Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Rules and Regulations and DAC, Oh My (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/rules-regulations-dac-oh-my-16/)
-   -   Failed pre-employment drug screen (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/rules-regulations-dac-oh-my/18971-failed-pre-employment-drug-screen.html)

terryj9351 10-06-2006 05:09 PM

Choice

I've heard it more than once, I prefer that my coworkers use nothing on the job. After work, I'd work around a guy that smokes pot anytime over a guy that drinks. I'm an ex logger and believe me I know what it means to put my life in the hands of others. I've found another line of work and I in courage others to do the same. The way things are going only the perfect will survive, and that's not many. A new generation will soon be in control of things and they will not be so ignorant. Your scared of pot but I bet you know how to polish of a fifth and not get drunk. That's the guy that scares the hell out of me on Monday morning in rush hour traffic. Not the guy that smoked a joint three weeks ago at a wedding. It's not your fault you watch government movies when you were young that told stories of kids getting stoned and killing there mother. Lies, lies ,lies. It was all to make you not try it. They outlawed weed back in the thirties so they could send Mexicans back to Mexico. During the depression no one had enough and no one wanted to share with a bunch of pot smoking Mexicans. I always say if you haven't been there and done that,shut up stupid. See ya on the road I'll be in a four wheeler,o I might have got stoned the night before, be scared. If one of you super truckers make a mistake I might take advantage of it. $$$
If you believe in being safe don't drink or drug, ever.

fireman932003 10-06-2006 07:57 PM

Re: Choice

Quote:

Originally Posted by terryj9351
I'm an ex logger and believe me I know what it means to put my life in the hands of others.

Let me tell you this, you have no idea what it is like to put your life in someone else's hands! If you did you would not make that remark. Arrogance and ignorance go hand in hand! What I see here is the denial that you screwed up and the gal to try and make your doing drugs ok by comparing it to Alcoholism and saying that your sin is not as bad as the other guys! Let me say this, I have seen the aftermath of both worlds in my 14 yrs in the fire and EMS service as a Paramedic and in my 6 yrs in the Military. You may think that Pot or any other drug is harmless, Well granted it is not as bad as some out there but it does kill and it does alter your way of reasoning. Case and point, look at how you are trying to justify your using it. But, if you want to keep on playing the victim here go right ahead. I will just drive my truck down the road while you cash your food stamps and wait in the unemployment line! BOL 2 U

terryj9351 10-07-2006 03:32 AM

Explain?

What I see here is the denial that you screwed up and the gal to try and make your doing drugs ok by comparing it to Alcoholism and saying that your sin is not as bad as the other guys!

What about a gal. I don't have gal. It takes more than gal to be a man.
Gal is for girls. I never said one is better than the other, I'd say they where at least equal. Others want to play it the other way because one is legal and the other is not. By who's law? I don't believe in half the laws those people have put in place.Runaway government! I do believe in the troops and the war, just in case you want to go there. My respect for the fire fighters and emt's. Been there done that. When was the last time you seen someone stoned kill in a car wreck? Just stoned on weed. When was the last time you seen a drunk kill. Ten years with search and rescue, I never seen the first without the second. By the way ,I have V.P. in my title. trucker,fireman,trucker bill. I haven't smoked weed in twenty years. I had a false positve and not the will or want to change it. I have other skills i can work for a few years to put this behind me. I feel sorry if anyone is in the same situation and can't get it right. I'm not scared of ptot it a choice thing. Not at work ,but I beleive you should do what you want off duty. Except crank, coke, acid, heroin, funny thing is there is more drivers doing these things because they don't stay with you for thirty days or longer. I always say,know what your talking about or shut up stupid.

yoopr 10-07-2006 04:01 AM

Gal is for girls. I never said one is better than the other

What in the World are you talking about?

tdriver1959 10-07-2006 03:33 PM

terryj9351 saysI haven't smoked weed in twenty years. I had a false positive and not the will or want to change it

If it was a true false positive you can ask for a retest I know i would if it was me

terryj9351 saysNot at work ,but I believe you should do what you want off duty

You may have the right to do what you want to do off duty but when you hold a CDL the rules change. You knew in advance of getting your CDL what the rules are and the drug testing that is being done. So now sympathy from me on this subject. My CDL means my lively hood and why put it in harms way. Everyone has to do what they feel is right. We had a driver feel the same way and the boss said to bad he didn't want to stop and felt that it was unfair. The industry has gone a long way to try and clean it self up.

terrylamar 10-07-2006 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoopr
Gal is for girls. I never said one is better than the other

What in the World are you talking about?

fireman932003 wrote: "What I see here is the denial that you screwed up and the gal to try and make your doing drugs ok by comparing it to Alcoholism and saying that your sin is not as bad as the other guys!"

He mispelled the word "gall" terrj took it to mean something else.

terryj9351 10-07-2006 11:49 PM

I knew what he meant, I just spelt it the same way.

Your right, When I read it, I thought he was saying a girl. I read
it again and he was saying I had the gall. I wrote it the same as he did to see if He knew what I was saying. Now we got that straightened out
I can move on. Nobody has to like what I've said ,I do have gall,two of them. I don't hold back. You all Know me ,if we haven't ran together I've passed you. I work on this machine now ,I like it but at the same time miss the road. I haven't killed my CDL. I'll drive again. I've turned down some jobs after I decided to stay home. I'll keep coming back so get right or get Left.

yoopr 10-08-2006 12:20 AM

Re: I knew what he meant, I just spelt it the same way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by terryj9351
Your right, When I read it, I thought he was saying a girl. I read
it again and he was saying I had the gall. I wrote it the same as he did to see if He knew what I was saying. Now we got that straightened out
I can move on. Nobody has to like what I've said ,I do have gall,two of them. I don't hold back. You all Know me ,if we haven't ran together I've passed you. I work on this machine now ,I like it but at the same time miss the road. I haven't killed my CDL. I'll drive again. I've turned down some jobs after I decided to stay home. I'll keep coming back so get right or get Left.

You all Know me ,if we haven't ran together I've passed you.

Right :roll:
And no we don't know you

terryj9351 10-08-2006 07:22 PM

The trucking industry lost agood driver;

I didn't loose a great job ,just one I enjoy. The industry lost a good driver
because of there back dated rules. A driver can drink a half case of beer and drive the next day and pretend he's safe looking through blood shot
eyes. Better yet he can go to a terminal in two days,get a random and no one knows. A driver goes to a event and smokes some weed and he's got a shadow over him for awhile until clean again. There's social drinkers and there's drunks. There's a occasional user of weed and a
habitual user. The problem is ,if your a drunk nobody knows until you
really mess up. That's the drunk test everyone goes by. When it comes to weed there is no test. It's all bad, but that is changing. It's a new generation and there are closet smokers everywhere. Judges ,doctors, lawyers even company executives. They are self medicated smokers,
most have a drinking problem, but they still want to unwind at the end of the day. Is a judge going to get in trouble if he smokes a little weed at
the end of the day? Are you going to call him a pot head? If you've ever smoked then you know what I'm talking about. If you've never, then you don't have an opp-ion on the subject. It's kinda like a doctor telling a mechanic how to fix a car. All you guys can do is be critical and close minded. Say little wise cracks,which I ignore. If you want to be open minded and not so critical . I take in what you have to say. Rules are rules, I know that. By telling a driver that don't like living without something to take the edge off at the end of a day,that he can't choose
a illegal drug ,he must stay legal. your telling a possible drunk to drink.
Think about it. Nobody answered my question earlier,not even the fireman. When was the last time you seen a stoner kill in a traffic accident? Without alcohol. When the last time you seen a drunk kill.
One every three minutes in this country. The laws will change it just a matter of time. If you don't know what your talking about ,you know what to do.

Myth_Buster 10-08-2006 08:19 PM

Hmmmm, now the rest of the story?

terryj9351

Quote:

According to the DOT regulations handbook.No employer ,lab or mro can release a driver test results for pre employment. There is a right to privacy. I had a false positive, I know this because I haven't touch THC in years. I think it had to do with Ibueprophen. I took several 800 mg tablets a day.
I tried to tell the MRO this and he said it wasn't possible. I will not take any for my next test and I'm sure it will be fine. If the failed test gets put on my DAC ,I will need a lawyer. I would not take a pre employment test knowing I was dirty. I guess some people do and that is what will bite me. Read about your rioght to privacy then let me know if you think it will be put on a DAC report.
Perhaps it was because you were too close to your fiends while they were smoking or you were smoking.

Quote:

The industry lost a good driver because of there back dated rules.
Outdated? I don?t think so, no driver under the influence of drugs or alcohol belongs on the road.

Quote:

A driver can drink a half case of beer and drive the next day and pretend he's safe looking through blood shot eyes.
No, check again:

Quote:

? 392.5 Alcohol prohibition.

(a) No driver shall?

(1) Use alcohol, as defined in ?382.107 of this subchapter, or be under the influence of alcohol, within 4 hours before going on duty or operating, or having physical control of, a commercial motor vehicle; or

(2) Use alcohol, be under the influence of alcohol, or have any measured alcohol concentration or detected presence of alcohol, while on duty, or operating, or in physical control of a commercial motor vehicle; or
Drivers have been placed OOS for 24 hours when the smell of alcohol was detected. Carriers have been prosecuted for using a driver on the dock after the driver blew .001 for a random alcohol test.

Quote:

Better yet he can go to a terminal in two days,get a random and no one knows.
Yes, alcohol is legal, while there are health issues there are no legal issues.

Quote:

A driver goes to a event and smokes some weed and he's got a shadow over him for awhile until clean again.
I can remember California decriminalizing marijuana from June 1973, less than 1 ounce is a citation with a $25 first offense, $50 second offense, and something more drastic for the third offense. The problem with that is the Feds never decriminalized marijuana so depending on where a person got caught with the marijuana it could be a ticket or jail.

Quote:

"Nichols' Fourth Law says, "Avoid any action with an unacceptable outcome"
Simple choice, don?t break the law.

Quote:

There's social drinkers and there's drunks. There's a occasional user of weed and a habitual user. The problem is ,if your a drunk nobody knows until you really mess up. That's the drunk test everyone goes by.
No, I can think of a complaint on a passenger carrier where it was reported a driver who had been drinking was on the bus (NOT driving.) A visit was paid to the carrier?s place of business and buses were inspected and drivers were interviewed. One driver showed up for work and blew less than .02. The driver was sent to the hospital for further testing.

Quote:

When it comes to weed there is no test.
Yes there is, you use and get caught, you loose.

Quote:

It's all bad, but that is changing. It's a new generation and there are closet smokers everywhere.
States are free to change their laws and decriminalize marijuana; however, until the federal rules are changed drivers will be prohibited from using drugs.

Be safe.

terryj9351 10-08-2006 11:37 PM

Nice work mythbuster

My question is how many people agree with the laws. How many think they are outdated to the point of being ignorant in the way they are
hypocritical. What you just said is that it's o.k. because it's alcohol ,IT just depends on how much and how long ago. Or it depends on a breath test, or company policy. I'm not crying about not being stoned or getting busted for getting that way. I stated it was a false positive. I'd take another test to prove it ,but I'd rather leave the trucking and do something else for a while. Maybe forever,however, It runs in my veins, Log trucks go back in my family at least 60 years. As I said the trucking isn't the greatest job, Remember to figure by the hour and how much of your life it consumes. Not a problem if you don't have a life. A person that don't have a life is a very dangerous person. No balance. You all just keep them between the lines and be cool on the stool. I'm not the enemy
I'm a temporary ex truck driver that has gave a helping hand to many out there. Like sliding tandems, moving freight in a wagon to help get a driver legal. I'm that guy, I was never in to big of hurry to help a fellow driver. The industry is the one missing out for awhile not the other way around.

