember going to a couple Baylor games when I was a kid. It was like watching the local high school games, but bigger! :hellno: I'd like to go see another college game.
I did get to see a Dallas Cowboys game once. It was fun, but it was one of those 'one time deals'. People were always getting up, and walking around, and everytime they had a time-out, the guys would come on the field with cameras, and stuff. Lots of distractions. I would probably go more, if I lived closer to DFW, but for now, it's just as nice, sitting at home watching.

Speaking of OU. I listen to a lot of sports talk on the radio, and every one is talking about the BCS already, and they're predicting OU and Bama playing in the big one. (The season hasn't even started yet :lol:)

Mr. Ford95 08-08-2011 08:23 PM

Your exactly right Jack. Bama isn't going to have a cakewalk in the SEC West, LSU could be for real, even Miss St could pull a surprise on them. Last year everyone was talking about Boise or TCU possibly playing for the BCS, instead it was 2 teams nobody predicted would be there at the end. Everyone figured Stanford would come out of the Pac-10 not Oregon and everyone else thought Bama or SC, not Auburn from the SEC.

Jackrabbit379 08-08-2011 08:50 PM

I'm not sure about LSU. I've heard they are overrated, and I've also heard that they might be in a run for the SEC West. Guess I will have to wait for myself.
Speaking of Boise, they and Georgia plays this year. That should be good.

Mr. Ford95 08-09-2011 12:08 AM

Well, we will find out about LSU and Oregon in Week 1. #3 vs #4 right off the bat in Dallas. Simply losing doesn't mean they are out of the picture unless the loser gets crushed.

Jackrabbit379 08-09-2011 04:29 PM

That will be a good test. For both, really.

robertt 08-10-2011 06:23 AM

If we didn't have bad luck we wouldn't have any at all. We lost Travis Lewis, our leading tackler, for 8 weeks we found out today. Broken foot. He should be back by the Texas game. I think they said they were going to bring Nelson up from DB to LB. I'll have to double check. We have had the darndest time with LB's and injury's these past few years.

Yeah, Corey Nelson will take Lewis's place. He's an up and comer and played great last year as a true freshman.

Jackrabbit379 08-10-2011 06:53 PM

I heard that last night. That might throw a kink in OU's defense hose. :lol: That's not good. One thing I've always said about these players. There's a reason why they were recruited. There's always someone else to step up.
Kinda like Colt McCoy. I'm not a UT fan, but I have a lot of friends that are. I remember some were discouraged about McCoy graduating/getting drafted. They were wondering if Gilbert could be the next McCoy. Everyone is different, but there's a reason why Mack Brown recruited Gilbert. Mack Brown aint gonna recruit some bench warmer. Especially, since Texas is the school that has the silver spoon in it's mouth.