Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   Bedbugger revenue contest (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/17435-bedbugger-revenue-contest.html)

BanditsCousin 05-21-2006 02:16 AM

Bedbugger revenue contest

Ok, as you may have read in the new drivers section, I am holding a bedbugger revenue challenge. The race is on to see which owner operator can bring in the most revenue. This includes fsc, packing, accessory charges and waiting pay, amongst any others that are official compensation. Let me introduce the contenders:

1. Our very own Rev. Vassago. Thats right folks, our favorite Graebel driver is gonna bring out the big guns and lay it on the line. Sharp with the tongue on the forums, and sharper at running a profitable business, will he bring it? or leave it?

2. Teal 95 KW is gonna be rockin the house. Sporting a bad ass W900 and the face only a mother could love, he'll be representing for United Van Lines? although technically, hes still leased to Graebel. Get it together man :lol: You know what thy say, don't mess with texas, and hes a prime example.

3. You guessed it, BanditsCousin will be flying the United Van Lines colors for an agent out of Chicago. If hes anything like Pops, he'll fill a truck to the gills, along with the bank account. Originator of the contest, and full time chick magent. He's always wearing sunglasses, even at night, cuz the sun never sets on a bad ass!

Post your comments here, and, if you feel ZESTY enough, feel free to take part in the poll. The contest will be updated monthly, and if the moderators dig it, maybe we can have a sticky for the summer. if not, I'll be the post whore that I am and keep it at the top 8)

Gentleman, start your engines! (after you warm the glow plugs)

OverTheRoad 05-21-2006 02:19 AM

Let me check if I care..... Nope I still don't. :cry: :P

Rev.Vassago 05-21-2006 02:20 AM

Re: Bedbugger revenue contest

Quote:

Originally Posted by BanditsCousin
2. Teal 95 KW is gonna be rockin the house. Sporting a bad ass W900 and the face only a mother could love, he'll be representing for United Van Lines? although technically, hes still leased to Graebel. Get it together man :lol: You know what thy say, don't mess with texas, and hes a prime example.

Hopefully he picks a company before the contest is over...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

BanditsCousin 05-21-2006 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverTheRoad
Let me check if I care..... Nope I still don't. :cry: :P

You cared enough to post here. :lol: Now be a sport and at least vote in the poll. I'm leading in the polls, but, then again, I voted for myself lol.

Rev.Vassago 05-21-2006 02:28 AM

I had some time to kill today, so I figured I'd get some practice in. Hope that random person doesn't mind that I loaded their house on my trailer.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f7/revvassago/110.jpg

First load out of the starting block for me is a little 24,000 lb jobby going from Trenton, NJ to the Denver area. I've also got the option to squeeze in up to 3 cars, which aren't included in the weight. Each one will be an extra grand, so I'm hoping to get 2 of em, and leave the pickup truck for the car carrier.

Although, If I take the pickup truck, I can drop the decking down right behind the cab, and run it right to the tail. That would be a personal best for me: 24,000 lbs, and three cars.

My current personal best is 16,000 lbs, 3 cars, and a motorcycle.

BanditsCousin 05-21-2006 02:29 AM

Thats definitely a weird O/S tier! Is that a particle board bookcase up top?

Rev.Vassago 05-21-2006 02:33 AM

Quote:

Thats definitely a weird O/S tier! Is that a particle board bookcase up top?

Yup, and it's filled, too.... :lol:

Stack em high, and tight!

BanditsCousin 05-21-2006 02:33 AM

Tomorrow we'll start, sound good? Sunday being the first day of the week and all.

Rule: Any shipment ALREADY on the van does not count. Only shipments loaded Sunday and after count. Enjoy your jumpstart, i start Wednesday with 28K+ going to SC. I collect waiting time while the trailer sits in the yard and I begine loading a second one 8)

Rev.Vassago 05-21-2006 02:34 AM

Quote:

I collect waiting time while the trailer sits in the yard and I begine loading a second one 8)

Grrrr........Watiting time.

Question - are you gonna be powering both loads?

BanditsCousin 05-21-2006 03:09 AM

Fo shizzle. I don't have a co-driver, nor do I have a 2nd truck. i do some local work when in town too, so that will help boost my revenue, even though locals pay crappy :roll:

I don't take days off in the summer. Thats how I roll 8)

UPDATE! Teal 95 KY (I mean KW :lol: ) is North bound and down to United in Chicagoland! Just got off the phone with that crazy cat. He might even be my labor mid week :wink:

BanditsCousin 05-21-2006 03:27 AM

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f7/revvassago/110.jpg

1. Shrink wrap job on the pink recliner looks awsome :roll: 8)

2. Pad on the bookcase has exposed wood

3. Holy Tape on the pads Batman 8)

I'm not one to talk, especially since I haven't posted a pic of my load jobs yet :)

Rev.Vassago 05-21-2006 03:42 AM

Quote:

1. Shrink wrap job on the pink recliner looks awsome :roll: 8)

That's why you should never trust labor to shrink your furniture

Quote:

2. Pad on the bookcase has exposed wood
Worth the risk of a $50 claim just to not have to pull it out again

Quote:

3. Holy Tape on the pads Batman 8)
I only use tape - every time I pull the bands out, they seem to magically disappear.

BanditsCousin 05-21-2006 05:25 AM

Try finding labor that actually knows how to use bands, and contact me immediately! They are a dying breed....