jansiemoo 11-05-2006 08:29 AM

I entered Dac reports, and there is a separate report for pre-employment drug test failures. That company does them, but many do not. Also, they were up to a month behind on entering the info, so some drivers could possibly go hire on with another company without them finding out...

Fredog 11-05-2006 02:09 PM

if you are stupid enough to fail a drug test, then you are too stupid to drive a truck. just my opinion.

bjoe 01-15-2007 10:51 AM

found this

Revolving Door in Big Rig Drug Screening
Truck Drivers Who Fail Drug Tests Are Often Still Able to Get Behind The Wheel

New York, NY (PRWEB) August 27, 2005 -- The hazards associated with driving a 30-ton vehicle down the highway under the influence of drugs are obvious.

According to Terry M. Evans, CEO of Fleet Defender, LLC, in the present era truckers who are addicts are also ripe targets for corruption by terrorist operatives. They may use their truck or bus in an act of terrorism or simply hand over their CDL or the keys to their rig in exchange for money or drugs, or they may be blackmailed into cooperating.

When a truck driver fails to pass a drug test, many people assume that the driver's CDL license will be automatically suspended or revoked and he will no longer be a menace on the road, but that is all too often not the case. While the intent is to make this a career-ending experience, serious loopholes in the drug testing program mean the failing driver may continue on without missing a beat.

When hiring new drivers, companies rely on a clearinghouse such as DAC to provide information on past job experience, generally including reasons for termination such as failing a drug test. However, a prospective driver can attend a company orientation program, fail the drug screening and be dismissed, and this will never appear on his DAC report since at this point he was never actually hired. The failing driver can then go down the street and apply to the next trucking company without revealing his contact with the previous employer.

Furthermore, if such drug test failures do not show up in a DAC report, the information is generally lost, since failed drug testing is not reportable to DOT or a licensing office unless the result of contact with law or regulatory enforcement. And companies that do not use DAC will never see them anyway. However, DAC was never meant to be a verification tool for drug testing. It is simply a clearinghouse for driver job experience.

According to Mr. Evans, one solution to combat this would be a national CDL license, or at least a national CDL driver data bank. Failed drug testing by a driver with a CDL should be reported to some kind of governmental office having the ability to suspend the license and keep the driver off the road. For further information, please visit www.fleetdefender.com.

Posted by Industrial-Manufacturing at 11:57 PM | Comments

Useless 01-15-2007 05:42 PM

The more that I read this thread,, the more it sounds like our old friend "AllanVW" trying to make a comeback. Now, I'm sure that many of you remember old "AllenVW"; he was the guy who ran a hot piss test, tried to blame it on hemp oil that was in his salad, initiated a couple of petitions to end random drug testing, and then went on to give rather lengthy dissertations that sought to minimize the effects of weed.

It never ceases to amaze me, or for that matter, amuse me, when someone comes here whining about a failed drug test, wants plead that it was a false positive, and then goes on to try to argue about how pot isn't as dangerous a alcohol, and how arcane and archaic the rules are.

Look, I'm no sanctimonious tea-total-er. I've smoked my share of weed in my time, but I gave it up when I saw that it was closing doors of opportunity that I wanted to have open. When I began upgrading my pilot's license, guess what?? The FAA was beginning to require drug testing!!! What was I going to do??

Add to the mix, I came to see my stoner friends as being rather convenient in their friendship. When I had weed, I had friends; weed gone??... friends suddenly disappear. Score a lid?? The dude that sold it would be back three nights later, wanting to know if he "could get a little bit from me"

Sorry, but these losers have plumb smoked themselves flat-ass retarded!!

