User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2007, 03:16 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Inside dimensions in a bull rack

I used to pull one of these things, and don't recall the livestock being cramped or crowded. Especially horses for this question - ---- now with all this business in the news as to how in humane it is to stick horses in a bull rack.
I am talking about the kind that has 4 compartments....
with the lower deck being pretty close to the ground, if you can picture this.
Now my question is this. Can anyone give me the inside height dimensions (head room) in one of these types racks? Need to settle the bunny huggers fears that we are in humane when we put horses in these things.
Not drafts but your regular quarter horse...............
Anyone?
Old 11-13-2007, 04:54 AM
Board Regular

the in side height of the middle of a bull rack depends on the drop, that is how close to the ground the belly is, in my double drop the bottom compartment is lower then the top, because of the cross members that hold the second floor, mine is 68 ins to the cross members. The top rail is a full 72 to the roof, to haul horses up here in Canada, the racks have the decks removed front and back, it is the back that cramps a horse because it is only 58 ins, so with the front and the back decks out, you would put your biggest horses in the front and the back, the smallest in bottom of the middle and the medium ones on top, the problem with horses is that they can not hold there heads up when they stand in the middle of the trailer, they need to have there head up for good balance, you must start and stop very gently because with there head down they have a hard time to keep there balance, you must stop regularly to let them pee they can not pee in a moving trailer. hope this helps by the way I hate hauling horses they kick to dam hard and can kill you.

if you aim at nothing that is just what you will hit
Old 12-15-2007, 02:53 AM

Never expected to find any bullhaulers in here. Its pretty nice to see yall. When do you have time for the internet?