Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Sports Talk (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/sports-talk-21/)
-   -   Jr. and Truax (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/sports-talk/26800-jr-truax.html)

yoopr 05-09-2007 10:15 PM

Jr. and Truax

Form own Team-going to go to Jr. Motorsports.
This is gonna blow up in their faces.
Remember one of Jr.'s Recent quotes "I don't want to Own a Nextel Team" :P
Only good thing going for them in this deal is they're going to get Hendricks engines and frames.

Before anybody Jumps-Truex

Mr. Ford95 05-09-2007 11:00 PM

All I can say is, holy $hit JR nation is gonna be pissed. He will now be a teammate per se to Jeff Gordon in the same way Ginn Racing is to Hendrick. They won't be direct teammates but they will be getting tons of help and resources from Rick. Guess his fan gotta start cheering him some....... :D

yoopr 05-10-2007 12:07 AM

I was on Sirius Radio Pit Lane when the story broke(Still hasn't officially Broken) and Moody and his radio crew were a Riot.
I learned alot of things that I never would have thought of. Such as, unless Jr. pays a Fortune he won't be able to keep the #8 on his car.
Theresa I bet has some big name drivers lined up to sign.
News conference is around 10am Central tomorrow I think.
This is really gonna get interesting-Needed something like this to waken people up after the first 10 races lol

And for Hendrick Engines you know Hendrick is gonna give some kind of Marching orders.

mike3fan 05-10-2007 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95
All I can say is, holy $hit JR nation is gonna be pissed.

Nope not me.....I would rather get stuff from someone who knows how to put resources into the racing operation.

Personally I will be interested to see what transpires the next few weeks,with regards to car #'s and points,you know Budweiser has the funds to go buy the #8,but I don't think that DEI would sell the points that goes with it.Maybe Budweiser would like to sell a whole bunch of new merch. with a new number? There is precedent for buying the number and not taing the points,to me I don't really care what number he runs but it would be nice to keep the name reconition with the 8.

I think that next year is a perfect oppurtunity to start a new team,with what is expected to be the first full year with the COT,every team will be dealing with things associated with running a new car at all the intermediate tracks,and getting chassis and engines from what looks like the one team that has the COT figured out seems like a good deal. And you won't need to build as many cars as the cars are supposed to be used at a varitey of tracks.

Would I rather see him go to an established team like RCR? yes of course but can you imagine the pressure that would come with that? There is already those out there that say he can't hold a candle to Dale Sr. what kinda of expectations would Jr at RCR cause,they would all want him to run the #3 and then they would expect him to win a championship,and then another and then why didn't you win 7?

I will be the first to write this right now,When NASCAR changes the top 35 points thing at the start of next season(something they have already talked about) all the haters will come out of the wood work and say they did it to save Jr. from having to go home if he doesn't make the race.......more black helicopters.

yoopr 05-10-2007 12:59 AM

Obviously him announcing Tomorrow this new Formation there was a Final Blowup with him and Theresa and with this happening there is no way in Hell she's going to part with #8 if for just plain spite.

This is a monstrous wreck and Jr is going to be the Loser
Neither He, or Budweiser, have enough money to get that number from her now
Junior thinks he's big time. I guess we'll see how big he is when all this goes down
Yeah numbers have been sold but that was when reasonableness was in place and I don't see any give with these two(Three)

yoopr 05-10-2007 05:32 AM

Maybe he's gonna buy Theresa out :P

Mr. Ford95 05-10-2007 09:32 AM

Mike, what I meant was, a lot of his fans will be pissed that he is joining forces with Hendrick and the hated Jeff Gordon. :D

DEI is officially toast even if they are able to merge with Yates.

This could be a good move by Jr, he will not be a single car operation as an owner/driver. He will have at least 2 cars out there next year. I see a good chance of the #8 going with him, why would Teresa want to hold on to it?? Sentimental value?? The number will be worthless. I could also see Childress giving up the #3 to Jr IF Jr wanted it. Don't think he wants it right now though.

Bet Jr does not finish the season in a DEI car. He could be out of the car starting with the Coke 600 or the following week or even at 11 am today.

Mack2 05-10-2007 12:07 PM

Just wondering isn't the only way for a team to hang onto a number is to run it once a year?

05-10-2007 12:31 PM

Say Bye-Bye to DEI without the money that JR brings in with Budweiser and in his collectibles they will be bellyup in a couple years. More than likely he will be driving the #3 car since he had an agreement with Richard Childress that when he was ready he could use that number at anytime he wanted. You know the Eury's will also be going with him and alot of the engineers from DEI since JR has the money to pay WAY MORE that his mother ever could think of.

golfhobo 05-10-2007 03:18 PM

News conference on right now (almost over) on Speedchannel

05-10-2007 03:39 PM

I would not want to be Teresa Earnhardt right now. She had better have locked all her doors armed the security systems and hired some bodygaurds. Look for her to have a few flying Buds thrown at her next time she goes to a track let alone a few diecasts of #3 cars.

yoopr 05-10-2007 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironeagle2006
I would not want to be Teresa Earnhardt right now. She had better have locked all her doors armed the security systems and hired some bodygaurds. Look for her to have a few flying Buds thrown at her next time she goes to a track let alone a few diecasts of #3 cars.

oh brother-grow up

05-10-2007 03:47 PM

Think about it she is basically the reason why that Dale Sr's NAMESAKE son is LEAVING the company. You are talking about 7 time Champions son the MOST POPULAR DRIVER in the sport. Now all of a sudden she is losing the cash cow of the company do to the fact that she could not GIVE UP CONTROL of the RACE TEAM to a RACER.

Twilight Flyer 05-10-2007 03:57 PM

I don't follow NASCRAP, but I've actually followed this story from a business standpoint. My personal belief is that Teresa screwed up, big time. As violently loyal as a lot of racing fans get, she got herself up to the top of the most-hated list pretty quickly.

My guess is that this whole thing is a well-planned coupe by Jr. He leaves the team, lets them founder a couple of years, then walks back in and buys them up cheap and kicks Teresa to the curb. He's a young guy, he can afford to wait. And most important of all, he's the one with the name.

Jackrabbit379 05-10-2007 04:27 PM

Interesting. Hmmmm. I guess, I havent kept up with the news, lately.

Mr. Ford95 05-10-2007 09:03 PM

So per the news conference(which I have not seen or heard myself) he is leaving DEI but has no future plans. :? Here is what I see happening:

1) Jr will not finish the season at DEI unless he makes the Chase though he may bolt sooner after Teresa's little response today.
2) Only Gibbs and RCR have room for him next year and I do not think Gibbs is into running a beer sponsored car.
3) He goes to RCR and runs the #8 after Teresa and Richard come to terms on simply trading car numbers. She will give up the 8 to get the 3 that she has sought since Dale's death.
4) DEI merges with Yates and still flounders about.

Mack, you do not have to run a number once per year to retain it. Once NASCAR issue's a car owner a number, it is that car owner's as long as they pay NASCAR the money, yearly, to have the rights to it. If they do not pay, the number is given to the next in line that wants it. RCR has paid for the #3 every year so that it cannot be run by Joe Nobody.

yoopr 05-10-2007 09:18 PM

Quote:

So per the news conference(which I have not seen or heard myself) he is leaving DEI but has no future plans. :? Here is what I see happening:

1) Jr will not finish the season at DEI unless he makes the Chase though he may bolt sooner after Teresa's little response today.
2) Only Gibbs and RCR have room for him next year and I do not think Gibbs is into running a beer sponsored car.
3) He goes to RCR and runs the #8 after Teresa and Richard come to terms on simply trading car numbers. She will give up the 8 to get the 3 that she has sought since Dale's death.
4) DEI merges with Yates and still flounders about.

Mack, you do not have to run a number once per year to retain it. Once NASCAR issue's a car owner a number, it is that car owner's as long as they pay NASCAR the money, yearly, to have the rights to it. If they do not pay, the number is given to the next in line that wants it. RCR has paid for the #3 every year so that it cannot be run by Joe Nobody.

Jr gave Theresa a pretty smarmy shot when, I'm paraphrasing, that she will be in a home in a few years.
I think Jr. will finish his obligation to DEI. He has too or he'll get the pants sued off of him for Breach.
Don't know what the big deal with Childress is because they've had about as much success as DEI.
I agree with the #3 scenario, sort of.
Who REALLY screwed up, in my opinion, is John Menard when he sponsored DEI. From the Get Go I thought he should have gone with #17 who lived just down the road from Menard headquarters.

Twilight Flyer 05-10-2007 09:21 PM

I saw the transcript over lunch. He's finishing out the year with them.

Mack2 05-10-2007 09:48 PM

Mr. Ford95 thanks for answering my question.

Mr. Ford95 05-10-2007 10:26 PM

Not a prob Mack.

Yes, Jr has to finish out the season in the DEI #8, HE cannot decide to leave as he wishes BUT, if he misses the Chase then DEI will toss him to the curb much like we saw with Jeremy Mayfield last year. The company can choose to replace him ASAP to get another driver in there and start working with the crew though Tony Eury Jr said he was going to follow Jr to wherever he went. Jr is on the cusp of either making it or missing out again on the Chase though we still have more than 15 races to go.

RCR nearly won the Cup last year, after several years of struggles they had 2 drivers with a legit shot to win it going into the last 2 races. RCR is the only top team that can take Jr. Richard already said, "If and when his deal with DEI falls thru, I'm going to have a talk with him." Meaning he is going to spend the big bucks to go get him if he has to. RCR wants a 4th car but they haven't found the right driver to be able to start up that 4th team.

Ginn Racing could take him but they already have 3 teams and aren't looking for a 4th yet. Same with Gibbs, J.D was quoted as saying, "While we would love to have Dale Jr in our stable, we are not ready to start a 4th team just for him nor are we ready to have an alcohol sponsored car."

Mack2 05-10-2007 10:51 PM

Why wouldn't Gibbs want a alcohol sponserd car?

It seems to me the three best teams in this order are Hendrick, Gibbs, and Childress but Gibbs and Childress could change spots pretty easy.

Midnight Flyer 05-10-2007 11:58 PM

:D Now that Junior has quit DEI where's he gonna go? A free agent maybe (if there is such a thing in auto racing)? 8)

yoopr 05-11-2007 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight Flyer
:D Now that Junior has quit DEI where's he gonna go? A free agent maybe (if there is such a thing in auto racing)? 8)

That's exactly what he is. Unless there's alot that he didn't say in the Press Conference he doesn't have a clue. He'll go with RCR though.

Listening to Kelly and Jr. I get the feeling Kelly is leading Jr. by the Nose
Thing I don't really like is that no matter where he goes he's still going to get paid by DEI.

mike3fan 05-11-2007 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoopr
Jr gave Theresa a pretty smarmy shot when, I'm paraphrasing, that she will be in a home in a few years.

The story was about his maternal mother Brenda,he was talking about setting his family up for life and how that was a concern in looking for a new contract.He even said it was kinda hard to say with her sitting there that he would have to take care of her in the future,kinda a weird comment but I can't imagine all that was running through his mind up there.

Personally I feel better about his decision today since the idea of him running his own team seems not to be high on the priority list and would rather hire on with an established team,my guess is RCR,but I will say one thing NO NUMBER THREE CAR!. I saw the #3 car for the last time as far as I am concerned on Feb. 18th 2001.Richard already has the #33 so that would be my guess.They won't be able to make enough meomorablia to keep the shelves stocked.

I think Hendrick would provide the best oppurtunity to win a championship,but as a fan I don't feel Jr. would fit in very well over there,seems to be a different enviroment at HMS.

Gibbs is another choice,it would be interesting to see if Joe Gibbs would accept the beer sponsorship(I would bet no).

So really the only logical choice is RCR,I don't think that Hendrick would want to move Mears after only one year,but when you are talking about the most popular and most marketable driver in Nascar all bets are off,the owners must all have dollar signs in their eyes thinking about all the possibilites.

Jeff Hammond had the best comment he said DEI has now lost their second Dale Earnhardt.

05-11-2007 05:55 PM

Look for him to go to Ginn racing think about it has 2 older drivers and next year will have a rookie needs a younger full time number one driver. Ginn has and wants to spend the money to make his team dominant already has Hendrick powerplants in them. Could release Marlin after next year for Turex to come over no problem there. They almost one the 500 with Martin this year. Gibbs racing will not allow a beer sponsor so Bud is out there eliminates them RCR he would be the 3rd driver and competing with a hothead in Harvick. Hendrick would cost him to many fans. Ginn is a BILLIONARIE NO ONE CAN OUT SPEND THIS GUY to get him.

mike3fan 05-11-2007 06:37 PM

Quote:

RCR he would be the 3rd driver and competing with a hothead in Harvick.

3rd driver?........be back soon,I can't stop laughing at this comment

05-11-2007 06:45 PM

3rd Champion caliber driver I do not see Bowyer competing yet for the title. Plus Jr is going to want to go someplace were he can bring Truex on after next year and Ginn could do that since Marlin and Joe Nemocekix contracts are up after next season so letting one of them go would not be a problem. Put yourself in Harvick's shoes you have been the top dog for years at RCR now all of a sudden here comes Jr on the team you are telling me you would not have a chip on your shoulder. Besides Jr said it best yesterday HIMSELF he wants to be able to find his own place and team RCR would want him in the 3 so fast that he could not have a chance to be Jr. Ginn however would let him be himself and if they needed something would spend whatever it took to get it plain and simple.

Mr. Ford95 05-11-2007 08:53 PM

Ginn is out of the question. They are established but they are not running for a title yet and that is a biggie for Jr. They have 3 teams, 2 of which are struggling big time.

Hendrick is out of the question because they have 4 teams already, Nascar's new limit. Unless you already had 5 teams before the rule was added, your ok for a few more years before you have to be down to 4 teams, you cannot go and add a 5th one now. Kyle Busch is in discussions for a contract extension, who knows, he could suddenly get pissy and walk away from Hendrick(would be stupid but Kyle isn't the brightest one at times.) Hendrick is not going to boot Mears after 1 year, he knows what it takes to give a driver a shot. He stuck with Jeff Gordon while Gordon was tearing up cars left and right his first 2 years.

Gibbs is out because they are much like Petty and beer sponsors. Yes, Gibbs runs in the Bud Shootout and run the little stickers for it but that is all they are willing to put on their cars. Petty refuses to even run the stickers, which means they are not eligible for the Bud Shootout if they ever win a pole. Both are very family oriented teams.

Hall of Fame Racing is out, not established enough to be running for titles as they still run 2nd rate equipment from the Gibbs shop. They are getting better every week but it's a step down from DEI.

Jr already has who he wants to race with and if they don't work out, he will become an owner/driver. RCR is Jr's only choice, after that it will be his own team. Richard is not going to force Jr into the #3 ironeagle. He will only put it back on the track if Jr says it's ok and that an Earnhardt is driving it. He has been quoted numerous times on that. BTW, Truex is NOT leaving DEI unless they send him away. He is under contract for next year.

05-11-2007 09:14 PM

Remember this if Martin was running a full schedule he would be in the TOP 5 if not LEADING the points right now so GINN could be a title contender from the get go. He just took over that team this year and is pouring cash into it like crazy. He bought a 7 axis shaker and a few other pieces of engineering equipment also. Me does not need the motor department since he runs Hendrick so that gives him more money for chassis He may be the one for Jr. Do not count him out yet.

Mr. Ford95 05-11-2007 10:17 PM

Bobby Ginn took over the team this year but he was majority owner since the inception of the team. He has thrown money around like it is growing on trees, not smart as money alone doesn't win championships. The difference between last year and this year is that they have a top driver in the car. People thought Mark had been starting to slip, this proves that he has not slipped any. Not a knock on ol' "Front Row" Joe but he is not the talent Mark Martin is, that is why the 01 is running so well. :) Ginn Racing is on the same level as DEI. They have 1 good team, the 01 and 2 mediocre one's.

mike3fan 05-12-2007 12:59 AM

Quote:

Remember this if Martin was running a full schedule he would be in the TOP 5 if not LEADING the points right now so GINN could be a title contender from the get go. He just took over that team this year and is pouring cash into it like crazy. He bought a 7 axis shaker and a few other pieces of engineering equipment also. Me does not need the motor department since he runs Hendrick so that gives him more money for chassis He may be the one for Jr. Do not count him out yet.

Why the fascination with Ginn?

To me that would be a step backwards,sorry if that hurts your feelings but as Mr Ford said one good car for 10 races in a season doesn't make a contending team,to me there is just too much history between Jr and Childress for that not to be the logical choice.I've said it before and will keep saying it until it gets done(before the coke 600,my guess)Jr. will be driving the #33 Bud car next year for RCR and yes it will be Red.

It will be interesting to see how the race for the chase goes,David Poole(sp) said today on Sirius that he gives the #8 no chance on making the chase,I'm not so sure but there is alot of racing and some hot summer months to go so who knows,he may not even finish the season there.

05-12-2007 01:40 AM

All I am saying is Jr is looking to become his own person and get out his DADS shadow. The only company he has ever driven for was DEI if he goes to RCR may feel like he is still driving for his dad he said it himself I need to do what is best for me and MY FAMILY and he was not talking his STEPMOM. He also has said on MUTIPLE times he does not want to DRIVE for RCR til the END of his CAREER. Also does not want to drive for himself except for a last result Joe Gibbs Racing does not even allow the BUD POLE stickers what makes you think that they would allow Budweiser to sponsor a car highly unlikely. All I am using is logic. Hendrick has no room for him RCR does but he would be under to much pressure to drive the 3 there and he does not need that right now JGR will not allow alcohol sponsors so they are out being Jr is the face of Budweiser. JR Motorsports would take to long to get up to speed and Hall of Fame racing is a second tier team and the same with HAAS racing. That leaves Ginn as the only choice left and the owner has and would spend what ever it took to win a title remember this is the same guy who got Mark Martin away from Rousch Racing.

mike3fan 05-12-2007 01:52 AM

Actually Jr. has only said he doesn't want to run the 3 until sometime later in his career,never said anything about driving for RCR under another number.

Actually he has driven the #3 for RCR already and won in his only race,albeit in a Busch race at Daytona.... 8)

05-12-2007 01:54 AM

But if he goes there every fan is going to be screaming for him and RCR to bring the 3 back to the track regardless of how he feels.

mike3fan 05-12-2007 02:10 AM

Quote:

But if he goes there every fan is going to be screaming for him and RCR to bring the 3 back to the track regardless of how he feels.

I agree to some extent,but if they both say that it isn't gonna happen and they come out with the #33 with the same style 3's,most of the fans will be ok with it.

I have 4-5 really close friends who are of the same opinion that we have seen the #3 for the last time.

Yes there is gonna be enormous pressure involved if he goes to RCR,but he has been under pressure his whole career,from all the talk that he is nothing compared to his father(most aren't) and that he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and handed everything in racing(joke),I think that he welcomes the challenge of going out on his own(away from DEI) that then maybe he can be judged on his driving ability and less on just given everything as some will have you believe.

yoopr 05-12-2007 02:26 AM

Jr. came into Racing on his Daddy's shirt tail-Product sales are because of Budweiser PR Firm and Jr. is a so so driver and him EVER winning a Nextel Title is highly Doubtful.

mike3fan 05-12-2007 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoopr
Jr. came into Racing on his Daddy's shirt tail-Product sales are because of Budweiser PR Firm and Jr. is a so so driver and him EVER winning a Nextel Title is highly Doubtful.

:shock:

Mr. Ford95 05-12-2007 11:57 AM

For the record, Gibbs does run a Bud Pole sticker, they have to in order to be eligible for the season opening Bud Shootout which they do compete in. If you do not run the sticker then you do not get an invite to that race.

Just reading a piece on how Ginn is now officially in the Jr Sweepstakes. Misspoke above, Ginn did buy in a year ago it was MB2 Motorsports before that, my bad. Remember this, Ginn may already have a 4th driver in the stable that is young and marketable. He still has Ricky Carmichael. I do not see him ever being successful but if he makes it to the top by next year(doubtful) they will need a seat for him. Ginn wants Jr for his Busch program also. To help move Carmichael up with good equipment and resources.

Mack2 05-12-2007 05:01 PM

Quote:

For the record, Gibbs does run a Bud Pole sticker, they have to in order to be eligible for the season opening Bud Shootout which they do compete in. If you do not run the sticker then you do not get an invite to that race.

Just reading a piece on how Ginn is now officially in the Jr Sweepstakes. Misspoke above, Ginn did buy in a year ago it was MB2 Motorsports before that, my bad. Remember this, Ginn may already have a 4th driver in the stable that is young and marketable. He still has Ricky Carmichael. I do not see him ever being successful but if he makes it to the top by next year(doubtful) they will need a seat for him. Ginn wants Jr for his Busch program also. To help move Carmichael up with good equipment and resources.

Why don't you see Carmichael being succesful?

Mr. Ford95 05-12-2007 09:22 PM

It's a huge transition from 2 wheels to 4, much bigger than Montoya's transition from F1. Cycles don't have loose and tight condition's that you can simply adjust by tire pressure's or sway bar/track bar. It's also tough because a lot of potential drivers who have been racing 4 wheels all their life have been given shots at the big time and never came thru. It takes a real special driver to get there and he may get thru but man does he have a huge learning curve.

Ginn actually has a young guy in the mix that is doing real well who came out of the Whelen All-American Series. He is racing opposite of Carmichael and is scheduled to run in several ARCA and Truck races this year.