Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Dodge Challenger now in Nationwide

Old 10-31-2009, 09:44 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I'm no Mopar fan by a long stretch but that is one sharp car. Cudos to Dodge on that one. A friend of my wife's just bought the new Camaro, it's sharp but I wasn't overly impressed with the interior.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:08 AM
Board Icon

Wait till the Mustang is shown. It will be the same as in Cup though with these COTs. Stickers on the front will be how you tell them apart, the rest of the car will be the same no matter the make.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:08 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
Wait till the Mustang is shown. It will be the same as in Cup though with these COTs. Stickers on the front will be how you tell them apart, the rest of the car will be the same no matter the make.
I would have suspected a response from some of the less knowledgeable fans around, but I thought you would be different Mr Ford and know that the new cars in nationwide are not going to be identical and keep more of a manufactures base styling.

Last edited by mike3fan; 11-01-2009 at 03:13 PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:55 PM
Board Icon

Sorry Mike, but that is exactly what some of the experts who saw these cars first stated. They said only the stickers on the front will be different, all the templates will be the exact same of one another, 1 template fits all makes.

Quote:
The new cars are closer approximations of the street version, a move manufacturers hope will lead customers into show rooms across the country. The current Nationwide cars are largely uniform save for variations on the grille.
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but that is exactly what was said about the Cup cars when they were in development. The only car close on the Cup side is the Impala and that's only because Chevy totally re-designed the Impala and built it to the race car design instead of the other way around.

Even worse news, with these Cup and Nationwide cars being so close to the same body style again, gonna see a whole lot more of the Cup guys running Nationwide for R&D/Testing unless NASCAR puts in a new rule to limit that.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:57 PM
Board Icon

Ok finally saw some better pics and walk around video of the cars. Yeah the experts are way off there with what I posted above. They do have stickers but the front and rear are the real deal of the street version with the cutouts. I was under the impression that was stickers designed to give the appearance of the street version like the headlights for example that we currently see on all the cars today.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:42 AM
Senior Board Member

Only thing I can say is good thing they didn't keep the rear side windows stock because thoose things on my car have ridicoulusly large blind spots