Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   Bandit & The Bobtail... (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/23534-bandit-bobtail.html)

yoopr 01-05-2007 04:32 AM

"Old Danny's"?? where is that-I've been going to Ontario since the late 70's and have no clue where that is.

Teal 95 KW 01-05-2007 04:47 AM

Ontario? We're talking about in Pheonix, not in Cali. right? There's an "old" Danny's, or something further up the highway, about 2 miles...rigth next door to the KW dealership.

yoopr 01-05-2007 04:59 AM

I meant Phoenix
So the Old Danny's is East of the new one?
Must not have been far from Dumpy Pilot then.
YOu must be a Wealthy Truck driver then-I couldn't afford to stay at Danny's lol

Teal 95 KW 01-05-2007 05:17 AM

Well, the secured parking lot, and covered parking lot with lights was pretty nice. The only downside to the place, was the security guard told me I could park, and then the next morning the other guard came and ran me off....said I was in the way so I had to park over in the "janky" part.

tweety bird 01-05-2007 07:06 PM

They are opening another Dannys west of there (with no parking except for polishing) over by the new Pilot at 99th Ave (where 101 comes in).

yoopr 01-05-2007 07:20 PM

the rumor was always that a big truck stop would be built west of Phoenix but I guess it won't be in my life-time. If there is ever a need for More parking it would be in Phoenix. Go to the Flyin J you end up going in circles for a hour or more waiting for someone to pull out :P

Danny's is a pretty amazing place with their stuff-I just got my truck washed there and drank their coffee and never bought much.

Sure was a God Send when they made the 101

Teal 95 KW 01-05-2007 09:21 PM

I actually stayed at the Flying J around Super Bowl time last year. It was incredible b/c bobtails were actually parked up on the dirt islands etc...I was in tehre eating dinner and they kept calling over the intercom for people to move their trucks or they would be towed...and they had tow trucks in the parking lot.

yoopr 01-05-2007 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teal 95 KW
I actually stayed at the Flying J around Super Bowl time last year. It was incredible b/c bobtails were actually parked up on the dirt islands etc...I was in tehre eating dinner and they kept calling over the intercom for people to move their trucks or they would be towed...and they had tow trucks in the parking lot.

I always heard them over the intercom telling people they had a few minutes for them to move their trucks but never saw one towed. Be nice if they did though.

Teal 95 KW 01-05-2007 10:12 PM

It's getting anymore where I can't stand truckstops. The worst ones out there, I've experienced are the Flying J in the SeaTac area in Washington, The J in Emporia Kansas, and over in Dallas, Tx. as well. Anymore, I try to swing through the TS and do what I need to do, and then stop in a rest area for the night.

BanditsCousin 01-06-2007 07:51 AM

Holy Hijack :)

Anyways, i was referring to the Danny's across from the J at the 137. :lol:

I just got home about an hour ago at Midway airport. Off on a cruise in a few days then time to go back on the road :wink: