Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   Monthly Fuel Cost (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/29907-monthly-fuel-cost.html)

Chris M 09-27-2007 01:29 PM

Monthly Fuel Cost

Is it safe to say as an O/O that you can figure a $5900 fuel bill if you drive 10000 miles? I figure that on 2500 miles/week using 5 mpg @ 2.95/gallon for fuel. Are my figures correct?

usedup 09-27-2007 04:10 PM

Right on!.....

Chris M 09-27-2007 04:35 PM

:cry: There just isn't any good way to make decent money in this game is there? I guess you could add back in FSC but how much or the 5900 does that come too?

CJSamples 09-27-2007 04:39 PM

Wow another Georgia trucker. Are you all set up to run? Truck , trailer , etc? I have to turn down some Georgia based loads every so often and it might be good to give them to someone on the site. I don't post enough to PM you so maybe we can exchange information.

Chris

Bigmon 09-27-2007 04:48 PM

Your gross income should be 15-20 k for the month is you're getting good rates and paid extra for tarping, etc. If you got .25 for FSC that's another $2500.

mikeymike 09-27-2007 05:13 PM

Hey CJ Douglas Co. Ga. based here and getting setup with authority. What kind of loads are you turning down and are they decent paying loads? Looking for reefer/van loads.

Chris M 09-27-2007 06:32 PM

I currently don't drive. I am trying to gather my facts before I try the O/O thing. Fuel is the big issue for me right now. I'm just not sure on low rates and 6k fuel bills per month how anyone makes money. It seems the trucking industry has put an earning cap on drivers. I don't think that's too fair for someone willing to work hard. Oh well.

Mandilon 09-27-2007 07:35 PM

Hey Chris M,

Quote:

I currently don't drive. I am trying to gather my facts before I try the O/O thing. Fuel is the big issue for me right now. I'm just not sure on low rates and 6k fuel bills per month how anyone makes money. It seems the trucking industry has put an earning cap on drivers. I don't think that's too fair for someone willing to work hard. Oh well.
The higher the fuel prices the BETTER we'll fare! Hoping fuel will be $3.50 to $3.75 per gallon by the time we join the ranks (6 to 12 months).

Diesel fuel will B $10 per gallon within 10 years! Single vehicle carriers and micro fleets (5 to 25 units) that don't team up/align themselves with others will fare worse than in todays environment!

PM me when you're ready for your authority/BOC-3, insurance, etc. and I'll do it for you for pennies-on-the-dollar (plus fed's fees of course)!

We're planning on running dedicated I-10 coast to coast (CA to FL, GA, SC, and NC).

THX all!

Chris M 09-27-2007 07:45 PM

I can't PM. Not enough posts apparently. I'm not really sure about how all of this works.

BigDiesel 09-27-2007 08:19 PM

This must be an advertising thread.... :roll: