User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2012, 04:06 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 12 Volt refrigerator

Anyone know of a good 12volt refrigerator that works. I'd like to keep something cold during the day but would unplug at night when truck is off. I got an electric APU (Junk) but no household current.
Thought about running 2 batteries in a cooler with an inverter (Refrigerator with household current) but that would have to be separate from any truck electronics. Plus it would probably run down quick.
I'd like to run a microwave off the inverter just as needed.
Any ideas? Thanks
Old 06-03-2012, 04:42 PM
Senior Board Member

If you are looking for 12 volts fridge, check out truckfridge I believe it's the best on a market today. Money and reliability as well.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:07 AM
Senior Board Member

Let your google fingers do the walking. There are a lot of "true" 12v refrigerator / freezer options on the market. Just do a google on "12v appliances" like I did and there are tons of options available. The Truck Fridge is just one. Engel is another that makes a wide variety of 12v real refrigerator / freezers.

But cost is a real issue. I have gotten great results for a few years now out of an Avanti "true" dorm style refrigerator running off my inverter. No, it is not one of those thermoelectric style fridges like the truck stop stuff. It has true compressor and refrigerant. That thing runs 24/7 and has done so for almost 4 years without a problem. And even a simple 300 watt inverter will run it. Cost of fridge.... ballpark $120 to the door including shipping.