Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Sports Talk (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/sports-talk-21/)
-   -   Predictions for NCAA Champion (football) (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/sports-talk/20343-predictions-ncaa-champion-football.html)

Kid Dynamite 09-11-2006 10:27 PM

Predictions for NCAA Champion (football)

I'm gonna say that ND will take it this year

stevedb28 09-12-2006 04:53 AM

ill guess......hmm usc. Ive not kept up with NCAA this yr like I have in yrs past. I lost the guy who takes my parlees and gives me money back, lol. :lol:

yoopr 09-12-2006 04:54 AM

Re: Predictions for NCAA Champion (football)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kid Dynamite
I'm gonna say that ND will take it this year

North Dakota?? :P
That would truly be an Upset :P

Jackrabbit379 09-12-2006 09:11 AM

Yeah. North Dakota may pull it off this year. :P :lol: :P

Actually,on a serious note,I never knew that they had a college up there,till I went up there on harvest,and that was in 95

Big_Dippin 09-12-2006 10:01 AM

Ohio State!! ND will play TOSU in the Fiesta Bowl again this year and will be dismantled again. Just like last year.

Kid Dynamite 09-12-2006 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big_Dippin
Ohio State!! ND will play TOSU in the Fiesta Bowl again this year and will be dismantled again. Just like last year.

If that's your championship prediction, it can't happen. Remember they are having a stand alone BCS Championship game aside from all the bowl games. I dont know if I'm liking that...guess I'll have to wait and see. Eventually though, someone will get the shaft just like before...some team will go undefeated and cry b/c they didnt get their piece of the pie.

I'm a Razorback fan and we just got done (2 weeks ago) playing USC...they are good but not near as good as they were. We fumbled 3 times before the mid second quarter and managed to only be down 16-7 at the half. Came out in the second half and our offense was just too sluggish and couldn't get it going...ended up wearing our defense out. We ended up getting hammered...but we really just got out coached. Someone is going to lay it to them this year, maybe 2 teams...I'm willing to guess that ND will be one of them. Oh yeah, I'll never look at the words "ND Nation" the same again...now I will just see North Dakota... :lol:

bulldog2036 09-12-2006 01:45 PM

...go Irish....

Big_Dippin 09-12-2006 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kid Dynamite
Quote:

If that's your championship prediction, it can't happen. Remember they are having a stand alone BCS Championship game aside from all the bowl games. I dont know if I'm liking that...guess I'll have to wait and see. Eventually though, someone will get the shaft just like before...some team will go undefeated and cry b/c they didnt get their piece of the pie.

I'm a Razorback fan and we just got done (2 weeks ago) playing USC...they are good but not near as good as they were. We fumbled 3 times before the mid second quarter and managed to only be down 16-7 at the half. Came out in the second half and our offense was just too sluggish and couldn't get it going...ended up wearing our defense out. We ended up getting hammered...but we really just got out coached. Someone is going to lay it to them this year, maybe 2 teams...I'm willing to guess that ND will be one of them. Oh yeah, I'll never look at the words "ND Nation" the same again...now I will just see North Dakota... :lol:

Yes, it can happen because the championship game is played in Tempe, AZ this year. Your right though, it won't be called the fiesta bowl but in the same location. A place where OSU has been 3 outta the last 4 years, all wins.

Kid Dynamite 09-12-2006 02:36 PM

Actually, the Championship is being played in Glendale AZ, the new AZ Cardinals stadium. The Fiesta bowl will remain in Tempe and be called the Fiesta. What I can't figure out is why is the GMAC bowl now being played on Jan 7th? Thats ridiculous! So the lineup goes BCS GAME, BCS GAME, BCS GAME, BCS GAME, International Bowl (which I think will only last a year or two), then the GMAC Bowl (not a good bowl) then the BCS Championship game. Check it out-

http://www.bcsfootball.org/bcsfb/schedule

Mr. Ford95 09-12-2006 08:50 PM

Michigan will upset OSU's dream season in the 'Shoe and the Irish will get lucky enough to draw Auburn. Auburn is my pick to win it all, they are flying under the radar doing what they need to do, quality wins over subpar teams. Come SEC Title Game time, they will be scary.

Kid Dynamite 09-12-2006 09:03 PM

Im actually really nervous about Arkanas going into Auburn this year. I feel good about our chances w/just about everyone...but Auburn. They are tuff.

What is the deal w/Vandy? How are they playing everyone sooo close? I thought they would return to their elite status of a bottom dweller in the SEC for the next 3-4 years...?

Adam9315 09-13-2006 06:14 AM

Tennesee Vols are looking very good this year. I hope they can win it. However, I think Ohio will go all the way.

Kid Dynamite 09-13-2006 12:44 PM

I'm not a fan of Fatt Phil Fulmer...but I'm down w/the SEC. Auburn vs LSU this weekend will be a good tussle

Big_Dippin 09-13-2006 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95
Michigan will upset OSU's dream season in the 'Shoe and the Irish will get lucky enough to draw Auburn. Auburn is my pick to win it all, they are flying under the radar doing what they need to do, quality wins over subpar teams. Come SEC Title Game time, they will be scary.

Michigan will upset NOONE this year. It just isn't going to happen. Tressel owns Michigan. TOSU will be in Arizone for the Championship game.

Kid Dynamite 09-13-2006 09:51 PM

Quote:

Michigan will upset NOONE this year.

Yeah, they are gonna have to go through ND this weekend..and I don't see that happening..and I dont mean North Dakota :lol:

Tillerman 09-16-2006 03:52 AM

OSU

After watching the dismantleling of UT it would be hard to bet against OSU!!!

Mr. Ford95 09-16-2006 08:37 PM

Michigan sure is having trouble with ND.....20-7 in the 2nd quarter. ND is making them look real good with no offensive output and TO's.

yoopr 09-16-2006 08:56 PM

I hate the U of M but I hate Notre Dame more so GO Wolverines :P

Mr. Ford95 09-16-2006 09:52 PM

34-14 early 3rd quarter. Was 34-7 just before halftime and ND got their offense going on that last drive. Up to that point, they only had 1 first down.

Big_Dippin 09-16-2006 09:56 PM

ND really looked bad in the first half. Maybe they can put something together and pull a nice comeback. That Florida and Tennessee game and LSU and Auburn games are gonna be good.

Go Buckeyes

yoopr 09-16-2006 10:05 PM

Hope U of M doesn't go into the Play safe mode-that'll kill you every time.

Mr. Ford95 09-16-2006 11:41 PM

47-21 Michigan romps. Brady Quinn just lost the Heisman with a good passing day tempered by INT's and a late fumble that sealed their fate.

Jackrabbit379 09-17-2006 04:36 AM

Man,its gonna be a toss-up this year. There were some good games today,and good upsets. Oregon beat Oklahoma,and Louisville beat Miami,and Michigan beat Notre Dame. I was at my dad's this afternoon watching the games with him. I noticed that there are some new NCAA rules this year. We were watching a game today,and I cant remember who was playing,but it was 4th down,and the team punted. I noticed that the game clock was running when they changed possessions. I was like, :shock: Dad was telling me that it is for the tv itself,so the game wont be running too long on tv,or something. :shock: That is dumb.

Big_Dippin 09-18-2006 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95
47-21 Michigan romps. Brady Quinn just lost the Heisman with a good passing day tempered by INT's and a late fumble that sealed their fate.

He lost the heisman way before this game. He played bad in the GT game and had a decent game against PSU. Troy Smith has been the frontrunner from after week 1 and will continue to be as long as they keep winning.

Adrian Peterson is putting up some good numbers eventhough his team got jobbed by the refs on saturday.

yoopr 09-18-2006 04:20 AM

seemed like a lot of Upsets-NOW if MSU can WHIP U of M I'm happy.
not holding my breath though

Kid Dynamite 09-18-2006 12:50 PM

Hi. I would like to retract my previous statements about ND. Thanks :?

Yeah, they speeded up the games this year. They estimated it will cut out 15-20 plays. Might not sound like a lot, but when you look back on some of the big games in the past that came down to the final plays, under the new rules that wouldn't have happend. My personal favorite wouldn't have ever happend either (shamless Razorback plug :wink: )

You've just gone 69 yrds in 1 play w/no timeouts. Ball on the 31, down by 6....17 sec left....the SEC West Championship on the line...what do you do...

http://oinkville.tripod.com/mom.wmv

Mr. Ford95 10-15-2006 09:18 PM

First BCS is out and the Michigan OSU matchup could be for the National Title before the Jan 8th game. The winner of that game, if both continue to win, will be the #1 team in the final BCS and the other is toast. All USC has to do is win out, even ugly wins and they will sneak in as the #2 team. The rest need a bunch of help as they are far behind in the points.

