User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2009, 12:08 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Travel Centers of America.

I went to the darn TA shop in Ontario, CA for an OIL Change. When I got back in the truck my clutch has been adjusted. I don't understand. They tried to say it went out. But I feel like the damn mechanic was trying to get some extra work, Becuase business was slow. I over heard them talking about needing extra work while I was paying for the oil change.
I'm @ the freightliner dealer in Cali and I promise you if my clutch is out of adjustment ,TA is going to have a Lawsuit. I asked the mechanic to tell me if it was tapered with. he said he will know by looking to see if a wrench was put on the it.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:21 AM
Senior Board Member

They should have given you a work order to sign before they started work. I'm assuming it didn't say anything about the clutch. You don't pay for unauthorized work.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:39 AM
Default I didn't pay for that.

I paid for a simple Oil change thats it. All i wanted them SOB's to do was and Oil Change. They tried to get some more money out of me. I am hot right now... I'm @ freightliner right now and if he adjusts the clutch and tells me it was tampered with I am going to get him to write it on the reciept and take it to TA. This way they can reimburse me.. Let those major companies pay TA to screw up ther trucks. If your and owner Op, dont let them even change a Tire.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:21 AM
Board Regular

I was there today too to pump like 5 gallons on my reefer and I swear it took me like close to an hour to be in and out of this place.Never again, I will step into that #$%^hole. As far as their mechanics,they will not ever ever thouch my truck,even washing it!!!!! Those sobs cannot be called mechanis in any form. I wonder how they get hired at some of those places.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:27 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b00m View Post
I was there today too to pump like 5 gallons on my reefer and I swear it took me like close to an hour to be in and out of this place.Never again, I will step into that #$%^hole. As far as their mechanics,they will not ever ever thouch my truck,even washing it!!!!! Those sobs cannot be called mechanis in any form. I wonder how they get hired at some of those places.
TA mechanics are careless and ignorant most of the time in most places, not just in Ontario, Canada. I did an oil change at the TA in Erie, PA (off I-90) a few months ago and their mechanic broke the air pressure sensor that was located next to the fuel filter on my CAT. I started the truck and all of sudden the yellow light came on. The mechanic tried to underplay that saying it was nothing but I insisted that something was wrong, because when I came in their shop, everything worked perfectly. Finally, their manager showed up and admitted the ace mechanic had broken the sensor. They didn't object to ordering a new sensor and installing it for free on my truck, but this was Sunday and the nearby CAT was closed. I lost something like a day there because of it. Needless to say this was the last time I changed my oil at that location.

Watch my YouTube videos
Old 09-03-2009, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b00m View Post
Toys R Us wasn't hiring
Old 09-03-2009, 09:04 AM
Senior Board Member

my experience with the petro's & the ta's , is this. they pay very little. so they do not attract quality mechanics. the lack of knowledge & their unprofessional work ethic tells me that they are like the people you would hire at a fast food joint. they are there for the experience & training. like for first time in the job market. I have similar stories as well. the last time I went to any one for an oil change was 6 years ago. I do it myself.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:34 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer View Post
TA mechanics are careless and ignorant most of the time in most places, not just in Ontario, Canada. I did an oil change at the TA in Erie, PA (off I-90) a few months ago and their mechanic broke the air pressure sensor that was located next to the fuel filter on my CAT. I started the truck and all of sudden the yellow light came on. The mechanic tried to underplay that saying it was nothing but I insisted that something was wrong, because when I came in their shop, everything worked perfectly. Finally, their manager showed up and admitted the ace mechanic had broken the sensor. They didn't object to ordering a new sensor and installing it for free on my truck, but this was Sunday and the nearby CAT was closed. I lost something like a day there because of it. Needless to say this was the last time I changed my oil at that location.
Ontario, California