LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2008, 01:12 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Some please tell Brett Favre...

...to sit down and shut the hell up!

You know, I'm not a Packers fan by a longshot, but I've always liked and respected Brett Favre. That's changing rapidly this past week.

This is the 2nd year in a row he's played the retirement bit and now he's whining that he doesn't feel welcome in Green Bay? Hello?!? McFly?!? As I recall, he had the opportunity to step back from his retirement speech early on and would have been welcomed back with open arms. But no, he waits until the team has moved on with Rodgers in the starting spot, to stand up and unretire.

Sure, Favre might be the Packers best QB and Rodgers may not ever amount to anything. But Brett has 1 year left, tops and Green Bay is never going to know anything about Rodgers until he starts playing regularly. So Brett needs to shut up and stop the whining. If he wants to unretire, let him unretire and be a backup. I wouldn't give him a release, either. I think the Packers organization is exactly right in how they are handling it.

Old 07-15-2008, 01:33 PM
Board Icon

Favre is very quickly turning into Michael Jordon.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:01 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Here's the situation Brett has put himself in. Had he retired and stayed retired, he would have gone down as an absolute class act and one of the best QB's ever to play the game. He went out with a top notch year and even with a playoff loss, he finished pretty much on top.

However, because of the way he is handling this, he is now in a situation where he must start and he must win a Super Bowl, regardless of who it is with. Anything less will not be and should not be tolerated. Should he not accomplish that, his star will be greatly diminished. And that's really sad.

Old 07-17-2008, 11:35 PM

WTF you doin' Brett? The guy was one of the NFL all-time great class acts and his off-season circus act is really making him out to be an egomaniac whiner. I agree, the Packers should continue moving forward with Rogers just as they've planned on since Farve announced his "retirement" in Feb. Farve's dreaming, his head thinks he's still 24 but his body has been punished for 15+ yrs and won't take the punishment of yet another NFL season at his age. He'd be best served as a classy back-up quarterback tutor to Rogers, or an occasional commentator in the booth. The rest of the time he can go hang-out on his farm and go drown some worms if his ole lady is getting under his skin.

"Never say never because you just never know"
Old 07-18-2008, 01:08 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

As far as his abilities go, I don't think they've diminished at all. He can probably play the game as well as any QB today and is probably the Packers best chance of returning to the playoffs as Rodgers will have some growing pains.

My problem with him is his actions. The fact that the Packers won't release him and are starting Rodgers, is through no ones fault but Brett's. He's the one that retired, unretired, then retired again, forcing Thompson to move ahead with Rodgers. Coming back in July, 1 month away from pre season games, and saying he wants to play again, just don't cut it. It's not fair to the team, to the organization, or football fans in general.

I heard a commentator the other day hit it right on. He said something like "the franchise will always be around, Brett will not." And he's right on.

The right thing for Brett to do if he wants to come back, is to accept the backup roll with the Packers or to accept a trade, if it's offered. The whining he's doing right now needs to end.

Old 07-18-2008, 04:42 PM
Rookie

Kind of like Roger Clemens.Retire,unretire.I think they just want to be begged to stay on with the company.Media hogs,once the limelight shines elsewhere they feel the need to step back up and start whining.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:41 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Things are getting rather interesting up north. So, the Packers file a tampering charge against Minnesota and then we find out that 'ol Brett was the cause of that because he was making phone calls to the Coach Childress and the owner, on his Packers issued cell phone.

Are you kidding me?!?

What ever happened to that regular stand-up guy, Brett Favre? The one the world is seeing today is adding some heavy tarnish to that image and I don't see it getting buffed out.

Old 08-01-2008, 02:04 AM

I don't know why Brett would want to take anymore blows on the field......

He must not have much lined up after his football career.....

I hope he doesn't come to the Vikings.... great player, but we don't need anymore more politics between the teams.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:45 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Well, he's supposed to report to camp today. Green Bay is saying they are going to welcome him back, they have a $20 million dollar marketing deal on the table, but he is still expecting to play?

Man, I'm glad I'm not a Packers fan and even gladder I'm not Aaron Rodgers.

There is a team in disarray. :?