Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   Bandit & The Bobtail... (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/23534-bandit-bobtail.html)

BanditsCousin 01-03-2007 08:51 PM

Bandit & The Bobtail...

...sounds like a Disney movie, huh?

Anyways, I'm at Danny's in AZ...I'm on a bobtail trip from Chicago to LA and flying home (driving a truck there for a UVL driver). Shut down in Amarillo, deliveries in NM, AZ, and CA...the list goes on as I follow this driver to Cali.

I think I'm setting a bobtail record, with over 2000 miles already!

RostyC 01-03-2007 09:30 PM

Why don't you be nice and pull someone elses' trailer for a while? Sheesh some people are so rude :lol: :lol:

GMAN 01-04-2007 09:53 AM

You must have gotten really great fuel mileage!! I haven't found anyone who is willing to pay me to bobtail. For some reason they feel that I should haul something for them before they pay. Go figure. :wink: :P By the way, which Danny's are you at? There are two in Phoenix. There is one across from the Flying J and another about 1 or 2 exits East where the old Pilot used to be. That is the old Danny's, but is owned by the same people.

Teal 95 KW 01-04-2007 10:37 PM

That Danny's across from the Flying J is like heaven, lol. I got there early in the afternoon in March, and got my truck washed there, backed into a covered spot on thier main lot, whipped out my folding chair and relaxed...DEFINITELY a nice place, dig the hell outta it! lol

yoopr 01-05-2007 01:09 AM

Love Danny's-Did you buy some Chrome? :P
One of the Best truck washes in the Country.

Teal 95 KW 01-05-2007 02:47 AM

I bought a couple of items there, also ran up to the KW dealer there, and had to buy a new striker kit for my door...changed it in their parking lot in like 5 minutes. There was quite a few bedbuggers there at the time I was there, as well as our very own JRoqueman...sitting out on a lawnchair with his wife infront of their truck. Probably giivng the pro's of a big bunk ;)

yoopr 01-05-2007 02:53 AM

Did you park there under the Canopy or at the J?
Love Danny's but the price to park there sucks.

Teal 95 KW 01-05-2007 03:16 AM

I'm assuming you're talking to me...I was parked under the canopy....about 4 trucks down from Mr. Roqueman...I forget how much it cost. I know when parked at Danny's, I could pickup the J's wi-fi.

I spoke with Bandit today, as he was heading out to go load again, the truck he's driving is a big-bunk t-600...so I know he's in heaven ;)

yoopr 01-05-2007 03:23 AM

Yeah YOU :P
Danny's is one of the most spotless places I've ever been. You could almost eat off the floor.

Teal 95 KW 01-05-2007 03:32 AM

So, you're saying you were talking to me. :wink:

I was very impressed with their facility. I goofed up and lost my parking spot there, and stayed at the old Danny's further up the road...that place was pretty ratty...and the parking lot left a little to be desired.

If you weren't talking to me, then I apologize for answering without being spoken too :oops:

yoopr 01-05-2007 04:32 AM

"Old Danny's"?? where is that-I've been going to Ontario since the late 70's and have no clue where that is.

Teal 95 KW 01-05-2007 04:47 AM

Ontario? We're talking about in Pheonix, not in Cali. right? There's an "old" Danny's, or something further up the highway, about 2 miles...rigth next door to the KW dealership.

yoopr 01-05-2007 04:59 AM

I meant Phoenix
So the Old Danny's is East of the new one?
Must not have been far from Dumpy Pilot then.
YOu must be a Wealthy Truck driver then-I couldn't afford to stay at Danny's lol

Teal 95 KW 01-05-2007 05:17 AM

Well, the secured parking lot, and covered parking lot with lights was pretty nice. The only downside to the place, was the security guard told me I could park, and then the next morning the other guard came and ran me off....said I was in the way so I had to park over in the "janky" part.

tweety bird 01-05-2007 07:06 PM

They are opening another Dannys west of there (with no parking except for polishing) over by the new Pilot at 99th Ave (where 101 comes in).

yoopr 01-05-2007 07:20 PM

the rumor was always that a big truck stop would be built west of Phoenix but I guess it won't be in my life-time. If there is ever a need for More parking it would be in Phoenix. Go to the Flyin J you end up going in circles for a hour or more waiting for someone to pull out :P

Danny's is a pretty amazing place with their stuff-I just got my truck washed there and drank their coffee and never bought much.

