Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Sports Talk (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/sports-talk-21/)
-   -   Predictions for NCAA Champion (football) (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/sports-talk/20343-predictions-ncaa-champion-football.html)

Kid Dynamite 09-11-2006 10:27 PM

Predictions for NCAA Champion (football)

I'm gonna say that ND will take it this year

stevedb28 09-12-2006 04:53 AM

ill guess......hmm usc. Ive not kept up with NCAA this yr like I have in yrs past. I lost the guy who takes my parlees and gives me money back, lol. :lol:

yoopr 09-12-2006 04:54 AM

Re: Predictions for NCAA Champion (football)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kid Dynamite
I'm gonna say that ND will take it this year

North Dakota?? :P
That would truly be an Upset :P

Jackrabbit379 09-12-2006 09:11 AM

Yeah. North Dakota may pull it off this year. :P :lol: :P

Actually,on a serious note,I never knew that they had a college up there,till I went up there on harvest,and that was in 95

Big_Dippin 09-12-2006 10:01 AM

Ohio State!! ND will play TOSU in the Fiesta Bowl again this year and will be dismantled again. Just like last year.

Kid Dynamite 09-12-2006 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big_Dippin
Ohio State!! ND will play TOSU in the Fiesta Bowl again this year and will be dismantled again. Just like last year.

If that's your championship prediction, it can't happen. Remember they are having a stand alone BCS Championship game aside from all the bowl games. I dont know if I'm liking that...guess I'll have to wait and see. Eventually though, someone will get the shaft just like before...some team will go undefeated and cry b/c they didnt get their piece of the pie.

I'm a Razorback fan and we just got done (2 weeks ago) playing USC...they are good but not near as good as they were. We fumbled 3 times before the mid second quarter and managed to only be down 16-7 at the half. Came out in the second half and our offense was just too sluggish and couldn't get it going...ended up wearing our defense out. We ended up getting hammered...but we really just got out coached. Someone is going to lay it to them this year, maybe 2 teams...I'm willing to guess that ND will be one of them. Oh yeah, I'll never look at the words "ND Nation" the same again...now I will just see North Dakota... :lol:

bulldog2036 09-12-2006 01:45 PM

...go Irish....

Big_Dippin 09-12-2006 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kid Dynamite
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big_Dippin

If that's your championship prediction, it can't happen. Remember they are having a stand alone BCS Championship game aside from all the bowl games. I dont know if I'm liking that...guess I'll have to wait and see. Eventually though, someone will get the shaft just like before...some team will go undefeated and cry b/c they didnt get their piece of the pie.

I'm a Razorback fan and we just got done (2 weeks ago) playing USC...they are good but not near as good as they were. We fumbled 3 times before the mid second quarter and managed to only be down 16-7 at the half. Came out in the second half and our offense was just too sluggish and couldn't get it going...ended up wearing our defense out. We ended up getting hammered...but we really just got out coached. Someone is going to lay it to them this year, maybe 2 teams...I'm willing to guess that ND will be one of them. Oh yeah, I'll never look at the words "ND Nation" the same again...now I will just see North Dakota... :lol:

Yes, it can happen because the championship game is played in Tempe, AZ this year. Your right though, it won't be called the fiesta bowl but in the same location. A place where OSU has been 3 outta the last 4 years, all wins.

Kid Dynamite 09-12-2006 02:36 PM

Actually, the Championship is being played in Glendale AZ, the new AZ Cardinals stadium. The Fiesta bowl will remain in Tempe and be called the Fiesta. What I can't figure out is why is the GMAC bowl now being played on Jan 7th? Thats ridiculous! So the lineup goes BCS GAME, BCS GAME, BCS GAME, BCS GAME, International Bowl (which I think will only last a year or two), then the GMAC Bowl (not a good bowl) then the BCS Championship game. Check it out-

http://www.bcsfootball.org/bcsfb/schedule

Mr. Ford95 09-12-2006 08:50 PM

Michigan will upset OSU's dream season in the 'Shoe and the Irish will get lucky enough to draw Auburn. Auburn is my pick to win it all, they are flying under the radar doing what they need to do, quality wins over subpar teams. Come SEC Title Game time, they will be scary.