Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   What is the break even point for an owner operator? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/35390-what-break-even-point-owner-operator.html)

HWD 09-06-2008 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charged
All of those situations allow some drivers to work for less and drive down rates because they're capitalist pigs.

That's the stupidest thing I have read on this forum so far. Ever turn the TV off and read any grade-school level books? If you did, you would understand that, for a driver to be a "capitalist pig", he would have to be hell bent on making more money, not working for less ...duh.

Ignorance is expensive...and it's going to cost you big time.

Carry on Comrade.

GMAN 09-07-2008 12:53 AM

We have actually broken down some basic operating expenses a couple of times. I don't recall the thread, but you should be able to do a search and find it.

rank 09-07-2008 02:16 AM

a buck twenty nine huh?
Let me ask, if I may, how many mpg's your dad's truck gets?

NotSteve 09-07-2008 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rank
a buck twenty nine huh?

Why don't you ask Rev, he's close to $1.29 also without the salary but I guess you didn't read his numbers.

This sounds a little one sided!!!

Rev.Vassago 09-07-2008 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotSteve
Quote:

a buck twenty nine huh?

Why don't you ask Rev, he's close to $1.29 also without the salary but I guess you didn't read his numbers.

:lol: Getting your undies in a bunch over your new protege?

NotSteve 09-07-2008 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Quote:

Quote:

a buck twenty nine huh?

:lol: Getting your undies in a bunch over your new protege?

Everyone knows I'm for the underdog and have always been a firm believer that everyone should be helping instead of telling newbies to go home, go away BOY and you don't know how to run a business.

You've already stuck your foot in your mouth with just the information you posted yesterday.

Rev.Vassago 09-07-2008 06:36 AM

Quote:

Everyone knows I'm for the underdog

Uh huh. Riiiight.

Quote:

and have always been a firm believer that everyone should be helping
Yeah, except for when people offer to help you and you act like an asshole to them.

Quote:

instead of telling newbies to go home, go away BOY and you don't know how to run a business.
Well, if it looks like a goose, and smells like a goose, then it probably is a goose.

Quote:

You've already stuck your foot in your mouth with just the information you posted yesterday.
Oh really? Why don't you explain how? :roll:

NotSteve 09-07-2008 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago

Quote:

Oh really? Why don't you explain how? :roll:

I don't have too. Anyone with half a brain has already figured it out and then some from the emails I've received.

I guess the cards are on the table and now we know all the facts and each one of us can come to our own conclusion.

Now I'm sure this thread will wind down in the usual fashion with the name calling and then the inevitable shutdown.

Thanks for posting your numbers Rev!!! :D

Rev.Vassago 09-07-2008 07:10 AM

Quote:

Thanks for posting your numbers Rev!!! :D

Sh*t - I posted my real expense numbers years ago, both on this message board, and on other ones. There was nothing spectacular in me posting them here - I just didn't want to take the time to convert them all to per mile, since I don't calculate that way. :roll:

You could have saved a ton of bandwidth by just asking for them in the first place, instead of making yourself look like an idiot with no business sense. But hey - you deal the cards you're played. :wink:

NotSteve 09-07-2008 07:12 AM

I can see clearly now the rain is gone. :lol: