User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2007, 11:05 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Radio Ray

Just say if i want to use the 10 meter and go get a license how would i go about doing that?????

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 11-06-2007, 11:38 PM
Default Amateur license

Actually, it is simpler than you think! First thing, visit www.qrz.com and then www.arrl.org. Here you will find links and reference materials with which to study for the license. Your first license is the Technician which allows you to use the following bands (the most prevelent ones)
10 Meters: 28.000 thru 28.300 using MORSE CODE (you are still allowed to learn it on your own if you like! ) Voice modes cannot be used there.

28.300 to 28.500 UPPER Sideband. no other privileges with this license.

2 Meters: 144.000- 148.000: Mainly FM, but other modes are used according to certain agreements, such as CW, digital, SSB.

70 Cm: 440.000-449.000--basically the same modes and rules as above.

The 10 Meter band is a fun band and will give up some great DX in the upcoming cycle.

Some general advice: LISTEN before transmitting. Learn the protocols of hams. Avoid the lingo and slang of CB. Many hams will take offense to it. IOW, remember the old adage, "When in Rome, do as the Romans do!" Comform to THEM, don't try to force them to conform to CB. After all, the Amateur service is the father of all radio anyway. Use the same language you would use on the telephone. Be profofessional! You will do FINE! Good LUCK! YOu won't regret the ticket! It will give you thousands of hours of company on the road and at home.

RR
Old 11-06-2007, 11:43 PM
Senior Board Member

can i take this online??
How much $$$$ is it???
If i can take it online can you take it for me and i will just give you my info.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 11-07-2007, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackman
can i take this online??
How much $$$$ is it???
If i can take it online can you take it for me and i will just give you my info.
NO!!!! That's NOT funny. :evil: MY license MEANS something to me since I EARNED it with a lot more than is required now. I wouldn't do that AND there are PENALTIES for doing such a thing. It's been tried before. You CANNOT take the exams online!!!! :evil:

Sir, I don't your exact intent with this, but I don't consider such a proposal in the least amusing. The concept of handing out licenses like candy are anthema to me and an insult to every honest amateur operator that ever HONESTLY took the time, studied the material, and TOOK the tests for the privileges offered. It is called I N T E G R I T Y, sir, and it is obvious that you, with your flippant suggestions of dishonesty, possess neither the true desire NOR the qualifications to become an amateur radio operator. OR you consider Amateur Radio to be a big joke! It is such people that amateurs DON'T want and FEAR having within our ranks! It is EXACTLY why many of us didn't WANT the rules and tests relaxed so people with no scruples could drag the service down to the level of 11 Meters! :evil: Often, CB operators complain that hams "look down" on CBers, and just can't seem to understand it!!!! Well, LOOK at your OWN post suggesting dishonesty and getting someone to take the test for you. I wouldn't do that if hell froze over!!! THERE'S your answer! There's the reason we disdain those who have no desire to LEARN anything, they only want something for NOTHING! GIVEN away!That is NOT the basis and purpose of Amateur Radio which has earned the respect of both the civilian population AND the authorities with its professionalism and willingness to respond in time of need!

I tried to help you by answering your questions as best I could. I find your reply to be DISGUSTING! Expect NO further help from me!

RR
Old 11-07-2007, 01:54 AM

If I have gone off to quick or misunderstood, I am sorry, but this is really something that torques me! Surely, ALL serious radio amateurs who possess the desire to conduct themselves according to the rules, and are willing to put forth a small amount of effort are welcome. But the suggestions of impropriety are more than I can take. If I misunderstood, I am sorry. There is just too much flippance and lack of seriousness that can set me off! I don't consider the idea of cheating on an exam to be funny!

RR
Old 11-07-2007, 03:06 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

no,just go off on them thar other channels and piss ray off.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:28 PM
Board Icon

Cool. Thanks Ray. Now, I know how to get my license when I get that big ole Connex in my truck. :P

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 11-07-2007, 04:35 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
can i take this online??
How much $$$$ is it???
ROTFLMAO! I'm sorry, but in light of everything that has happened in the past, that was just too damn funny.

Hook, line, and sinker! :lol:

Old 11-07-2007, 10:15 PM
Senior Board Member

I was for real. I just wanted to know on how to go about geting a license if i wanted to. RR i was jokin about the part with you takin the test for me I know how you are and it would never happoen. LOL lighten up. :wink:

Closed Thread