Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   From desk to own authority part 3 (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/30303-desk-own-authority-part-3-a.html)

rank 11-20-2007 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveBooth
....off to Kansas

Where in Kansas, Toto? Anywhere near Haven?
BTW, I asked you a question a few pages back but it got lost in the shuffle. The farm equipment that you pulled out of OR......was is Hesston?

11-20-2007 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOAD IT

Steve this doesnt mean the rate went up because you haul direct now. You dont know what the broker was getting. In todays climate if the rate did go up it was to offset fuel. Based on where you live, it's great to get a headhaul rate leaving New England because you get GREAT rates to go home. You dont take backhaul rates to go home do you? If you do, shame on you.

The rate went up much more than the fuel did. They postponed this load 1 week so I could take it. It's a big customer of theirs and I found out yesterday that a few of their customers have commented on me in a positive way.

After he told me that he gave me a $6.00 tip to buy a coffee. I started freaking out saying all the things I was going to buy with it. He snatched it back. Everyone was cracking up.

11-20-2007 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rank
Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveBooth
....off to Kansas

Where in Kansas, Toto? Anywhere near Haven?
BTW, I asked you a question a few pages back but it got lost in the shuffle. The farm equipment that you pulled out of OR......was is Hesston?

Winfield Kansas. Looks like a good freight area to get out of too!!

The farm equipment went to Clackamas Oregon to a real farm with an unloading ramp built out of dirt, straw and cow crap!!!

rank 11-20-2007 12:04 PM

I thought that shipment originated out of OR? Reason I ask is because the Hesston brand of equipment ships from there. Just thought it may have been Hesston equipment.

rank 11-20-2007 12:09 PM

OK so you'll deliver in Winfield approx mid week then?. Give me a little notice and I'll make some calls if you want.

Got your PARS and PAPS stickers in the mail yet?

11-20-2007 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rank
OK so you'll deliver in Winfield approx mid week then?. Give me a little notice and I'll make some calls if you want.

Got your PARS and PAPS stickers in the mail yet?

I will be delivering first thing Tuesday morning so I should be able to pick up something the same day although that doesn't always go as planned. If you can find a load that would be great. You did good the last time and got paid quick.

I didn't get my stickers yet so I sent an email to my contact up there. He misplaced my form by mistake but found it and should be getting my carrier code today or tomorrow then I can order my PARS and PAPS stickers. I still need to go get my registration modified for Canada. I don't think that will happen until I come home the next time. My stickers should be in by the time I get back though.

sidman82 11-20-2007 06:28 PM

Hey Steve, (off subject) I remember you said you had Optima batteries. How have they held up?, and which one's did you get? Yellow or Red. I am buying new batteries this week and I figured I would ask. I want batteries that will start up truck in cold ass Northeast weather. I would normally just go to Truck parts and buy regular truck batteries, but I remember you saying you really liked the Optima's. Also, how much did you pay?

11-20-2007 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidman82
Hey Steve, (off subject) I remember you said you had Optima batteries. How have they held up?, and which one's did you get? Yellow or Red. I am buying new batteries this week and I figured I would ask. I want batteries that will start up truck in cold ass Northeast weather. I would normally just go to Truck parts and buy regular truck batteries, but I remember you saying you really liked the Optima's. Also, how much did you pay?

Not off subject, I just like to ramble on in one place.

I bought 4 yellow tops and they have been excellent so far. I paid $199 a piece and that included shipping. I ordered them online but don't remember where.

Now that I have an APU that monitors battery condition I don't think I would buy them again. I think 4 batteries from Walmart would be fine and only cost the price of one Optima.

sidman82 11-20-2007 06:57 PM

Thanks. I would only be getting 3. I see them for $159 to $169 for the 800 CCA one's with free shiping. I really want 1000 CCA or better. I'll have to sleep on it. Not to long, as the weather is getting colder by the day. I can hear the truck saying please give me new batteries.

merrick4 11-20-2007 06:57 PM

Hey Steve, looking back in the last year, and by the way congratulations on making it, do you see, or have you learned any patterns to the freight?

I know it might be different on a flat bed than on reefer. As Sonny always says it's the same shippers over and over in reefer. But to untrained eyes it's just a bunch of trucks all over the place but I think there has to be some order to all of this.

Are there areas that you will now not go to? I know your hands, like me too, are full just learning how to run a truck but what have you learned, if anything, on the industry? Maybe even with 1 year it's too soon to be answering questions such as this.