User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2007, 11:14 PM
Senior Board Member
Location: Livin' large in the Ozark mountains of western Arkansas
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Michael Vick Part 2

It was reported on Fox Sports today that two of Michael Vick's co-defendants who pleaded guilty to their part in the illegal dogfighting charges have have implicated the Atlanta Falcons quarterback and said that Vick helped hang and drown dogs who didn't do well in dogfights. Vick will be banned from the NFL for life if he is found guilty of the charges. :withstupid:
"Talk to me Goose".
"What we're dealin' with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law," Sheriff Buford T. Justice.
Friends don't let friends drive for C.R. England!
Old 08-17-2007, 11:43 PM
Board Icon

I hate that the prosecution is willing to even think about doing a plea deal for Vick but since they are, 10 years min or no deal is what I would like to see. Vick's lawyers are asking for 1 year jail(which they can prolly appeal to get him on house arrest/community service) and other slap on the wrist crap. :evil:
Old 08-20-2007, 07:47 PM
Board Icon

So, what's going on with him now? Last I heard, he has pleaded guilty, but they arent going to a trial? :shock:

Wonder how they go without a trial? Interesting. :|

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 08-20-2007, 08:06 PM
Senior Board Member

Just announced on Fox Sports that Vick's defense attorney said that Vick will plead guilty to the charges but his sentencing hearing is scheduled for Aug. 27. Vick could face up to five years in prison and a $250,000 fine but we all know that probably won't happen. He'll most likely get fined and get a suspended prison sentence and some other slap on the wrist. That just burns me up! :twisted:
"Talk to me Goose".
"What we're dealin' with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law," Sheriff Buford T. Justice.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:26 PM
Board Icon

They go without a trial because he is pleading guilty to all charges. Trial is for if your going to fight the charges. Had he gone to trial he would have been given a real hard sentence because one, the feds have him in a checkmate since they have turned all of those involved against Vick. The second is, more gruesome details would have come out and with it being a trial amongst his peers, they would have imposed a much harsher sentence. Right now, he is staring down a 5 year sentence though the prosecution is asking the judge to only give him 1 year as part of the plea deal. The judge is very sickened by the details and is looking to possibly give him the maximun. This court stuff does not include what the state of VA is charging him, so it is still possible he could face more time. Either way, his career in the NFL is toast and the CFL doesn't want him due to the whole Ricky Williams thing. Bets bet when he gets out of jail, he can try Arena League.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:59 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Arena league won't take him, either, as they are primarily run by NFL owners and used as a prep league, particularly since NFL Europe has been shut down.

Vick is a criminal and has always been one. Now it's out in the open. His football career is finished and I for one, am glad to see it happen. For someone to be that talented and that totally stupid at the same time, just boggles the mind. :roll: I want to see him do 5 years.

Old 08-20-2007, 10:15 PM
Board Icon

Like I said, he can "try" the AFL, not nearly as many fans as the NFL. I see the GM for Green Bay was quoted that Vick should get another chance in the NFL and will get another chance. The NFL will prolly ban him for life due to the charges of gambling though. That is a huge no-no in any sport when your an athlete. Doesn't matter if your betting on an entirely different sport than yours, it's considered unethical. The league is seriously pissed that he lied to them and his own team on everything. They were told a whole different story than what he is pleading guilty to.....just like his little brother, his career is over for being a bonehead.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:19 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
I want to see him do 5 years.
Ten would be better! 8)
"Talk to me Goose".
Old 08-21-2007, 01:40 PM
Senior Board Member

Prosecutors this morning as announced on ESPN say they'll ask for at least a year-and-a-half in the Crossbar Hotel for Vick. However, the sentencing judge might give him more-or less than that. I just can't understand why someone who had as much talent as Vick and had the whole world in his hands would pull such a STUPID stunt as having a dogfighting business. It boggles the mind! :cry:
"Talk to me Goose".
Old 08-21-2007, 01:52 PM
Senior Board Member

Im going to take some heat for this, But I think this Vick stuff is being blown WAY OVERBOARD. Believe me, Im not a Vick fan. Personally I feel he is a borderline illiterate moron. However, there are people right now fighting pit bulls all over the country and getting caught. Those people are basically getting tickets and paying a fine. Dont get me wrong, Im not a fan of dog fighting either However, I dont think we should fill our prisons with people using a pit bull for what it was designed and bred to do. If you truly want to ban dog fighting, ban the pit bull breed. Whether you like it or not, dog fighting seems to be sort of a part of inner city culture. Much like Rooster fighting in the rural parts of Oklahoma and Louisianna. There are still many many people who do both, and we cant just put them all in prison. Give them a ticket, make them pay a fine and then MOVE ON....CASE CLOSED.
I swear people would be less upset if Vick was putting together fights with 13 year old kids and betting on that.