Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Rules and Regulations and DAC, Oh My (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/rules-regulations-dac-oh-my-16/)
-   -   Another failed drug test question (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/rules-regulations-dac-oh-my/27151-another-failed-drug-test-question.html)

havartart 05-23-2007 01:37 PM

Another failed drug test question

I just failed a drug test from a union company a 2nd time so I will be fired (they give you one chance to clean up). It is going to be hard when I was living pay check to pay check even with a high paying union job. Since no company would hire me how about becoming an owner operator or would my positive drug test prevent me from doing that. Any suggestions? Would this follow me to any other types of jobs besides trucking- in other words I won't be able to get any job.

Twilight Flyer 05-23-2007 01:42 PM

You won't be able to get a job as an O/O, either, unless you have your own authority and are brokering your own freight. Do a search on drug-testing issues on this site. You're about to take a beating.

Fozzy 05-23-2007 01:46 PM

Re: Another failed drug test question

Quote:

Originally Posted by havartart
I just failed a drug test from a union company a 2nd time so I will be fired (they give you one chance to clean up). It is going to be hard when I was living pay check to pay check even with a high paying union job. Since no company would hire me how about becoming an owner operator or would my positive drug test prevent me from doing that. Any suggestions? Would this follow me to any other types of jobs besides trucking- in other words I won't be able to get any job.

Sorry for you.. but there will be less than sympathy for you in most venues.. Once was stupid and close to unforgivable due to the common knowledge of the drug testing laws in this industry. You flaunted the rules and played the game anyway. You then got another chance which you obviously took for granted and dangerously risked your livelyhood. I hope you do not have a family...

05-23-2007 02:23 PM

dummy

Uturn2001 05-23-2007 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
You won't be able to get a job as an O/O, either, unless you have your own authority and are brokering your own freight. Do a search on drug-testing issues on this site. You're about to take a beating.

Even then, if you do not clean up your act you are screwed because even with your own authority you still have to submit to random drug testings to be compliant with federal regs.

What you need to do is go through a SAP program, substance abuse program, and successfully complete it and stay off the drugs. Every day more and more employers in all industries are taking a zero drug use policy and doing pre-hire and random drug testing.

jiptwoo 05-23-2007 04:48 PM

Forget about it, your finished in more ways than one. The most important being yourself, your have a drug problem and are not needed on the road. Forget the SAP program, someone tell me one employer that will hire you after completing the program, or an insurance co. that will insure you. GET HELP!

Jackrabbit379 05-23-2007 05:41 PM

Dad gum! I think I would have left the grass alone on the first go around. Yall really think yall can play in the grass, and still be streak clean?
Well, best of luck to ya.

Double R 05-23-2007 06:05 PM

Quote:

Nice way to ruin a good living. DUMMY!

havartart 05-23-2007 07:04 PM

Well I'm not dumb, I have a Master of Science in Aeronautics from Embry Riddle from my time as a pilot in the USAF. I got dishonorably discharged from the USAF (no not from drugs) and now this so I agree I made dumb decisions in my life. I do have a family so hopefully I can find something else with my degree. I just meet the wrong people during my depression after the discharge from service. It was hard to find a job after the discharge so now it will be even harder.

Uturn2001 05-23-2007 07:57 PM

It sounds like you have a history of making poor choice in your life. I strongly suggest getting help, both for the drugs and for the problems leading to the drug use.

kilog55 05-23-2007 08:10 PM

alot of places wont even take you if you were dishonorably discharged, now you failed 2 drug tests? be lucky you got a 2nd round. you never said what made you fail the test most assume weed, but with a track record like yours i bet it was worse then that.

:roll: atleast the roads are a little safer

silvan 05-24-2007 01:41 AM

Quote:

Well I'm not dumb, I have a Master of Science in Aeronautics from Embry Riddle from my time as a pilot in the USAF.

Dude, you may be intelligent, and you may be well-educated, but you're still dumb.

The name is DuMass.

If you want a job, apply for work delivering bedroom furniture in a sixwheeler for $8 an hour. I know a lot of guys doing exactly that because they like their dope too much to get a real job.

You might try McDonald's too, or Taco Bell.

Dawn 05-24-2007 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379
Dad gum! I think I would have left the grass alone on the first go around. Yall really think yall can play in the grass, and still be streak clean?
Well, best of luck to ya.

How do you know it was not the white stuff to keep him awake to deliver them loads on time?
To many drivers use drugs to keep going! You must remember running legal and staying drug free are very important to prevent prison time.