BTW, those of you who know me already know why I posted this in green!! 8)

bewildered 05-07-2013 07:30 PM

For what it's worth, I failed a pre employment drug test for cannabis back in '05. I checked my DAC report twice and it is not there. I have worked for several outfits since. Whether the company I failed the test for used DAC, I cannot say for sure, but I believe they did.

belpre122 05-10-2013 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bewildered (Post 525409)
For what it's worth, I failed a pre employment drug test for cannabis back in '05. I checked my DAC report twice and it is not there. I have worked for several outfits since. Whether the company I failed the test for used DAC, I cannot say for sure, but I believe they did.

Congrats! DAC has a time frame.......7 or 10 years, I think, regarding reporting of Drug/Alcohol issues.

You can go light up again! Woohoo!

mitchno1 05-10-2013 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terryj9351 (Post 189762)
I've heard it more than once, I prefer that my coworkers use nothing on the job. After work, I'd work around a guy that smokes pot anytime over a guy that drinks. I'm an ex logger and believe me I know what it means to put my life in the hands of others. I've found another line of work and I in courage others to do the same. The way things are going only the perfect will survive, and that's not many. A new generation will soon be in control of things and they will not be so ignorant. Your scared of pot but I bet you know how to polish of a fifth and not get drunk. That's the guy that scares the hell out of me on Monday morning in rush hour traffic. Not the guy that smoked a joint three weeks ago at a wedding. It's not your fault you watch government movies when you were young that told stories of kids getting stoned and killing there mother. Lies, lies ,lies. It was all to make you not try it. They outlawed weed back in the thirties so they could send Mexicans back to Mexico. During the depression no one had enough and no one wanted to share with a bunch of pot smoking Mexicans. I always say if you haven't been there and done that,shut up stupid. See ya on the road I'll be in a four wheeler,o I might have got stoned the night before, be scared. If one of you super truckers make a mistake I might take advantage of it. $$$
If you believe in being safe don't drink or drug, ever.

im a logger in New Zealand and the first people kicked off our jobs are drug smokers or the other worse drug users ,bit of alcholl is not so bad

golfhobo 05-15-2013 03:31 AM

Gee. I'm so happy now! lol

alt19guy 09-18-2013 04:00 PM

I found out the facts. Directly from the guy that tested my specimen. I failed my drug screen. I was told the only way out of it is to go to see a substance abuse counselor take a class and then after paying out approximately 400 dollars in 3 months time which can be done online you will be relieved of the liability. Not reporting this is on a federal level because if you do not disclose that you did fail a drug test then it can come back to haunt you this is not reported on your DAC report however the company that set you up for the pre employment drug screen has the responsibility to let the dotz know if they inquire which applications did in fact fail a drug screen and then it is possible that this can come back to haunt you. Other than that if you do not disclose this and you go to work for somebody else you are at risk of getting in deep doodoo. But if you are in a position like I am and you need to work because you smoked a little weed here and there on your own time good luck I am going to reapply at another company and deal with the consequences if they come up I think its just b******* just like everybody else does what you do on your own free time.

wtftrucks.com 09-18-2013 05:17 PM

I have more than 15 years in the industry on the recruiting side and unfortunately it's true. They haven't hired you, but it's the failure to pass the screening the reason they didn't hire you. Not fair as there are a lot of reason why you may have failed, but it will go on record.

Ron63 01-25-2014 07:33 AM

Not all companies subscribe to the DAC reporting service. These companies are small companys,nearly all the big boys do subscribe. A fail will stay on DAC for three years and will fall off after three years.

JJJ 06-24-2014 06:16 PM

What if one company says you failed your drug test and another company tells you that you passed. What can you do to get the 1st failed drug test off of your dac report? And what small companies that don't use dac report? Thanks for all and any advice. JJJ

JJJ 06-24-2014 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wtftrucks.com (Post 527111)
I have more than 15 years in the industry on the recruiting side and unfortunately it's true. They haven't hired you, but it's the failure to pass the screening the reason they didn't hire you. Not fair as there are a lot of reason why you may have failed, but it will go on record.

What if they company lied on you and put on your dac report that you failed your drug test and you have NEVER used drugs in your life except cigarettes. I'm an Veteran and I would never use drugs.

repete 06-25-2014 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJJ (Post 531040)
What if they company lied on you and put on your dac report that you failed your drug test and you have NEVER used drugs in your life except cigarettes. I'm an Veteran and I would never use drugs.

Lawsuit?? IIRC every test I took was a split sample, that protects everyone.

road trip 08-31-2014 06:44 PM

Say, what happens now with Colo/Wash now making pot legal? I know the Feds have their own rules, but, still, legal is legal - sort of.

Malaki86 08-31-2014 09:12 PM

I read a story addressing that. It's still illegal as far as the FMCSA goes. Period. You want to smoke legal weed, fine. You just won't be driving a truck.

13dart 09-18-2014 08:39 PM

Is there a way to get a positive bac on a random off your record. A friend of mine is having trouble getting hired and was told if gets it off his report they will hire him. He already did the dot sap program.

arstickney427 09-30-2014 10:30 PM

If you had a positive drug screen (false or otherwise) that was given under DOT regulations, you need to go through the return to work program. And yes, it is legal for an employer to disclose a positive UA on a pre-employment screen as it is a violation of federal regulation.

arstickney427 09-30-2014 10:34 PM

I am assuming that you are meaning that they need it off his DAC report... if it has been more than 3 years since it happened, the employer does not have to disclose it. Any earlier than that, they are legally required to report the positive.

bigwolfdragon 10-23-2014 10:26 PM

It does (I know it for fact)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpwelsh007 (Post 166721)
OK. here's the deal. i am having an argument with another guy on classadrivers about this subject.

if you fail a pre-employment drug test, it will not go on you dac report because you are not employed by that company, hence pre-employment. he says that it will be on the dac report. i say it will not be on the dac report.

which is true?

It goes on your dac and finding work will always be a problem...forever! I know, happen to me 2 1/2 years ago n no one will hire me still.

jOHNbO 11-09-2014 09:46 PM

I think when you agree to test it is a Legal DOT drug screen..They will know ...

diesel demon 02-01-2015 06:46 PM

As this was tough to put this out there,I was driving for a company OTR I had been clean and sober for 17 yrs.I was going out to Chicago and had a medical emergency taken by ambulance .I had a drug screen done and tested positive.I RECENTLY HAD RELAPSED APPARENTLY.I dont know much about DAC other than it is a truckers history.I was told that it is more of a database for OTR drivers.My question is I know most companies will not consider hiring me back for a minimum of 3 yrs but do local companies look at a DAC.Would appreciate any feedback THANKS AND STAY SAFE:cool:

chris1 02-01-2015 08:17 PM

What's the difference if they contact your past employer or use DAC? Failed drug test comes back either way.

Fozzy 02-02-2015 03:23 AM

If you fail a pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion or post accident drug or alcohol screen, you will need to complete an SAP program and even then no one is required no obliged (nor smart) to hire you.

Useless 02-05-2015 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diesel demon (Post 533428)
As this was tough to put this out there,I was driving for a company OTR I had been clean and sober for 17 yrs.I was going out to Chicago and had a medical emergency taken by ambulance .I had a drug screen done and tested positive.I RECENTLY HAD RELAPSED APPARENTLY.

What is that supposed to mean?? You relapsed APPARENTLY?? :p

sam123 06-05-2015 09:32 PM

I know its 2015 and this post is kind of old. But you are right , my friend failed a dot pre employment drug test. now he got a driving job nothing on MVR OR DAC Report. I hope this helped

GMAN 06-20-2015 11:19 AM

You can challenge a drug test and ask to be retested. A failure is serious in this business.

coolbreeze_ 06-04-2016 01:05 AM

A pre employment failure is not going on your DAC. If you read the DAC, it is for previous employers only. The regulations require you to do an SAP if you were an employee and failed. You could easily go to Canada and smoke legally and then come back and fail a pre employment. This doesn't mean you did anything wrong. The nutjobs on here that want to make you feel like a junky are just that -- nutjobs. Most of them smoke cigarettes, and cigarettes can interfere with the safe operation of a commercial vehicle just as much, if not more, than weed can. You can get a stroke or heart attack from smoking cigarettes. Maybe they should test for cigarettes too. Smoking weed can reduce the size of tumors and make you healthier. It can help improve your eyesight too. It can save children from dying of cancer. It can do many things that tobacco can't. You can get an undiagnosed cancer from cigarettes and then fall out dead and wreck. Maybe they should test for cigs! The kind of people that want you to live life according to their rules don't really have very many people in their life that can tolerate them. Who cares what they think anyway? They are just crusty old farts with an attitude and they will die just as miserably as they lived. You can be weed free for months and still fail a test. That doesn't mean you are less than a crusty old whiner that chain smokes and judges people based upon his small little opinions that aren't that important anyway. If you did get into a problem with DOT over a pre employment I'm sure it would be any easy case to win in court. They can make all the little arbitrary rules they want, but they have bigger fish to fry. You didn't kill anyone. Furthermore, a company is not going to want to be putting all their pre employment fails into a database anymore than you would want them there. They know info can and will eventually be used against them and they volunteer as little as possible for good reasons. They don't want to be perceived as a company that users flock to. You can forget about all the retards posting that pre employments go on DACs. They are just sad little people with no life and no happiness. They have no respect for the quality of information online. They just want to be the sad little people they are and make the world worse than it is. They want you to feel like a meth head or something when they are most likely the more miserable person when honestly and thoroughly compared. Driving while ****ed up is one thing and shouldn't be done. Doing what you want on your own time is an entirely different thing and should be encouraged in a free country. The miserable people on here that want to pass judgment are just ass clowns and shouldn't be taken very seriously. Whose life is it anyway? Do they pay your bills? Let them live in misery and don't take them serious. All that being said, there are 8 states that I know of that require the MRO to report all failures to them, and you will lose your CDL if you live in one of those states. Does the MRO know about this or not? Who knows for sure? I'm sure there could be an instance of an MRO sending this information to a state that doesn't require it too. Truth be known: There is a risk when you fail any DOT test. It isn't right by any means. Failing a test for weed doesn't make you a criminal, but it can hurt you just as badly. The test is flawed in my opinion. A coke head can be clean in 3 days and someone smoking some weed can take months to be clean. The coke head is probably more likely to steal something to support a habit. It's a ****ed up situation for sure. The hard truth is we live in a dynamic world with so many variables going on that nobody can really give a straight answer when there are none. If an MRO just decides to report all fails to all states then who can stop them? If a company gets upset because you told them to eat **** and then they said oh yeah well how about this horse **** on your DAC now then what could be done. People always want to assign a blame for everything by looking at the past with a microscope. It is easy to tell if someone is ****ed up at the present time: saliva swabs for drugs, blood tests for alcohol -- easy peasy. That isn't the total goal though. If you aren't ****ed up they want to go to the past with a microscope and talk **** to an elderly judge and convince him that you are **** so they can get some money. If they really wanted to know who the ****tier person was the lawyers should look in the mirror. There really is no right or wrong when it is all said and done. There is just what I can make you believe and how much can I get paid. Fair and just has never been the goal.

repete 06-11-2016 02:13 AM

"The test is flawed in my opinion" Your whole rant is opinion!