User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2008, 06:15 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default How Dum am I?

Small amount of advice please. Here is what happen. Local Calif rules apply 12 hours driving and 4 hours working 16 hour day new law as of 01/01/2008

Accident report for incident on 01/04/2008 at 1247 Martin Luther King Blvd. Merced California 95340

Time 15:30 Conditions Overcast Heavy Rains

Description Driver exited off Highway 99 north bound turning West onto Martin Luther King as I approached U-Haul I was Looking for the entrance I located it on the west side of the lot.

I approached it I saw that there was a California highway patrol that made a stop in the entrance driveway. I made a stop on MLK to see if he would move. He did move his vehicle farther into the driveway so I could make the turn onto 12th street.

I waited about 10 minutes then proceeded to the east side of the building on 13th street were I saw the exit 2. I looked at the driveway and it was very large and would have no trouble getting in. Once I started in, it looked like I would clear the gate. The rain was so heavy that I could not see very well out of my mirrors even with mirrors heaters on. It looked like I was clearing the fence and then I felt a tug. I put the brakes on then went out to look I did run into the gate and was upset… I called in right away made a report and explained what had taken place.

There was one employee standing there watching me, He at no time gave me any type of warning that I had or was going to hit the gate he just watched. ( It is no excuse on my part just a comment) When I asked that employee to stop traffic so I could back up he said it was against the law and walked off. The Manager Vince Did stop the traffic so I could back out and pull through with out doing more damage.

I have no one to blame but myself all though there were many contributing factors involved.

I was running low on Hours Very severe weather conditions CHP blocking entrance The driveway exit is twice the size of the gated off area Very heavy traffic.

All contributed to the incident. In High insight I should have waited till entrance was clear more over I should have got out of the truck and looked at the gate and trailer as I started the turn.

Effected area of the Gate the exit rolling gate and 1st post knocked down 2nd post bent… Smashed wheels on rolling gate fence itself is not damaged.

I wrote this report after the fact and looking at my chicken scratch.

88 days with company policy anything happens in 1st 90 days they let you go.

I talked to other compaines and have had no luck. I am guessing time to buy a truck as much as i hate thinking about that.. Any real wisdom is apperciated. Big Dog Kick
Old 01-26-2008, 03:41 PM

Wow no comments.. :wink:
Old 01-26-2008, 03:45 PM

I have had 30 offers in the last 2 days.. Told them all the whole truth all except one had no problem with it. Now trying to pick a good company might be hard.. :twisted: :wink: :wink:
Old 01-26-2008, 03:49 PM
Senior Board Member

Even though your at fault, the weather conditions were not the best and from what I read it was just an honest mistake!
Old 01-26-2008, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double L
Even though your at fault, the weather conditions were not the best and from what I read it was just an honest mistake!
Yes and not scared to admit fault here. :twisted:
Old 01-26-2008, 05:27 PM
Senior Board Member

I wish more people we're not scared to admit when they are wrong! I do it all the time when I know I'm wrong. If more men we're to admit they were wrong to their wives just think how much better their marriage would be! :lol: I'm kidding guys, don't bash me for what I said. :lol: