Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Rules and Regulations and DAC, Oh My (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/rules-regulations-dac-oh-my-16/)
-   -   Another failed drug test question (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/rules-regulations-dac-oh-my/27151-another-failed-drug-test-question.html)

Useless 10-17-2007 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379
Well, he better be a dispatcher. :P

Or a Recruiter!! 8)

mbadriver 01-01-2008 05:31 PM

Re: Another failed drug test question

Start using prescription drugs - the ones they don't test for!

Quote:

Originally Posted by havartart
I just failed a drug test from a union company a 2nd time so I will be fired (they give you one chance to clean up). It is going to be hard when I was living pay check to pay check even with a high paying union job. Since no company would hire me how about becoming an owner operator or would my positive drug test prevent me from doing that. Any suggestions? Would this follow me to any other types of jobs besides trucking- in other words I won't be able to get any job.

Clay51 01-14-2008 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoopr
Gotta do something REALLY major to get a Dishonorable Discharge.

True, even more so if he was a pilot (read: commissioned officer). Takes a real screw up for an officer to get a court martial, which, of course, is also a federal felony.

He had better buy himself a pickup and lawn mower. That is likely the only job he will find.

Creek Jackson 01-15-2008 12:45 AM

There are a multitude of reasons why one may make poor choices in life.
Many of which we are likely not to have a clue; or what this person may be going through. And certainly substance abuse remedies nothing.

Before you go berating someone for the choices they may have made, you may want to take a look at some of your own.

How about driving a truck for a living!!!!!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock:

havartart 01-15-2008 04:53 PM

this is still at the top!! I'm doing plumbing now. I had over 1 million accident free miles in my trucking career. By the way Twilight Flyer, I worked for Heartland :shock: for a year- no accidents, and all loads on time. 8)

golfhobo 01-15-2008 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by havartart
this is still at the top!! I'm doing plumbing now. I had over 1 million accident free miles in my trucking career. By the way Twilight Flyer, I worked for Heartland :shock: for a year- no accidents, and all loads on time. 8)

No, not "STILL." It was resurrected. More surprisingly.... YOU noticed it! You've ONLY got 3 posts TOTAL. What made you "check in?" Just curious.

For the record.... I am not one who flames people like you for making mistakes. Sure, it WAS pretty dumb. Even YOU can't argue that. But, I don't think YOU are dumb. SOME truckers just think they are GOD, or something. They have forgotten the scripture of "Judge not, lest ye BE judged."

I am glad you are doing o.k. Plumbing pays well (probably better than trucking!) And you are providing for your family LIKE A MAN! I hope you are staying drug free, as that is the only way to enjoy life!

It took alot of "stones" to come on here and ask for advice considering your "crime." Sorry, you couldn't just get a straight answer.

I, for one, can understand the depression that followed your discharge. In fact, this is affecting hundreds of Iraqi War veterans today!! Those who've never LOST the self-esteem that you once had, have NO CLUE as to how easily depression can set in and take control of our decisions.

I'm not excusing your SECOND test failure, but things ARE what they ARE. I'm just proud of you for going out and getting a good paying job to support your family. My grandfather always said (repeated thousands of times by my father,) that even digging a ditch can be honest and honorable work! In fact, on a skill level basis, plumbing is pretty much equal to truck driving.

Anyways, best wishes to ya. If you haven't already, I hope you seek help for depression. I wouldn't think that you are a drug addict. Drugs are just symptomatic of depression. With or WITHOUT drug use, depression can ruin a life!

Hobo

havartart 01-15-2008 11:44 PM

Well, I use to make fun of druggies when I was younger. All I'm going to say is stay away from strip clubs, lot lizards, and other drivers offering drugs to keep you awake. The circle K truckstop in Phoenix is where it all started for me. Bad place-stay away. I have been drug free for 7 months and doing good with plumbing, but I do miss trucking and occasionally check in to see what's happening with hours of service rules and the mexican truckers. Maybe in 3-10 years I can come back.