User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2007, 07:03 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernpride

I really think the Toyotas are going to surprise a lot of people next year. not only gibbs but the entire field of em. It should be good!
Although I'm no fan of Toyota joining NASCAR, I think you're right on this one. I predict Tony, Denny, and Kyle will easily be in the top 15 in points and there's a good chance at least 2 of them will be in the Chase. All 3 are good drivers. Tony can flat out drive anything with wheels, Denny has proven himself, and I'm hoping Kyle will mature some and use his raw talent to be up there. :wink:
Old 10-22-2007, 10:07 PM
Senior Board Member

Mayfield in the #66 effective immediately and for 2008....good move

Old 10-22-2007, 10:17 PM
Board Icon

That 66 was strong for most of the race Sunday at Martinsville with Green in there.

Wild, Kyle was real mature yesterday. Much better than brother Kurt, who was cussing anything that moved after his blown tire put him in the wall. I thought Junior was bad at PG-13, Kurt was def. R. Kyle could have easily bumped Gordon and taken 3rd but he drove clean. Even dive bombing JJ earlier in the race, he never took it too far and really bumped him.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:25 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95

Wild, Kyle was real mature yesterday. Much better than brother Kurt, who was cussing anything that moved after his blown tire put him in the wall. I thought Junior was bad at PG-13, Kurt was def. R. Kyle could have easily bumped Gordon and taken 3rd but he drove clean. Even dive bombing JJ earlier in the race, he never took it too far and really bumped him.
Guess I was more like Kurt, after Tony had to pit that last time. :lol: :P

I think Kyle is ready. I've never been much of a Busch fan, (either of them) but since he is going to be with Gibbs, I'll root for him. I think he'll be a good mix with Tony and Denny.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:22 AM

you couldnt pay me to root for them, but i'll give kyle a "mature" drive yesterday.... Kurt Busch...well obviousley the Jimmy SPencer @$$ Whoopin didnt stick... cant stand either of them, and quite honestly, i hope Tony puts him in the wall during the 500 just to show him who's boss. Yeah yeah i know! But i cheer when gordon, JJ, or the Busch bro's hit the wall.... SO SUE ME!

MAyfield to the 66.... eh... like i said it be worse, but could be better...

Here's one thing i dont understand, (not being sarcastic) WHY??? do people not like TOYOTA being in NASCAR? Do these makers who build their cars in Mexico get the same crap from you guys? PLUS toyotas are mainly built in the USA... so whats the problem? If the American car makers could keep up with the quality and price that the Japs put out, then there wouldn't be soo many JAP cars in the USA.... which again would reduce Jobs in the USA. Toyo has just as much right to be in this series as any other maker..... Ya'll are just scared that when they start winning it'll be just like in the Truck series. DOMINANCE!
Old 10-23-2007, 08:29 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernpride
But i cheer when gordon, JJ, or the Busch bro's hit the wall.... SO SUE ME!
Makes 2 of us, especially Jeffy and Jimmie!!

Quote:
Here's one thing i dont understand, (not being sarcastic) WHY??? do people not like TOYOTA being in NASCAR? Do these makers who build their cars in Mexico get the same crap from you guys? PLUS toyotas are mainly built in the USA... so whats the problem? If the American car makers could keep up with the quality and price that the Japs put out, then there wouldn't be soo many JAP cars in the USA.... which again would reduce Jobs in the USA. Toyo has just as much right to be in this series as any other maker.....
Good point, but it just opens things up for any car maker, like BMW or Porsche for that matter. I have nothing against Toyota, just don't want NASCAR to end up being like some of the other series out there. :wink:

Quote:
Ya'll are just scared that when they start winning it'll be just like in the Truck series. DOMINANCE!
Being a Gibbs fan, I actually love the sound of that! With Tony leading the charge! :P
Old 10-24-2007, 09:33 AM
Board Icon

Unless Toyota get's there act together, only BDR and Gibbs will be strong next year. BDR is the only Toyota team doing everything in-house, they are not getting everything from Toyota like MWR is which is why they have had some great runs. Toyota is not going to dominate like they do in the Truck Series. The cars are all too close for them to dominate Cup.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:48 PM
Rookie

Another reason Toyota will not dominate is the amount of money in the Cup series compared with the truck series. Most owners put a lot more emphasis on their cup teams, with the Bush and Truck series being the red headed step child.

That said, I think having a quality competitor in JGR, you will see Toyota winning some races next year. I would like to see Kyle Bush win a couple just so Hendrick can see what a bad move he made letting him go.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:22 PM
Board Icon

It may have been a bad move competitive wise, but not money wise and that's where it is, all about the money Junior can bring in.

Toyota will dominate about as much as they have in F1, southernpride knows what I mean by that. They have been walking around with their tail between their legs for a few years now.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:32 PM
Senior Board Member

I really wouldn't want to see anyone dominate, honestly. It takes the fun out of some sports. I DO want to see them be competitive, even before I found out that JGR was moving over to them. :wink: