Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   What is the break even point for an owner operator? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/35390-what-break-even-point-owner-operator.html)

Rev.Vassago 09-07-2008 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BanditsCousin

Picking routes that make the most sense- (I had a discussion w/ Mr Booth about Vegas to the east. I always run 15 to 80, not 70. Hills = fuel...)

BUT....BUT......BUT.......70 isn't as pretty of a drive!!!!! You gotta think like a Hobby Trucker!

Rev.Vassago 09-07-2008 08:00 AM

Quote:

I guess we mirroed our deadhead, except I was coming off hometime going to Denver for my load :wink:

Yeah, I deadheaded home from Denver a couple of times, usually because I had been out too long and they never seemed to have anything going to the Midwest, the bastards.

BanditsCousin 09-07-2008 08:08 AM

Well, I threw in the "1000 mile deadhead" to also tie into the OP's question. Denver to Cali pays 2.50/mi. I deadhead 7 miles to my agent, and get a load payeing....well...let's just say the FSC is $3000 for Cali to Boston. It's all about the big picture.

BigDiesel 09-07-2008 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double L

Do you honestly think I care? I wouldn't have posted my numbers if they were some super-secret thing. I think Steve's just been drinking too much, and thinks he's one-upped me. Hell - if he would have just asked me to post them, I would have. I have nothing to hide. If I did, I wouldn't have done that 20 Q thread.

[quote =" LL']I don't know if you care or not, you tell me! Honestly I'm not gonna take sides but what is wrong with posting your numbers? There just numbers and everyone is gonna have different numbers cause each driver runs different not two drivers run alike. If they do they may have slightly different numbers. I don't see what the big deal is honestly![/quote]

an 18 y/o who does not have a cdl chimes in..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BigDiesel 09-07-2008 10:12 AM

Steve/Not Steve would not know a real cpm or cpa if it bit him in the assss.............................................

NotSteve 09-07-2008 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Me either. I think Steve is just being a douche.

:lol: I want that to be my title.

NotSteve 09-07-2008 11:24 AM

Quote:

since I doubt my numbers are all that different than anyone else's.

Finally he admits we are all doing the same! This is a great day for us Hobby Truckers and sons helping their dads.

And the peasants rejoiced.

NotSteve 09-07-2008 11:37 AM

Quote:

I learned how to cut corners here and there to bring my operation over the past years. Little things like KEEPING MY SPEED DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h.../banditgps.jpg

charged 09-07-2008 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rank
a buck twenty nine huh?
Let me ask, if I may, how many mpg's your dad's truck gets?

It has been posted, but since you're too lazy to read he is averaging 6 mpg.

charged 09-07-2008 12:04 PM

Quote:

I am curious though - what exactly is the huge revelation that you think you've garnered from me posting my numbers? Frankly, I don't really see the significance, since I doubt my numbers are all that different than anyone else's.

Your numbers are lowered than the $1.29 we calculated. It just goes to show that pretty much anything over that amount is what you make minus taxes.

Now when people say my dad is going out of business I'll just point to Rev's numbers and tell them my fathers costs are approximately the same as rev's and that my father is making about $0.50/mi over his costs. Then I'll ask them to explain how that is going out of business.