Teal 95 KW 05-21-2006 05:25 AM

Holy blown up thread, Batman. I'd post pics of my loadjobs, but I'm too busy making them perty to take pictures. I have a feeling I'm going to be getting the late start in this contest, although according to the agent, I should be loaded and off before the end of this week...Maybe the $50.00 BanditsCousin gives me for helping him load his 28k into a 28' pup trailer will help. Gotta start somewhere right? The only saving grace is that my truck is faster, so I should be able to turn it quicker. <pray>

Teal 95 KW 05-21-2006 05:26 AM

I ONLY use bands. I voted for Jeff...but apparently after doing so I realized I have no farkin votes :(

BanditsCousin 05-21-2006 05:27 AM

Its not that much faster, if at all :wink: Remember, I am sporting the O/O spec T600 shortly, not the governed Ryder Columbia.

You know the deal, $3 an hour or $.25 per 100 to load, and $.20 per hundred when you unload for me lol.

Teal 95 KW 05-21-2006 05:33 AM

Oh, trust me Jeffy-poo. I've got a crisp Benji in my back pocket that says you can't hang. My truck is o/o spec'd doofus, the guy whom had it before me used to yank a bull rack around with it. I've got a few little modifications that I keep under wraps to keep me ahead of the game. The dented fuel tank mod wasn't my doing, so I can't take the credit for that one, lol.

Back on the Road 05-21-2006 05:55 AM

You guys are killing me.... Not counting revenue, I got you all beat, Started my TT career with Mayflower, hauling at the age of 18 running Interstate, and yes, was illegal as all #### but never once got my ### in a pickle. Did I say nt counting revenue ? Darn I wish I worked off percentage back then. Oh Rev, by the way, that load on your truck sure did bring back memories..... (Good and bad) Do you guys pack also or let the agent send there packers out before you pick up the load ? I had to do it all :wink:

I see the money is good bed-bugging but I will go back to general freight. Now get back to work you Bed buggers, and watch out for those jelly rolls, see the old memories are coming back, he he he.

BanditsCousin 05-21-2006 06:29 AM

When I'm at home at my agent, pack and loads are not uncommon, but they are usually packed up and ready to roll when i pick up backhauls on the road.

Rev.Vassago 05-21-2006 06:47 AM

You both are gonna have me beat on speed - I've got the truck governed at 65 on the foot, 70 on the cruise. But unlike you, I'm not heading out, and heading right back. I go wherever the highest paying load takes me.

Teal 95 KW 05-21-2006 04:59 PM

I typically roll about 70-75 anyways. That's honestly where it gets the best fuel mileage. :? I'm going to need a fast truck though, to play catch up to the headstart you guys are getting on me, lol.

Rev-just out of curiosity, how long do you stay out at a time? Do you pull for 938?

Rev.Vassago 05-21-2006 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teal 95 KW
Rev-just out of curiosity, how long do you stay out at a time? Do you pull for 938?

I stay out until something heads me towards home. If I get within 500 miles, and there isn't something that makes it worth me staying out, I'll jump up to the house.

I'm not planning to head home until after school starts, but if I get there, I'm not gonna complain.

I pull for 936 - the corporate office. I'm not affiliated with any of the branches.

Teal 95 KW 05-21-2006 06:29 PM

That's cool, I have heard 936 is where it's at. I don't plan on getting back home until school starts up either, but at the agent I am going to, I will be running up and down the midwest and Texas....so I've got a feeling I'll be through home whether I ask for it or not.

Also, do you have affiliation with a church? I'm assuming "Rev." is Reverend?

Rev.Vassago 05-21-2006 08:05 PM

Quote:

Also, do you have affiliation with a church? I'm assuming "Rev." is Reverend?

No, I don't.

Y'all better pick up the slack quick. I just called my shipper, and he wants me to deliver early on Saturday (which is outside the load spread), so I'm gonna get overtime for this one.

Plus it gives me the opportunity to do the unpack (at the overtime rate). The box count came in double the estimate, so the unpack is gonna pay suhweet!

He sold one of the three vehicles that were going via car carrier, so I'm gonna try and squeeze both the other ones in the trailer.

Guess I'll have to use the old adage:

"If at first it doesn't fit, get a bigger sledgehammer!"

BanditsCousin 05-21-2006 09:15 PM

Just another reminder, this is a FREINDLY contest for those reading this. Nobody has anything to prove, and nobody is putting down anyone.

To be honest, me and Teal 95 were planning this for about 2 months.