I understand life takes a turn on all of us and no one can predict what you will wake up to! Stay strong and avoid drugs! If you have an accident and they have to do a drug/alcohol test you are in big big trouble.

kilog55 05-24-2007 03:46 AM

well i know i wont wake up to pot brownies in my mouth or a VCR (visible coke ring) on my nose so honestly there are no excuses for doing any illegal drug in this business :roll:

Jackrabbit379 05-24-2007 06:37 PM

Dawn, I said nothing about him making deliveries. I made a comment about him failing his drug test.

05-25-2007 03:49 PM

dishonorable discharg??? 2 failed drug tests?? but since he has a degree we are supposed to believe that he is smart. what a dummy. do you speak mexican??? you could probably get hired in New Jersey hauling containers if you can pass yourself off as an illegal. just a thought, but you are smart enough, you probably already thought of that.

Useless 05-25-2007 04:16 PM

Better forget about driving.

With a history like that, your talents would be much better applied by becoming a dispatcher!!

Jackrabbit379 05-25-2007 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Useless

With a history like that, your talents would be much better applied by becoming a dispatcher!!

Dispatchers are sober? :P :? :lol:

05-25-2007 08:02 PM

I know of a NICE company in W Liberty IA he would fit right into as a disptcher who knows maybe the boss will let him do lines with him LOL

Dawn 05-26-2007 03:34 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Most dispatcher are drinkers or smoke dop :lol:
No I am not a dispatcher, I just know plenty of them :cry:

Jackrabbit379 05-26-2007 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawn
Most dispatcher are drinkers or smoke dop :lol:
No I am not a dispatcher, I just know plenty of them :cry:

What is dop? Is that like pot? :P

Useless 07-30-2007 06:11 AM

Methinks that Col.Toon/Chad has struck again!! :P

Twilight Flyer 07-30-2007 02:24 PM

Quote:

Methinks that Col.Toon/Chad has struck again!!
Must be the "dop" :lol:

all18wheels 08-02-2007 03:43 AM

good going ACE, hope it was some good shit :roll:

yoopr 08-02-2007 03:48 AM

Gotta do something REALLY major to get a Dishonorable Discharge.

Bandit102 09-26-2007 11:21 PM

Ok, here goes, I know I'm gonna get bashed for this one. 9 years ago, I got a felony drug conviction. Drive for a company, nope. Forget it. I have 3 trucks out there and Foley does my random drug testing service for me. My policy is ZERO TOLERANCE!!! I know first hand that people who use drugs don't quit. The drugs run their lives. Until that person decides enough is enough. No drug program on Earth is worth s***. None of them. Period. My life took a rapid U-Turn at that point, but statistically, I am 8 in 100. Bust ONE drug test with me and I'll get a good man or lady to where the truck happens to be and you're down the road. NO EXCEPTIONS!!! And this is the policy of an ex drug user. You need to get it together, man. A little bit of weed or whatever is NOT OK!!

Jay B 09-27-2007 11:30 PM

Quote:

Well I'm not dumb, I have a Master of Science in Aeronautics from Embry Riddle from my time as a pilot in the USAF. I got dishonorably discharged from the USAF (no not from drugs) and now this so I agree I made dumb decisions in my life. I do have a family so hopefully I can find something else with my degree. I just meet the wrong people during my depression after the discharge from service. It was hard to find a job after the discharge so now it will be even harder.

How did you get a decent job with a BCD in the first place? You claim to be an ex AF pilot and hold a Masters degree in a hard science yet you also have a disgraceful discharge from the military and you are a crack head. You are either a LIAR or the biggest idiot on this board.

Why dont you take your masters degree and go teach at Berkley with the rest of the dope heads and democrats. ( not that I believe you really have an advanced degree)

What a loser. People like that really piss me off.

Skywalker 09-29-2007 02:58 AM

Quote:

Well I'm not dumb,

Sorry bucko....but you are dumb. In fact a bag of hammers has more smarts than you.

Quote:

I have a Master of Science in Aeronautics from Embry Riddle from my time as a pilot in the USAF. I got dishonorably discharged from the USAF (no not from drugs) and now this so I agree I made dumb decisions in my life.
Lets see....you put an absolutely enviable career in the "shitter" and you say you're not "dumb"..... You may hold some "paper", but that is not by any means proof of maturity and common sense.... There is far more to being "smart" than passing tests.

Quote:

I do have a family so hopefully I can find something else with my degree. I just meet the wrong people during my depression after the discharge from service. It was hard to find a job after the discharge so now it will be even harder.
SO, now you've decided its time to be worried about your family.... or is it that you are worried about what they will do to you because you have committed a daisy chain of "f'ups" and trashed a career, got shitcanned from a union job.....and you are looking for a key to the door that opens up to the path to success....now?

Right about now....probably the only job you will be able to get will be at the end of a shovel or humping shingles for a roofing company...

I'm not going to apologize for my lack of sympathy for your plight. You created it, continued to make bad decisions....instead of "sucking it up and being a man". Damn, the parolees that I retrained at the US Army Retraining Brigade in the 70's had more stones!!

My advice to you is this: Extract your cranium from rectal defilade, or get a "plasiectomy" so you can see what you are doing with your head up your ass"!!

Stay away from trucking. You've killed your prospects there. And frankly, the last thing any of us needs is drug users on the road.

I do hope for the sake of your family....that you get your shit together, start acting like a man and an adult....get a job and keep it together for their sake. They should not have to suffer for your stupidity.

Useless 10-15-2007 08:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

No!!

That'e exactly why he has prospects of a bright future as a dispatcher!!

Jackrabbit379 10-16-2007 04:30 PM

Well, he better be a dispatcher. :P

Useless 10-17-2007 12:20 AM

Quote:

Well, he better be a dispatcher. :P

Or a Recruiter!! 8)

mbadriver 01-01-2008 05:31 PM

Start using prescription drugs - the ones they don't test for!

Quote:

Clay51 01-14-2008 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoopr
Gotta do something REALLY major to get a Dishonorable Discharge.

True, even more so if he was a pilot (read: commissioned officer). Takes a real screw up for an officer to get a court martial, which, of course, is also a federal felony.

He had better buy himself a pickup and lawn mower. That is likely the only job he will find.

Creek Jackson 01-15-2008 12:45 AM

There are a multitude of reasons why one may make poor choices in life.
Many of which we are likely not to have a clue; or what this person may be going through. And certainly substance abuse remedies nothing.

Before you go berating someone for the choices they may have made, you may want to take a look at some of your own.

How about driving a truck for a living!!!!!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock:

havartart 01-15-2008 04:53 PM

this is still at the top!! I'm doing plumbing now. I had over 1 million accident free miles in my trucking career. By the way Twilight Flyer, I worked for Heartland :shock: for a year- no accidents, and all loads on time. 8)

golfhobo 01-15-2008 05:46 PM

Quote:

this is still at the top!! I'm doing plumbing now. I had over 1 million accident free miles in my trucking career. By the way Twilight Flyer, I worked for Heartland :shock: for a year- no accidents, and all loads on time. 8)

No, not "STILL." It was resurrected. More surprisingly.... YOU noticed it! You've ONLY got 3 posts TOTAL. What made you "check in?" Just curious.

For the record.... I am not one who flames people like you for making mistakes. Sure, it WAS pretty dumb. Even YOU can't argue that. But, I don't think YOU are dumb. SOME truckers just think they are GOD, or something. They have forgotten the scripture of "Judge not, lest ye BE judged."

I am glad you are doing o.k. Plumbing pays well (probably better than trucking!) And you are providing for your family LIKE A MAN! I hope you are staying drug free, as that is the only way to enjoy life!

It took alot of "stones" to come on here and ask for advice considering your "crime." Sorry, you couldn't just get a straight answer.

I, for one, can understand the depression that followed your discharge. In fact, this is affecting hundreds of Iraqi War veterans today!! Those who've never LOST the self-esteem that you once had, have NO CLUE as to how easily depression can set in and take control of our decisions.

I'm not excusing your SECOND test failure, but things ARE what they ARE. I'm just proud of you for going out and getting a good paying job to support your family. My grandfather always said (repeated thousands of times by my father,) that even digging a ditch can be honest and honorable work! In fact, on a skill level basis, plumbing is pretty much equal to truck driving.

Anyways, best wishes to ya. If you haven't already, I hope you seek help for depression. I wouldn't think that you are a drug addict. Drugs are just symptomatic of depression. With or WITHOUT drug use, depression can ruin a life!

Hobo

havartart 01-15-2008 11:44 PM

Well, I use to make fun of druggies when I was younger. All I'm going to say is stay away from strip clubs, lot lizards, and other drivers offering drugs to keep you awake. The circle K truckstop in Phoenix is where it all started for me. Bad place-stay away. I have been drug free for 7 months and doing good with plumbing, but I do miss trucking and occasionally check in to see what's happening with hours of service rules and the mexican truckers. Maybe in 3-10 years I can come back.