Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Sports Talk (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/sports-talk-21/)
-   -   Jr. and Truax (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/sports-talk/26800-jr-truax.html)

mike3fan 05-12-2007 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironeagle2006
Remember this if Martin was running a full schedule he would be in the TOP 5 if not LEADING the points right now so GINN could be a title contender from the get go. He just took over that team this year and is pouring cash into it like crazy. He bought a 7 axis shaker and a few other pieces of engineering equipment also. Me does not need the motor department since he runs Hendrick so that gives him more money for chassis He may be the one for Jr. Do not count him out yet.

Why the fascination with Ginn?

To me that would be a step backwards,sorry if that hurts your feelings but as Mr Ford said one good car for 10 races in a season doesn't make a contending team,to me there is just too much history between Jr and Childress for that not to be the logical choice.I've said it before and will keep saying it until it gets done(before the coke 600,my guess)Jr. will be driving the #33 Bud car next year for RCR and yes it will be Red.

It will be interesting to see how the race for the chase goes,David Poole(sp) said today on Sirius that he gives the #8 no chance on making the chase,I'm not so sure but there is alot of racing and some hot summer months to go so who knows,he may not even finish the season there.

05-12-2007 01:40 AM

All I am saying is Jr is looking to become his own person and get out his DADS shadow. The only company he has ever driven for was DEI if he goes to RCR may feel like he is still driving for his dad he said it himself I need to do what is best for me and MY FAMILY and he was not talking his STEPMOM. He also has said on MUTIPLE times he does not want to DRIVE for RCR til the END of his CAREER. Also does not want to drive for himself except for a last result Joe Gibbs Racing does not even allow the BUD POLE stickers what makes you think that they would allow Budweiser to sponsor a car highly unlikely. All I am using is logic. Hendrick has no room for him RCR does but he would be under to much pressure to drive the 3 there and he does not need that right now JGR will not allow alcohol sponsors so they are out being Jr is the face of Budweiser. JR Motorsports would take to long to get up to speed and Hall of Fame racing is a second tier team and the same with HAAS racing. That leaves Ginn as the only choice left and the owner has and would spend what ever it took to win a title remember this is the same guy who got Mark Martin away from Rousch Racing.

mike3fan 05-12-2007 01:52 AM

Actually Jr. has only said he doesn't want to run the 3 until sometime later in his career,never said anything about driving for RCR under another number.

Actually he has driven the #3 for RCR already and won in his only race,albeit in a Busch race at Daytona.... 8)

05-12-2007 01:54 AM

But if he goes there every fan is going to be screaming for him and RCR to bring the 3 back to the track regardless of how he feels.

mike3fan 05-12-2007 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironeagle2006
But if he goes there every fan is going to be screaming for him and RCR to bring the 3 back to the track regardless of how he feels.

I agree to some extent,but if they both say that it isn't gonna happen and they come out with the #33 with the same style 3's,most of the fans will be ok with it.

I have 4-5 really close friends who are of the same opinion that we have seen the #3 for the last time.

Yes there is gonna be enormous pressure involved if he goes to RCR,but he has been under pressure his whole career,from all the talk that he is nothing compared to his father(most aren't) and that he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and handed everything in racing(joke),I think that he welcomes the challenge of going out on his own(away from DEI) that then maybe he can be judged on his driving ability and less on just given everything as some will have you believe.

yoopr 05-12-2007 02:26 AM

Jr. came into Racing on his Daddy's shirt tail-Product sales are because of Budweiser PR Firm and Jr. is a so so driver and him EVER winning a Nextel Title is highly Doubtful.

mike3fan 05-12-2007 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoopr
Jr. came into Racing on his Daddy's shirt tail-Product sales are because of Budweiser PR Firm and Jr. is a so so driver and him EVER winning a Nextel Title is highly Doubtful.

:shock:

Mr. Ford95 05-12-2007 11:57 AM

For the record, Gibbs does run a Bud Pole sticker, they have to in order to be eligible for the season opening Bud Shootout which they do compete in. If you do not run the sticker then you do not get an invite to that race.

Just reading a piece on how Ginn is now officially in the Jr Sweepstakes. Misspoke above, Ginn did buy in a year ago it was MB2 Motorsports before that, my bad. Remember this, Ginn may already have a 4th driver in the stable that is young and marketable. He still has Ricky Carmichael. I do not see him ever being successful but if he makes it to the top by next year(doubtful) they will need a seat for him. Ginn wants Jr for his Busch program also. To help move Carmichael up with good equipment and resources.

Mack2 05-12-2007 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95
For the record, Gibbs does run a Bud Pole sticker, they have to in order to be eligible for the season opening Bud Shootout which they do compete in. If you do not run the sticker then you do not get an invite to that race.

Just reading a piece on how Ginn is now officially in the Jr Sweepstakes. Misspoke above, Ginn did buy in a year ago it was MB2 Motorsports before that, my bad. Remember this, Ginn may already have a 4th driver in the stable that is young and marketable. He still has Ricky Carmichael. I do not see him ever being successful but if he makes it to the top by next year(doubtful) they will need a seat for him. Ginn wants Jr for his Busch program also. To help move Carmichael up with good equipment and resources.

Why don't you see Carmichael being succesful?

Mr. Ford95 05-12-2007 09:22 PM

It's a huge transition from 2 wheels to 4, much bigger than Montoya's transition from F1. Cycles don't have loose and tight condition's that you can simply adjust by tire pressure's or sway bar/track bar. It's also tough because a lot of potential drivers who have been racing 4 wheels all their life have been given shots at the big time and never came thru. It takes a real special driver to get there and he may get thru but man does he have a huge learning curve.

Ginn actually has a young guy in the mix that is doing real well who came out of the Whelen All-American Series. He is racing opposite of Carmichael and is scheduled to run in several ARCA and Truck races this year.