Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Rules and Regulations and DAC, Oh My (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/rules-regulations-dac-oh-my-16/)
-   -   Failed pre-employment drug screen (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/rules-regulations-dac-oh-my/18971-failed-pre-employment-drug-screen.html)

joesmoe 07-23-2006 04:44 PM

I just took a pre employment drug test/physical last week.

I was specificaly told over the phone that if I fail the drug test it will be reported

jiptwoo 07-23-2006 11:19 PM

No matter what you think, all; I said all companies report to dac that a person has failed a pre-employment drug screen. So If you failed a drug test , I 100% gurantee it will be on your dac report and there is nothing you can do about it. Believe what you want, but go fail a test and you'll see your opinion ain't sh--.

Useless 07-24-2006 02:38 AM

One way to find out for certain is to smoke some weed, report to a company for orientation, take the drug test, fail it, then see what happens!!
:P

Windwalker 07-24-2006 03:32 AM

Once you are told to go for your pre-employment drug screening, you ARE CONDITIONALLY HIRED by the company. Things that they are not permitted to ask you on your original application CAN be covered once they accept your application. And, they most certainly CAN put it on your DAC.

mpwelsh007 07-25-2006 08:46 PM

ok.. i know all situations are different, but this is one. a friend of mine has failed the pre-employment drug test for a company within the last month. he ordered his DAC/USIS and the drug test nor anything from the company is reported. so, yes maybe if you fail the pre-employment drug test for company X it will be reported, but if you fail it for company Y it won't be. he is very lucky that it was not reported. IMHO i agree with the majority who have posted here. stay the hell away from drugs if you're going to be a DRIVER. there is no room for drugs in the industry. thanks for all the posts guys!

toner 07-25-2006 09:54 PM

i work doing verifications for a trucking company and so i can say for certain, if someone fails a pre-employment drug screen and that company reports employment information to dac, it will show up. also a 'refuse to submit' is registered as a positive.

easiest way to avoid all this? :idea: don't do any drugs! i agree with the above poster, it's not rocket science. :idea:

orevgym 07-26-2006 07:19 PM

Benzo's

When there is a drug test, does the tester/company test for bezodiazapines like xanax and prsom?

Windwalker 07-26-2006 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpwelsh007
ok.. i know all situations are different, but this is one. a friend of mine has failed the pre-employment drug test for a company within the last month. he ordered his DAC/USIS and the drug test nor anything from the company is reported. so, yes maybe if you fail the pre-employment drug test for company X it will be reported, but if you fail it for company Y it won't be. he is very lucky that it was not reported. IMHO i agree with the majority who have posted here. stay the hell away from drugs if you're going to be a DRIVER. there is no room for drugs in the industry. thanks for all the posts guys!

I'll give you two possibilities. One, it didn't get entered yet. Two, the company does not deal with DAC and will not report it.

Fact remains, when you are told to report to a pre-employment drug screening, you have been "conditionally hired".

slamcat 08-07-2006 08:44 PM

Quote:

i work doing verifications for a trucking company and so i can say for certain, if someone fails a pre-employment drug screen and that company reports employment information to dac, it will show up. also a 'refuse to submit' is registered as a positive.

easiest way to avoid all this? :idea: don't do any drugs! i agree with the above poster, it's not rocket science. :idea:
It will only show up if the company in which the candidate failed the pre-screen submitted that fact to DAC (which they are bound to by regulations). So, as long as the company is practicing its due diligence, it does show up on the report.

terryj9351 09-30-2006 06:04 AM

What about your right to privacy?

According to the DOT regulations handbook.No employer ,lab or mro can release a driver test results for pre employment. There is a right to privacy. I had a false positive, I know this because I haven't touch THC in years. I think it had to do with Ibueprophen. I took several 800 mg tablets a day.
I tried to tell the MRO this and he said it wasn't possible. I will not take any for my next test and I'm sure it will be fine. If the failed test gets put on my DAC ,I will need a lawyer. I would not take a pre employment test knowing I was dirty. I guess some people do and that is what will bite me. Read about your rioght to privacy then let me know if you think it will be put on a DAC report.