1. OSU 9.9
2. USC 9.8
3. Michigan 9.7
4. Auburn 7.7
5. WVU 7.4

yoopr 10-15-2006 09:38 PM

First BCS is out and the Michigan OSU matchup could be for the National Title before the Jan 8th game.

You beat me to it-agree

Adam9315 10-15-2006 09:50 PM

I would like to see ohio state play some SEC teams now. I bet they wouldn't do so well.

yoopr 10-15-2006 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam9315
I would like to see ohio state play some SEC teams now. I bet they wouldn't do so well.

I bet some big ten schools would put up quite a Tussle

Jackrabbit379 10-16-2006 06:35 AM

Yeah,I would like to see Ohio State play someone from the southeast,besides Bowling Green. :roll:

yoopr 10-16-2006 04:19 PM

I don't know any team in the SEC that either Mich. or Ohio Couldn't beat.

Adam9315 10-16-2006 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoopr
I don't know any team in the SEC that either Mich. or Ohio Couldn't beat.

They are good enough to beat any SEC team. I just don't think their rankings would be as good in the SEC.

NascarFan 10-16-2006 06:20 PM

I'm going to throw out a real big dark horse hear I'm going with Wake Forest.

yoopr 10-16-2006 07:42 PM

For a Dark horse I'll go with Louisville

Mr. Ford95 10-16-2006 08:24 PM

I don't see Wake doing much in the BCS. They don't play anyone the rest of the year that would help their ranking. The loss to Clemson will hurt and they still have to win the ACC Title game to have any shot at a BCS Bowl bid. They will get a bowl bid, could be the Peach, which is better than the #2 ACC team gets, the Gator Bowl. More exposure with the Peach for some reason even though the Gator pays more and is on New Year's Day.

If Louisville wins out(still have to face a much improved Rutgers and WVU) they will get a BCS Bowl bid but would still need some help from the teams they have already beat and teams above them in the rankings. They need Miami to get back in the Top 25 and get inside the Top 10 before season's end for it to count as a quality win.

I would have said Florida would give OSU and Michigan a good fight until Saturday night. Auburn shut down their spread offense pretty dang well. LSU is getting better each week and would prolly matchup best with Michigan. Nobody has anything for OSU out of the SEC or any other conference for that matter. Only Michigan has a shot against them and that is because it's a rivalry game.

yoopr 10-16-2006 09:15 PM

yeah-with Michigan vs. Ohio State records are out the window. Probably the same thing as when Alabama meets Auburn

Kid Dynamite 10-16-2006 10:01 PM

I'll say this, the SEC is the best. If OSU or Michigan were in there, one of them would go down. Maybe not both, but one of them would. They are good, but you have to be SPOTLESS to run the table in the SEC. I just dont see it.

Twilight Flyer 10-16-2006 10:18 PM

That and the Big 10 is weak this year. Other than Ohio State and Michigan, there are no real powerhouses...just a handful of decent teams, nothing great. Iowa is an also ran, particularly after their loss to Indiana this weekend and they will lose to Michigan this weekend. No one else really stands out all that much.

The SEC is tough. The Big 12 is a monster, too. I don't think Ohio State has anyone that is their equal this year, so I think they're a shoo-in. I also don't think USC is anywhere as good as people are making them out to be. They are ripe for an upset and I see it happening sooner that later. It would not surprise me in the least to see Louisville make it. Then again, should Louisville and others run the table and we have a have a handful of undefeated teams again, we'll once more be treated to why the current BCS sucks toad droppings.

Can you say playoff system? Without it, the "champion" is nothing more then a debated monicker. If Division 1-AA can do it, so can the big boys. But until some of these decrepit old twits that sit on the committee finally kick off and become fertilizer, we'll still hear the same old argument from them as they reach for their Geritol. "It werks, I tell ya! It werked for my granpappy so it werks for us!"

Buttheads. :roll:

yoopr 10-16-2006 11:19 PM

LOL-people have been pitching the Playoff system for how many Years Now? :P