User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2007, 08:50 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default going to iraq

ive been talking about buying a truck in previous posts which im still gonna do, thanks for all the info and help, i didnt mention, i had applied to KBR, well did the phone interview, sent the docs off, now im of to Houston 10dec, so looks like ill be in baghdad for the holidays, that will be a big help when i get back for getting my own truck, ill keep in touch and keep a blog going on here, i will be doing the convoys, if anyone here has been there, please email me any useful advice before i go, thats it for now.....
Rich
Old 11-18-2007, 10:15 PM
Board Regular

Small world. My date for huston is dec 10th also. I am supposed to leave pdx the 9th.
Supposed to leave is the key word. I cant get my wife on board for nothing in the world.
I am still on the fence and probably will be till the morning I go or don't go.
Either way good luck and ASH_ca_la is the man you need to get a hold of. He has been alot of help for me thourgh this thing.
He is good peoples!
Old 11-19-2007, 12:42 AM
Rookie

hi, yeah ive seen his posts, im dealing with sam in houston, did the conference thing today, i have a friend out there, he's been there for 3 years, says he loves it, so who knows, anyway good luck, stay in touch, i think we will all need some friends out there.....
Rich
Old 11-19-2007, 01:20 AM
Board Regular

your kidding? Sam is the same one I am dealing with. He and his recruit partner Syed Hussian. The irony in that is funny, going to iraq and having the paper work done by a guy named hussain.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:41 AM
Senior Board Member

Lots of fun to you guys!
Old 11-19-2007, 01:22 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcal
Small world. My date for huston is dec 10th also. I am supposed to leave pdx the 9th.
Supposed to leave is the key word. I cant get my wife on board for nothing in the world.
I am still on the fence and probably will be till the morning I go or don't go.
Either way good luck and ASH_ca_la is the man you need to get a hold of. He has been alot of help for me thourgh this thing.
He is good peoples!
When you guys get here and land in Baghdad at BIAP you will be within eye-sight of my work assign-ment. I might even be at the airport picking up some dignateries ?? If you see a old guy with long blonde hair n a pony-tail say hello !!!! The people that will greet you at BIAP in the area that you gather to get on the bus know me. I'm the DOS (Dept of State) person. I stay inside the wire now with my up-armoured suburban. Everythings real quiet now (Dam near boreing !!! ) so don't sweat it. The weather is good 85-90 daytime n 50-55 at night.

Have fun in Houston !!!
Old 11-22-2007, 05:28 PM

I had a trainer last year when I worked for a Reefer company out of Texas, and this 30-something guy was just back from Iraq, where he was driving for Blackwater. Now you know how people talk nonstop sometimes in a cab when you're getting to know each other? I'm a motherly type, and this man fessed up and told me he went to Iraq WITH A DEATH WISH, after his marriage broke up and he never saw his two little girls much anymore.

Aside from the obvious danger, which this man actually welcomed, because he was so broken up inside. . .

There is more trouble here, which is NOT obvious to many people, because we have a controlled media (controlled by fear of losing a job). The untold story is that the munitions used in Gulf War I and II have used shells made from Depleted Uranium -- that means Iraq's air, soil, and water are all contaminated with RADIOACTIVE DUST.

It has now been documented that the damage to the human bodies of personnel coming back to the USA consists of severe neurological and organic poisoning, resulting in physical sickness, AS WELL AS MENTAL INSTABILITY -- uncontrollable anger, short-term memory loss, confusion, inability to make decisions. No this is not Post Traumatic Stress, this is a form of radiation sickness.

If anyone wants REAL information, rather than just putting me down for being unpatriotic or something, send me an email through this Forum.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:24 PM

can you tell us the pay they have offered is it per mile? per hour? or salary?, and living conditions? how many hours per day and day's per week worked? is there very many positions for women truck drivers?
Old 11-23-2007, 02:08 AM
Senior Board Member

i think its an hourly pay.

search for ash_ca_la posts. its a pretty interesting what he has accomplished overseas and back home
Old 11-23-2007, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickll
can you tell us the pay they have offered is it per mile? per hour? or salary?, and living conditions? how many hours per day and day's per week worked? is there very many positions for women truck drivers?
It's per hour and yes they have women drivers . They use people that have a CDL and it does'nt matter if your a man or a woman. I went n ran my mouth about it being so quiet over here and yesterday the Green Zone had a mortar attack but no-one was hurt. Anyway check out "" ANOTHER WONDERFULL DAY IN BAGHDAD "" and that should answer all your questions . At this time it's on page 2 ..