Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Sports Talk (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/sports-talk-21/)
-   -   Jr. and Truax (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/sports-talk/26800-jr-truax.html)

yoopr 05-12-2007 09:56 PM

Think it's between Ginn and RCR with RCR having the Edge but if Ginn gets a face to face with Jr. I think the odds tip to Ginn

Mack2 05-13-2007 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoopr
Think it's between Ginn and RCR with RCR having the Edge but if Ginn gets a face to face with Jr. I think the odds tip to Ginn

I saw somwhere that Penske was trying to talk to him.

Yeah I hear what you are saying Mr. Ford but I still think Carmichael can do decent.

Mr. Ford95 05-13-2007 02:37 PM

Hot rumor is that Penseke(Dodge) is after Jr but will Miller Lite share time with Bud or walk?? The rumor is, Newman is leaving for Gibbs with Yeley being out of the 18 and Gilliland to DEI. The last one isn't much of a stretch right now as Yates and DEI are in merger talks.

Evernham also wants a talk with Jr even if Jr doesn't want to drive a Dodge. Could Evernham be ready to jump ship from Dodge and go back to Chevy??

In other news, Jr's car was found to have an illegal modification to the rear wing. NASCAR took the mounting brackets after the wing was found to be sitting oddly during pre-race inspection. Not sure what type of fine it may draw, as it is the first instance someone has been busted for messing around with the wing. Prolly a tiny fine as it was fine during all the other inspections. May have been a simple mistake made as NASCAR keeps all wings under lock and key until Friday morning inspection.

05-19-2007 05:25 PM

Looks like RCR will be out of the running now with DEI and RCR combing engine programs. As bad as the blood is between Jr and Teresa right now unless those engines are 200hp more powerful than Hendricks RCR will be out of the running. Remeber this it was Teresa that killed the RAD program in the mid 2000's saying why should we share secrets with the other teams on about superspeedways. Look what happened after that DEI which DOMINATED at DEGA and DAYTONA has struggled ever since. Everytime She makes a decision it kills something that was helping that team. Lets Steve Himel go DEI lost the edge in HP refused to expand the engineering dept lost the Aero edge.

mike3fan 05-19-2007 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironeagle2006
Looks like RCR will be out of the running now with DEI and RCR combing engine programs.

I don't see that being a deal breaker fo Jr going to RCR

05-19-2007 07:03 PM

I do yes he wants DEI to succed however right now I just can not see him having anything to do with DEI. He wants to break all ties with that team and go off on his own and having RCR sharing an engine program with DEI does not help at all. Remember that his sister runs his business affairs and if they can force DEI into bankrupcy they can take it over cheap then he could come back. He did all this for a reason to make DEI a dominant team YEARS down the line after he gets control and once he retires.

Mr. Ford95 05-19-2007 09:23 PM

I'll tell ya what I'm hearing, RCR, Ginn and Gibbs have talked and made an offer to Kelley. Everham and Penske are still waiting to have their talk and make an offer. Hendrick has been silent on the issue.

Hendrick is the one to watch out for. The word around the garage is, Kyle Busch is working on an extension with Hendrick(just like Jr with DEI.) Kyle Busch is not very happy with his position at Hendrick right now and that is causing a problem with the contract talks. Apparently, and this coming from the garage at Hendrick, Kyle Busch wants to be the top dog at Hendrick and isn't happy with being 3rd in line. He wants the same stuff Gordon and Johnson have(not sure why he is wanting that, he IS getting the same stuff.) That little try and ride by Junior at Texas may have been more than just coincidence in fact.

Hendrick would be first choice if they come calling. If Kyle and Hendrick fail to comes to terms, expect Jr in the #5 next year. If they do come to terms, it'll become "Show Me The Money" time for the other 5.

yoopr 05-19-2007 09:30 PM

If true I hope it bites Shrub in the butt-Little egotistical jerk

mike3fan 05-19-2007 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironeagle2006
I do yes he wants DEI to succed however right now I just can not see him having anything to do with DEI. He wants to break all ties with that team and go off on his own and having RCR sharing an engine program with DEI does not help at all. Remember that his sister runs his business affairs and if they can force DEI into bankrupcy they can take it over cheap then he could come back. He did all this for a reason to make DEI a dominant team YEARS down the line after he gets control and once he retires.

You aren't flying a black helicopter are you? j/k
:lol:

Couldn't it be just as simple as Jr and Teresa have different views on how best to run the racing side of the buisness? After not accepting the offer from Jr. they just decided to go their seperate ways.

Here is a quote fron Jr on the engine merger deal:
"That's a great move," he said. "I was telling Richie [Gilmore] this time a year ago that if Chevy teams all consolidated to one program it would cut the costs tremendously.

"That's probably going to cut 25 to 30 percent of engine expenses off each side if they do it correctly. It's an awesome idea. The sport is getting so dang costly now," he said.

Doesn't seem to me that he would be too concerned with them working together,I don't know Jr at all personally and I assume you don't either,but from following him since 97' he sure doesn't seem like the vindictive type and I certainly don't think he want's to see DEI go bankrupt so he can get it cheap.I just think he wants to go to a legitimate championship caliber team and get a shot at a championship,nothing more nothing less.

Mr. Ford95 05-20-2007 12:37 PM

Rick Hendrick spoke last night and said that he is not into signing Jr but would jump at the chance to help him field his own team. All 4 drivers are locked in thru the end of next season so even if Kyle decides to leave Hendrick, Hendrick would have to let him out of his contract early in order for Jr to have a spot. Could still happen.......

Gibbs could take Jr on with this new twist that keeps popping up. Visa wants to become Jr's main sponsor. Is Budweiser willing to share the light or go with a smaller sponsor on his car??

Guess we will find out by the end of the season.

Mr. Ford95 06-12-2007 08:18 PM

Little bump to the top with a slight "I told ya'll so." And I do mean SLIGHT, could still change in the next 15 hours or so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95
Hendrick is the one to watch out for. The word around the garage is, Kyle Busch is working on an extension with Hendrick(just like Jr with DEI.) Kyle Busch is not very happy with his position at Hendrick right now and that is causing a problem with the contract talks. Apparently, and this coming from the garage at Hendrick, Kyle Busch wants to be the top dog at Hendrick and isn't happy with being 3rd in line. He wants the same stuff Gordon and Johnson have(not sure why he is wanting that, he IS getting the same stuff.) That little try and ride by Junior at Texas may have been more than just coincidence in fact.

Hendrick would be first choice if they come calling. If Kyle and Hendrick fail to comes to terms, expect Jr in the #5 next year. If they do come to terms, it'll become "Show Me The Money" time for the other 5.

The newest talk in the garage is that Kyle Busch has let his ego get out of control and that he wants out of his Hendrick contract and NOW. For the past 3 weeks, both Hendrick and Busch have been talking but Busch apparently keeps thumbing his nose at Mr. Hendrick. Good chance if this does happen tomorrow morning with Jr.'s Press Conference, (announcing he will drive for Hendrick) and the sources are real credible, Tony Sr. may climb back atop Jr's pit box as crew chief. Tony is hot with DEI right now and all the rumor's they have been spreading about him, so hot that he wants out of DEI. He has not agreed to any of the contract offers they have given him to become the new R&D director though DEI is saying that he has.

As the NASCAR World Turns....... :lol:

yoopr 06-12-2007 10:06 PM

Jr's having a press conference tomorrow-he's going to Hendrick and Punk ass Lil Shrub moving on to worst pastures. Thought he would go with RCR

yoopr 06-13-2007 04:26 AM

And Mikey is finally stepping out of his car and LaBonte is stepping in. I think Bobby is making a mistake but that's just me.

Mr. Ford95 06-13-2007 09:21 AM

Hey yoop, it's brother Terry filling in, not Bobby. :wink: If the cars are decent, Terry will get the car in the field and do fairly well.

yoopr 06-13-2007 02:19 PM

I thought it was Bobby-guess not
I heard it's possible that Budweiser might not follow Jr. To Hendrick. Not sure if that one is true

mike3fan 06-13-2007 03:51 PM

Sirius is really pi$$ing me off,do they need the damn advertising that bad that they have to break away from the biggest press confrence in Nascar in years?

Atleast I can switch over to XM........BS

I was surprised at the 5 year contract that is pretty long in Nascar terms,should be a pretty interesting Daytona 500 next year(got my ticket).

yoopr 06-13-2007 03:55 PM

I might make the Trip down there next year myself-Long way off.
You're not missing much with the press conference-pretty much a Yawner.

Jackrabbit379 06-13-2007 04:42 PM

Well, I was listening to the NASCAR channel on Sirius last night, but I missed the press conference. Did Jr go to Hendrick?

yoopr 06-13-2007 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379
Well, I was listening to the NASCAR channel on Sirius last night, but I missed the press conference. Did Jr go to Hendrick?

Course-just like I said :P

Jackrabbit379 06-13-2007 05:51 PM

Ahhh. That should be interesting. Wonder where Kyle Busch is going?

yoopr 06-13-2007 07:02 PM

I could really care less-My hope is that wherever he goes he fails miserably.

Jackrabbit379 06-13-2007 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoopr
I could really care less-My hope is that wherever he goes he fails miserably.

Sounds like you really like the guy. :P :lol:

yoopr 06-13-2007 07:13 PM

Oh Yeah :P
I should have added until the Punk grows up I hope he fails

Jackrabbit379 06-13-2007 07:14 PM

:lol:

Mr. Ford95 06-13-2007 09:01 PM

It is possible Bud does not follow Jr but remember this, before Dale put his son in a Cup car, Budweiser was the primary sponsor of the #25 car for Rick Hendrick.

I'm glad to see this move, now we will find out if Jr is all hype or for real. He has really stuck his neck on the line with his move, if he fails to do any better than he did at DEI, the fans will be quick to abandon ship. His fans have to remember though, do not expect him to come in right away and be winning races. I think he will lose a ton of fans now though. The local radio was having to replace their switchboard due to the volume of angry Jr fans calling in and denouncing their allegiance(sp??) to him. Love it though, shows who the true fans of the sport are.