User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2006, 03:42 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default wow

The outcome of that game REALLY surprised me. I still have a hard time taking NO seriously.
Maybe I should?
Smoke coming out of Batman's ears right now I bet.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:28 PM
Board Regular
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoopr
Smoke coming out of Batman's ears right now I bet.
As it is out of Coalregion's...They got embarrassed last night. :evil: My biggest question is , when they first came out and quickly established the run, to the tune of a 77 yard TD scamper, why did they immediately try and got to the pass?? Romo is quickly coming back to earth, and the quicker they cater the game plan to that fact, the quicker they will make sure last night was an abberation and not a trend.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:56 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

I agree with that. It appears to me that they got to believing the press about them, but learned very quickly that even if they are a premiere team (and I still think they are) in the NFC, they damn well better play like it. Jason Ferguson said it perfectly. "We weren't ready."

I hang a lot of last night on the Defense, too. Did they even show up last night? That was absolutely pathetic. Sure, Brees is good, but we're talking 2nd and 3rd tier players (outside of Bush) burning them over and over again. With the D that they have, they should have put up 3 or 4 interceptions and at least that many sacks.

Also, I can't understand how they did NOT expect that onside kick. Right after the Saints got that TD, I was telling my wife they were going to onside kick it. They had the momentum and this would be the perfect play to pretty much seal the deal, since they really had nothing at all to lose. :roll: So, along with the D not showing up, the game was poorly coached, too.

But if they're gonna lose, last night was the perfect game to do it. They've got 3 very winnable games left (2 at home) and they know they're not invincible. Get it together this week (Parcells will smoke them this week in practice), and finish out the season strong. This is where they will find out how good they really are.

Old 12-11-2006, 04:12 PM
Board Icon

when they first came out and quickly established the run, to the tune of a 77 yard TD scamper, why did they immediately try and got to the pass

I have no clue why they changed their game plan after they did that.