The winner does get to put "bedbugger champ" or something cheezy in their signature upon winning, so there is an incentive. I'm trying to get the guys to agree on cleaning my wheels in bikinis and high heels if I win though :lol: or doing the "partyboy" (from the movie Jackass) at a truckstop near you if they lose, but the negotiations aren't going so well :roll: 8) 8)

BanditsCousin 05-21-2006 09:16 PM

If Jason lumps for me this week, can he count all $3/hr as part of his revenue? I'll allow it if the Rev will :D

Rev.Vassago 05-21-2006 09:38 PM

Quote:

If Jason lumps for me this week, can he count all $3/hr as part of his revenue? I'll allow it if the Rev will :D

Just this first week, only. Wouldn't want him to come up COMPLETELY empty. :lol:

Tell you what - I'm so confident that I will come out on top, that if I don't win, I'll do one of two things:

1. I'll buy the winner lunch

or

2. I'll fold all the winner's pads (but only once)

Quote:

I'm trying to get the guys to agree on cleaning my wheels in bikinis and high heels if I win though or doing the "partyboy" (from the movie Jackass) at a truckstop near you if they lose, but the negotiations aren't going so well
Sorry, but the Rev. don't swing that way, and frankly, I'm shocked that you do :shock:

BanditsCousin 05-21-2006 09:48 PM

Its all a joke about bikinis. It would be funny as hell to have you two shining my wheels at a truckstop getting laughed at. I was in a fraternity in college, so I am partial to hazing :)

Anyways, may the best man win. I'll chip in for lunch for the winner. No Flying J lunch, a good lunch like a steak at Lonestar if the other loser pays the other half. I'm not worried about us lying, you seem like a stand-up guy and Jason will be working at a competing agent 10 minutes away :roll: so I'll hunt him down, or have my mom pull up his order #'s if she has free time :twisted:

I'm still gonna try to get him to sign on at my agent, but we'll see.

Teal 95 KW 05-22-2006 12:38 AM

[Cartman]Screw you guys, I'm going home![/Cartman] :lol:

Rev.Vassago 05-22-2006 12:45 AM

Quote:

[Cartman]Screw you guys, I'm going home![/Cartman] :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

05-22-2006 04:52 AM

Had to vote for Teal....he has a KW W900. Wouldn't got against someone who is smart enough to drive the same thing I drive! :shock:

Besides you make him out to be an underdog....got to watch out for those quiet ones. :wink:

05-22-2006 07:02 AM

Well, don't care for Petercrap scratch the Rev off, Bandit just got himself a new ride .... yippee it's a KW but too bad he wasn't smart enough to get himself something classy like a W9.

I realize the truck isn't everything but ya know it means something in this race. :wink:

So, my vote goes to Teal...

Teal 95 KW 05-22-2006 07:04 AM

I think Jeff's problem is that I play "dumb" alot..and, he doesn't realize it. I've got 7 1/2 years in HHG, not an expert by any means, I still learn new stuff everyday, but I run hard, turn shipments quickly, and am very careful. I don't put on my "serious face" alot, but always maintain a professional image, work becomes WORK when you take the fun out of it. I'm at a disadvantage right now, b/c of the company switch, but I don't think that's going to slow me up too much. 8) Oh, I almost forgot, thanks for the vote :lol:

TIM 05-22-2006 03:35 PM

Hard decision. :D

Ya gotta love those come from behind finishes.

Tim

ben45750 05-22-2006 07:00 PM

Great thread guys, would be nice if they make it sticky. Hate to make a vote based on a truck but anyone who has a pete like Revs has my vote.

Mackman 05-23-2006 01:04 AM

I voted for REV he got a baddass Pete but i kinda hope for BC only becuase we are around the same age. Plus i like the looks of more Graebel trucks then United. But i still think all them lease CR England drivers will beat all of you LOL 8)

BanditsCousin 05-23-2006 04:41 AM

Anyone notice that currently we are all tied in vote- "6-6-6" :lol:

Rev.Vassago 05-23-2006 05:39 AM

UPDATE: Just finished loading my first shipment. Came in at about 27,000 lbs. Unloading on a Saturday, so I get overtime pay for all my labor (3 men). I'm also doing the unpack, so I get overtime pay for that as well - 2 days worth.

I didn't manage to get both cars, but I got one of them. The shipper was very happy with my service, and slipped me a hunnerd bucks. Can I count that as revenue? :wink:

That freakin trailer is FULL! Lots of PBO's, which took up WAY too much room. The estimate called for 236 boxes, but the box count came in around 420. That is the biggest shipment I've ever seen for a 1500 sq ft. house!

And for the record, I'm 31 years old. Thanks for the compliments on the truck, it's a work in progress. Here's what it looked like when I bought it:
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f7...ago/truck2.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f7...ago/box018.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f7...go/box0131.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f7/revvassago/115.jpg

HorsePower 05-23-2006 05:33 PM

whoa, that is a great looking truck.

shahan 05-23-2006 08:55 PM

Do you guys goto residential homes to load up?? The only way you could come into my neiborhood is if you drive over top of a stop sign and turn around in the yard. What do you do if you cant fit down the street?, which im sure happens alot.