Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Sports Talk (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/sports-talk-21/)
-   -   Jr. and Truax (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/sports-talk/26800-jr-truax.html)

yoopr 05-09-2007 10:15 PM

Jr. and Truax

Form own Team-going to go to Jr. Motorsports.
This is gonna blow up in their faces.
Remember one of Jr.'s Recent quotes "I don't want to Own a Nextel Team" :P
Only good thing going for them in this deal is they're going to get Hendricks engines and frames.

Before anybody Jumps-Truex

Mr. Ford95 05-09-2007 11:00 PM

All I can say is, holy $hit JR nation is gonna be pissed. He will now be a teammate per se to Jeff Gordon in the same way Ginn Racing is to Hendrick. They won't be direct teammates but they will be getting tons of help and resources from Rick. Guess his fan gotta start cheering him some....... :D

yoopr 05-10-2007 12:07 AM

I was on Sirius Radio Pit Lane when the story broke(Still hasn't officially Broken) and Moody and his radio crew were a Riot.
I learned alot of things that I never would have thought of. Such as, unless Jr. pays a Fortune he won't be able to keep the #8 on his car.
Theresa I bet has some big name drivers lined up to sign.
News conference is around 10am Central tomorrow I think.
This is really gonna get interesting-Needed something like this to waken people up after the first 10 races lol

And for Hendrick Engines you know Hendrick is gonna give some kind of Marching orders.

mike3fan 05-10-2007 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95
All I can say is, holy $hit JR nation is gonna be pissed.

Nope not me.....I would rather get stuff from someone who knows how to put resources into the racing operation.

Personally I will be interested to see what transpires the next few weeks,with regards to car #'s and points,you know Budweiser has the funds to go buy the #8,but I don't think that DEI would sell the points that goes with it.Maybe Budweiser would like to sell a whole bunch of new merch. with a new number? There is precedent for buying the number and not taing the points,to me I don't really care what number he runs but it would be nice to keep the name reconition with the 8.

I think that next year is a perfect oppurtunity to start a new team,with what is expected to be the first full year with the COT,every team will be dealing with things associated with running a new car at all the intermediate tracks,and getting chassis and engines from what looks like the one team that has the COT figured out seems like a good deal. And you won't need to build as many cars as the cars are supposed to be used at a varitey of tracks.

Would I rather see him go to an established team like RCR? yes of course but can you imagine the pressure that would come with that? There is already those out there that say he can't hold a candle to Dale Sr. what kinda of expectations would Jr at RCR cause,they would all want him to run the #3 and then they would expect him to win a championship,and then another and then why didn't you win 7?

I will be the first to write this right now,When NASCAR changes the top 35 points thing at the start of next season(something they have already talked about) all the haters will come out of the wood work and say they did it to save Jr. from having to go home if he doesn't make the race.......more black helicopters.

yoopr 05-10-2007 12:59 AM

Obviously him announcing Tomorrow this new Formation there was a Final Blowup with him and Theresa and with this happening there is no way in Hell she's going to part with #8 if for just plain spite.

This is a monstrous wreck and Jr is going to be the Loser
Neither He, or Budweiser, have enough money to get that number from her now
Junior thinks he's big time. I guess we'll see how big he is when all this goes down
Yeah numbers have been sold but that was when reasonableness was in place and I don't see any give with these two(Three)

yoopr 05-10-2007 05:32 AM

Maybe he's gonna buy Theresa out :P

Mr. Ford95 05-10-2007 09:32 AM

Mike, what I meant was, a lot of his fans will be pissed that he is joining forces with Hendrick and the hated Jeff Gordon. :D

DEI is officially toast even if they are able to merge with Yates.

This could be a good move by Jr, he will not be a single car operation as an owner/driver. He will have at least 2 cars out there next year. I see a good chance of the #8 going with him, why would Teresa want to hold on to it?? Sentimental value?? The number will be worthless. I could also see Childress giving up the #3 to Jr IF Jr wanted it. Don't think he wants it right now though.

Bet Jr does not finish the season in a DEI car. He could be out of the car starting with the Coke 600 or the following week or even at 11 am today.

Mack2 05-10-2007 12:07 PM

Just wondering isn't the only way for a team to hang onto a number is to run it once a year?

05-10-2007 12:31 PM

Say Bye-Bye to DEI without the money that JR brings in with Budweiser and in his collectibles they will be bellyup in a couple years. More than likely he will be driving the #3 car since he had an agreement with Richard Childress that when he was ready he could use that number at anytime he wanted. You know the Eury's will also be going with him and alot of the engineers from DEI since JR has the money to pay WAY MORE that his mother ever could think of.

golfhobo 05-10-2007 03:18 PM

News conference on right now (almost over) on Speedchannel