User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2012, 11:23 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default cargo insurance

i'm trying to get a new customer. he said that the stuff i'll be hauling could be worth upwards to 1m. right now i have insurance though progressive they have a max of 100k for cargo. does anyone have more then 100k?
Old 02-26-2012, 03:17 AM
Senior Board Member

I’ve been with Buckner ( The Buckner Company | It's not just insurance...it's smart business. ) for nearly five years. They shop a variety of insurance providers and have always been able to beat any quote I’ve gotten elsewhere, including Progressive (they beat OOIDA by nearly $2k). They’ve had me with Northland for the last three years and I’ve been beyond pleased with the service I’ve gotten from Kim Russell, my agent (or “producer” as they call them). I only carry $150k in cargo, but I imagine they can provide whatever you need. You can look up their contact info at the link I provided or PM me and I can give the direct contact info for my rep.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:29 AM
Senior Board Member

musicman thanks i'll look it up! right now i dont want to start going though the insurance thing again being i'm moving back to ny.. and very little people write in ny. the requirements are a A+ company and higher cargo. next to progressive holding the process up for my MC numbers.. i have no complaints
Old 02-26-2012, 01:38 PM
Senior Board Member

You can get cargo ins for certain loads on a per load basis also, most companies will do that also
Old 02-26-2012, 09:35 PM

Tell your agent to check with Acadia or LLoyds of London.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:54 AM
Senior Board Member

i'll keep that in mind. right now i'm in pa and with progressive. they seem not to want to move on the 100k. by the time my plates are up i'll be moving back to ny.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:09 AM
Senior Board Member

That is the coolest dog in your avatar MM.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:24 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
That is the coolest dog in your avatar MM.
I’ll pass along your appreciation to Sci. I'm sure I can speak for him when I say, "Woof!" or perhaps "Hoooowwwwllll" would be more appropriate, since that's the language of the Husky.

He’s a pure bred, three year old Siberian Husky we just took in (free, believe it or not) from an acquaintance who was moving to a complex where dogs were disallowed. We’ve only had him for two weeks, but he’s already becoming one of the best dogs I’ve owned. I’d take him on the road with me, but Huskies are bread to run and run and run and run, and having him in the truck just wouldn’t be fair to him. Our property is 12 acres and every morning and evening when we take him for a walk, he runs non-stop for about twenty minutes before he finally slows down.
Here's a few larger pics.

Last edited by Musicman; 03-02-2012 at 10:46 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:24 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
I’ll pass along your appreciation to Sci. I'm sure I can speak for him when I say, "Woof!" or perhaps "Hoooowwwwllll" would be more appropriate, since that's the language of the Husky.

He’s a pure bred, three year old Siberian Husky we just took in (free, believe it or not) from an acquaintance who was moving to a complex where dogs were disallowed. We’ve only had him for two weeks, but he’s already becoming one of the best dogs I’ve owned. I’d take him on the road with me, but Huskies are bread to run and run and run and run, and having him in the truck just wouldn’t be fair to him. Our property is 12 acres and every morning and evening when we take him for a walk, he runs non-stop for about twenty minutes before he finally slows down.
Here's a few larger pics.

that is one AWSOME looking dog! and you should take him see how he does! i take my boxer with me every day. while i'm getting loaded/unloaded we go for walks and she loves it! lazy SOB sleeps all day!
Old 03-03-2012, 03:19 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird_1252 View Post
that is one AWSOME looking dog! and you should take him see how he does! i take my boxer with me every day. while i'm getting loaded/unloaded we go for walks and she loves it! lazy SOB sleeps all day!
These are very high energy dogs. Keep in mind that the breed has been perfected over hundreds of years to serve one purpose… to pull heavy sleds as a team in some of the harshest cold weather climates on the planet. Supposedly, when unencumbered by a load, they are perfectly happy to run hundreds of miles without rest. Even if I managed to find the time to walk Sci twice a day for 45 minutes each time, there are other issues with trying to make a truck dog out of him.

Huskys reportedly have “a strong prey drive” that puts any smaller animal that gets near them at risk of being eaten. The information I’ve researched on-line from other owners chronicles unfortunate incidents with cats, squirrels, birds, chickens and even goats. I’d hate to have Sci out for a walk at a truckstop or rest area and have him eat some little ankle-biting, yippy dog or even worse, a cat (I like cats).

The other problem, though one that occurs only twice a year, is that Siberians shed profusely. To protect them in the arctic (they are comfortable in temperatures as low as -76 degrees F), they have developed a two layer coat that is completely shed in Spring and Fall. I’ve been told that this happens so rapidly and that the fur is so thick that one dog will make an acre of land look like a cotton field overnight. I have no desire to wake up one morning and find my truck filled with shed Husky fur.