User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2010, 01:37 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Bluetooth advice

I know this was posted some while ago, but now after everyone has had some time to try out the new bluetooth, jawbone etc...,,, which one do you have and would you recommend it. I had a jawbone, paid 129.00 for it and it was terrible for me, never could get it to knock out the noise and finally got tired of it after 3 months and tossed it.

I don't care to pay for a good one, just don't want to toss money out the window again for one that is not what it promises.

I heard one guy talking about a Blue Parrott headset and he said it was great and no noise, anyone know about this?

Thanks everyone for your advice and suggestions on this.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:00 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

It's kinda tough to recommend a product like this, because the shape of peoples ears are different, as well as range of hearing. Just make sure you deal with a store that has a return policy.
That's what I did, and ended up returning the first one I tried, but really liked the second one, which I still use. It's a '07 Blue Ant X3 micro.

Old 02-19-2010, 03:37 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Rick View Post
I know this was posted some while ago, but now after everyone has had some time to try out the new bluetooth, jawbone etc...,,, which one do you have and would you recommend it. I had a jawbone, paid 129.00 for it and it was terrible for me, never could get it to knock out the noise and finally got tired of it after 3 months and tossed it.

I don't care to pay for a good one, just don't want to toss money out the window again for one that is not what it promises.

I heard one guy talking about a Blue Parrott headset and he said it was great and no noise, anyone know about this?

Thanks everyone for your advice and suggestions on this.
I just bought a Blue Parrot headset with a boom-mike 3 weeks ago. So far everyone is surprised when I am talking with them. I don't have to shout to get past engine and road noise, because the noise cancel technology works just like the instructions say.

Several have been surprised when they findout that I am driving and they can't hear the truck! Paid $89.99 for mine at a Wilco on I-85 in South Carolina.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:26 AM
Board Icon

My friend has a Blue Parrott, and its awesome - when I talk to him I'd swear he isn't in the truck it cancels the road noise so well.

I use a Blue Ant, also works like a charm. Had a jawbone, it was horrible. Been thru 5 so far in the last year, love the blue ant but if it fails me I plan to get that Blue Parrott next
Old 02-19-2010, 04:37 AM
Senior Board Member

The reason I like the blue parrot isn't for the clarity of voice on both sides, it's the ergonomics. I absolutely hate earpieces, and haven't had one yet that was remotely comfortable. The blue parrot is great! I love mine. Use it all the time. It stays on while I'm in the truck. It usually lasts about a week between charges. I don't always turn it off at night either. There's also an option to turn off all blinking indicators, great for night drivers. By far the easiest to use as well. I've tried the jawbone and a couple others (plantronics?) and none compare to the blue parrot. There may be newer ones out there that are better, but I'll stick with what's proven.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:46 AM
Board Regular

Blue Parrot is the one to go with! I have one and is the best one out there for trucking.The noise canceling works perfect.I did try a number of them and after spending a lot of money i'm very happy with the Blue Parrot.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:15 PM
Senior Board Member

i also have the jawbone. it seems hit or miss.. some people hear me clear others say i come in all broken up. i found that if you dont talk over the engine/road noise and have it the way they recomend it works ok.. a headset isnt for me.. i'll feel like an operator or something! :rofl:
Old 02-19-2010, 05:00 PM
Board Regular

Another vote for Blue Parrot. PLENTY of incoming volume and great noise cancellation. Only problem is occasionally I will have a connection with static that doesn´t clear up without ending the call and calling back. The redialed call is always perfect, not sure why, maybe just an isolated glitch in my piece. I would not be without it and would buy another one. Pretty comfortable too as the others have mentioned.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:31 AM
Senior Board Member

I also vote for the blue parrot. I tried the new Cobra and it was very comfortable and sounded good on my end, but everyone I talked to complained that it echoed to the point that it bothered them a lot, I took it back and got the parrot and now people cant even tell if I'm moving or sitting
Old 02-20-2010, 02:52 AM
Board Regular

Thanks everyone, stopped and got a Blue Parrot and man I love it! Got it at Loves in Calhoun TN tonight and it was $99.00 then had a 20.00 rebate. Used it coming home and asked everyone about it I talked to and they all said they could not believe it was a headset.

Thanks again everyone for your advice!