User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2011, 09:50 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Whats Wrong with this Industry?

I've been out here 8 years now and everyday I see a decline. I don't understand why people feel like they have to settle for things. Companies are stealing big time and drivers are putting up with it. I can only speak from my exp, but the guys I work with are soft as a philadelphia pretzel. The Company I run for is stealing from us BIG TIME and none of these cowards wanna stand up for themselves..

There is money out here to be made and until we decide that it belongs to the drivers and not the companies then we will never get our fair share. No reason Company drivers shouldn't bring home well over $65,000 Min. we have to make a change in this Industry.. I don't know where to start but it has to start somewhere.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:04 PM
Senior Board Member

Dont get your hopes up. It will never happen.

Waitin on GMAN to come in here and say 40-50k a year is great money to live in a truck for weeks on end.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 05-15-2011, 10:05 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobytob View Post
I've been out here 8 years now and everyday I see a decline. I don't understand why people feel like they have to settle for things. Companies are stealing big time and drivers are putting up with it. I can only speak from my exp, but the guys I work with are soft as a philadelphia pretzel. The Company I run for is stealing from us BIG TIME and none of these cowards wanna stand up for themselves..

There is money out here to be made and until we decide that it belongs to the drivers and not the companies then we will never get our fair share. No reason Company drivers shouldn't bring home well over $65,000 Min. we have to make a change in this Industry.. I don't know where to start but it has to start somewhere.
You're tilting against windmills young man.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:49 PM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackman View Post
Dont get your hopes up. It will never happen.

Waitin on GMAN to come in here and say 40-50k a year is great money to live in a truck for weeks on end.
Exactly. And too many drivers apparantly agree with GMAN cause they just keep on doin it.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:54 AM
Rookie

[QUOTE=Tobytob;497724]
There is money out here to be made and until we decide that it belongs to the drivers and not the companies then we will never get our fair share. [QUOTE]

Why does it not belong to the companies? They are the ones with the risk. Just saying.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:57 AM

This is exactly my point, when do we educate our fellows driver and help them make better decisions in life. janitors make more money than OTR drivers. and the reason is the companies keep all the money. Seriously this has to come to and end sooner or later. I fear for the future of this industry it becoming a terrible occupation. I love what I do but I refuse to do it for pennies. Pay me or Im moving on, simple as that. This is the only industry where and employ has to fight for his hourly or weekly pay every week.. I don't understand.
I heard a driver talk about his company charging him for using to much reefer fuel and keeping him out on the road for weeks at a time. His said he doesn't even bring home $500 a week. seriously this is modern day slavery and it unfair to the working class. And Im sure you all know how hard we work and under appreciated we are. I think this industry could use a major over haul. starting at the top of the program with these BS companies making all the money and not paying the drivers $1000 a week is not good money for company driver especially if that's before taxes.. WAKE UP people..
Old 05-16-2011, 01:01 AM

[QUOTE=aubie2;497749][QUOTE=Tobytob;497724]
There is money out here to be made and until we decide that it belongs to the drivers and not the companies then we will never get our fair share.
Quote:

Why does it not belong to the companies? They are the ones with the risk. Just saying.
Seriously, LMAO.. OK and with no employees you have no Company remember that....Risk is you signed up for, when you decided you want to start a business, doesn't mean you steal from the employees or pay them min wage just because you can get away with it. Thats a terrible business model... If you pay your employees a decent salary the work environment would be 10x better, thats a proven fact. I never said companies can't make a profit.

Last edited by Tobytob; 05-16-2011 at 01:05 AM.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:06 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
The Company I run for is stealing from us BIG TIME and none of these cowards wanna stand up for themselves..
How are they stealing fro you and why are you afraid to stand up for yourself?

Quote:
There is money out here to be made and until we decide that it belongs to the drivers and not the companies........
There is where you are wrong. Capitalism rewards those that successfully put capital at risk. It does not reward the worker. The workers reward is that he has relatively little responsibility and headaches.

Quote:
No reason Company drivers shouldn't bring home well over $65,000 Min.
Upon what are you basing this number? Show your calculations please.

Quote:
I don't know where to start but it has to start somewhere.
You can start by purchasing a few trucks and paying your drivers over $65,000 a year. No reason why you shouldn't be able to do it.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:22 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:

If you don't like the money drivers are paid then perhaps you should start your own company and then you can pay drivers as much as you want. I would love for you to explain to me how companies are stealing from drivers. And if you think that a janitor makes more than an otr driver then why don't you become a janitor? If this is such a lousy paying business then why are you sticking around? According to you and your minions you can make more working at McDonald's or as a janitor. What is stopping you? If I felt the way you do then there is NO way that I would stay in a business that I hated as much as you profess. Find something else to do or stop the whining.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:44 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
This is exactly my point, when do we educate our fellows driver and help them make better decisions in life. janitors make more money than OTR drivers. and the reason is the companies keep all the money. Seriously this has to come to and end sooner or later. I fear for the future of this industry it becoming a terrible occupation. I love what I do but I refuse to do it for pennies. Pay me or Im moving on, simple as that.

So, what is stopping you from moving on? The cheap pay?

This is the only industry where and employ has to fight for his hourly or weekly pay every week.. I don't understand.

Since when does ANY driver have to fight for his pay each week? When have you had to fight for your pay?

I heard a driver talk about his company charging him for using to much reefer fuel and keeping him out on the road for weeks at a time. His said he doesn't even bring home $500 a week.

Perhaps he was selling his company's fuel. Did he happen to mention how much money he spent on video games or playing the slots? Did he happen to mention his advances?

seriously this is modern day slavery and it unfair to the working class.

I didn't realize that slaves were paid $800-1,000+ per week. Oh, that's right. Janitors make $1,000/week.

And Im sure you all know how hard we work and under appreciated we are. I think this industry could use a major over haul. starting at the top of the program with these BS companies making all the money and not paying the drivers $1000 a week is not good money for company driver especially if that's before taxes.. WAKE UP people..
So, when are you going to start your own company and show all of these companies how to run a successful business and pay drivers $65,000+ per week?