User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2009, 02:17 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default hateful safety manager

a past company tried to put that i stole fuel off the fuel card on my dac.after challenging this accusation thru the dac appeals process they were forced to remove this accusation.but instead a hateful safety manager has put "request personal contact" on my dac.now when future trucking companies call for job verification he is telling them that i stole fuel over the phone.I have tried to call ,sent e-mails,and tried to go up there to get any info on this problem but have gotten no response.is this legal what this safety manager is doing he seems like he is taking this personal and out to deny me a chance to work for the rest of his life please if anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated
Old 08-27-2009, 02:30 PM
Board Icon

No, that does not sound legal. What proof do you have that this person is actually doing this?
Old 08-27-2009, 02:44 PM
Rookie

I have tried to get on with other companies and they have told me that is the reason why i cant get on i also have went to two different orientaions within the last two weeks went thru the the whole hiring process and then was told at the last minute by the safety manager in his office this is why i cant be hired they talked to him over the phone gave his name and title
Old 08-27-2009, 03:39 PM
Board Icon

I'd suggest you get a written statement from the places that didn't hire you as to the reason why, then take this to a lawyer. Somehow, I find it hard to believe that a company would base their hiring decisions on slander.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:52 PM
Senior Board Member

DAC has no code number for "stolen fuel". Code 961 is for un-authorized use of company funds. That can cover a wide range.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:05 PM
Rookie

thanks you are right.that is what was stated on my dac at first.i challenged that and they changed it to terminated "request personal contact"
Old 08-27-2009, 04:15 PM
Rookie

I know it sounds ridiculous but this is the only reason why companies arent letting me on.i have been driving for 5 years no tickets no accidents and a decent work history.even the recruiter pulled me over to the side and told me what this safety manager is doing is vindictive and that is the only thing that is keeping me from getting on with a reputable company.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:40 PM
Senior Board Member

Usually there are two sides to any story. Is there something that you're leaving out? (not trying to beat up on you)For someone to continue there must be a fair amount of animosity between yourself and him.
Unless someone is willing to back up the allegations in court, there is not alot that can be done. If you feel you're 100% in the right bring it up and explain you side before the prospective employer does.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:13 PM
Rookie

i understand you questioning this problem.but i promise this is the whole story i did not curse him out when i left or do anything stupid.even if i would have said something,i feel that this would still be wrong.as far as telling my side to prospective employers,the recruiter did ask me what happened before they sent me to orientations and i told the truth and they still sent me to orientations.i have been to two orientations within the last two week and passed with flying colors i was even given my driver id and truck number both times at the last minute the safety manager called me in the office and told me what happened.after i told him and said i explained the problem even before i got the bus ticket to get here his response was well sometimes we dont get info till the employee gets here.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:02 PM
Senior Board Member

I would first try and call the company and talk with this person to see why he is doing this. If that dosn't work tell him you are getting statements from companies you are being turned down by and are suing him for defamination of character and lost wages if he does it again. Then go over his head to the Vice-President or President of the company and complain or to the Personnel Department. I might try Personnel first. You might also try EEOC or the states employment commision to straighten this man out. All else fails then get a lawyer and go after him. If he took it off your DAC after you complained then that admits that he has no proof of what he is telling other people. Seems cut and dried for me.