Sure was a God Send when they made the 101

Teal 95 KW 01-05-2007 09:21 PM

I actually stayed at the Flying J around Super Bowl time last year. It was incredible b/c bobtails were actually parked up on the dirt islands etc...I was in tehre eating dinner and they kept calling over the intercom for people to move their trucks or they would be towed...and they had tow trucks in the parking lot.

yoopr 01-05-2007 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teal 95 KW
I actually stayed at the Flying J around Super Bowl time last year. It was incredible b/c bobtails were actually parked up on the dirt islands etc...I was in tehre eating dinner and they kept calling over the intercom for people to move their trucks or they would be towed...and they had tow trucks in the parking lot.

I always heard them over the intercom telling people they had a few minutes for them to move their trucks but never saw one towed. Be nice if they did though.

Teal 95 KW 01-05-2007 10:12 PM

It's getting anymore where I can't stand truckstops. The worst ones out there, I've experienced are the Flying J in the SeaTac area in Washington, The J in Emporia Kansas, and over in Dallas, Tx. as well. Anymore, I try to swing through the TS and do what I need to do, and then stop in a rest area for the night.

BanditsCousin 01-06-2007 07:51 AM

Holy Hijack :)

Anyways, i was referring to the Danny's across from the J at the 137. :lol:

I just got home about an hour ago at Midway airport. Off on a cruise in a few days then time to go back on the road :wink:

BanditsCousin 01-06-2007 07:53 AM

I did 2600 miles too!

BanditsCousin 01-15-2007 06:13 AM

And now its vacation time in Puerto Rico.

01-15-2007 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BanditsCousin
And now its vacation time in Puerto Rico.

I was there about 10 years ago on business at Digital in Aquadilla and was only suppose to be there for 3 days. 6 weeks later I came home. Talk about total immersion into a culture and language that's not your own. Awesome place to relax.

BanditsCousin 01-15-2007 09:46 AM

In about 12 hrs I load up on the cruise ship for 11 days of fun in the sun. I'll dance with the old ladies for you, Steve 8) My Dad said it best- " Go for a cute chick with a trust fund" lol.

01-15-2007 10:54 AM

Have fun on your cruise. I'm not at home so I can't paste in my cruise tips but here are a few.

Pack a small carry on with everything you will want right away when you get on the ship like, sun glasses, sneakers, shorts, T-shirt and anything else. Your luggage may not show up in the room for 4 hours.

If you get sea sick take your meds before you get on the ship even though you feel fine. They don't work once your sick. If you do feel sick have a shot of clear liquor like tequila or vodka. Instant cure.

Bring your own booze if you can in Tupperware or something non breakable. Go to the breakfast setups on deck in the morning and grab milk and juice and put in your fridge if you have one then make your own drinks later.

Bring lots of 1, 5 and 10 dollar bills for the islands. They give change in there currency which you don't want, good for nothing and chances are you'll be too hammered to do the conversion in your head.

When bartering for something offer them 1/2 of what they want. If they say no, walk away, they will call you back. When you can walk away without them calling you back you've hit close to there bottom.

Try every free sample of Rum.

If someone walks up to you and tries to give you something don't take it. Could be pot and there buddy cop is watching. They fine you on the spot, spit the fine and you get sent back to the ship.

Keep wallet in front pocket or just your license, boarding pass and cash.

If your single your in luck. Everyone is only there for 11 days. Time is short and they will never see you again if you get my drift.

Don't buy drinks in the souvenir glasses, they cost twice as much and it's stupid plastic.

Brink a big huge plastic cup with cover and straw. Fill up with ice and water while on the deck.

Only go on sponsored cruise ship shore excursions. They have a list of people who went and WILL NOT leave without you. If you go on your own, your out of luck if you get back late.

Go to the talks before getting to the port.

If you see a little kid running up to you beat him to the punch and yell out, "Sing you a song for a quarter kid". Freaks them out.

If someone gets in your way walking down the side walk they are trying to get you to stop so they can sell you a walking tour. Just keep walking and they will move. Ignore everyone.

Buy gold on the ship near the end of the cruise. It's by the foot and real cheap for chains.

Cruise ships have jail cells. Don't get out of hand, you have NO rights.

DEVIL'S ADVOCATE 01-17-2007 07:48 PM

And you know this......because???????

Be good, Jim

01-17-2007 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEVIL'S ADVOCATE
And you know this......because???????
Be good, Jim

I work on them once in a while in exchange for a free cruise.

Jackrabbit379 01-17-2007 09:48 PM

A friend of mine plays drums. Sometimes,we play together. He just got a job playing in the band on Carnival Cruises. :shock: