User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2009, 10:37 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Merrick etc..Where do you guys go to get a background checks?

I can pull up my own MVR from my local DMV's website but I am looking for an all-in one place to do background check,mvr etc.....
Intellius will not give an MVR info but only a background check.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:35 PM
Senior Board Member

USIS has worked for me. I have a driver for you also, he just called 10 minutes ago.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:35 AM
Board Regular
Default Loadit

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOAD IT View Post
USIS has worked for me. I have a driver for you also, he just called 10 minutes ago.
Hey LOADIT, per our phone convo, when this approval comes in from my insurance I will defintely like to talk to your guy.Since the insurance is dragging their feet, I don't have much hope on they approving it.If your guy is willing to do something else other than what we talked about.................then let me talk to him.From our convo, it sounds like he is more of a van driver than a platform freight.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:40 AM
Board Regular
Default How much for USIS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOAD IT View Post
LOADIT, how much is this USIS?They never tell you on the website until you fill out a 2 page profile form and then send you to a credit card page.By then you realise you can't afford their monthly charges.Just like what RTS did to me and only to keep calling and sending email.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:32 AM
Senior Board Member

There is no simple answer on where to do background checks. Really if most people understood how the system works in this country they would be surprised.

First of all there really only is one national background check which is called a NCIC (I am going off the top of my head here so someone please feel free to correct me)

That is what the feds use but to be truly accurate you need finger prints. You can not have access to that system unless under certain rules of which I am not certain.

All these web sites like Intelius or whatever it's called or Melissa Data (my favorite actually) that advertise nationwide criminal checks, look for the littel asterisk. That will tell you that not all states will give out the info.

In fact in certain states, if you want to look you need to go look in specific counties. So what does all this boil down to?

For instance say you move to California ( I think they have strict rules to access criminal records too) and you apply for a job. Well lets back up and say you got arrested in Nebraska. You are then in California, and they ask you if you ever have been arrested and you say no. Well unless you tell them you got in trouble in Nebraska they will never really know.

This is why companies ask for your address for the last seven years. Now all of this also depends on what you are applying for. If you are applying to be a school teacher, I'm quite sure they run an NCIC on you, and your arrest in Nebraska might come up.

What do I do when I am hiring someone? I am very good on the computer; I can find just about anything out. But more importantly I just ask them. They say "no" and then I ask them again, and they say "no" again then I ask them if they are sure cause I am going to find out anyway and then it starts coming out.

As for pulling MVR's my insurance agent does that. CDL holders are under a nationwide system so a ticket in one state will show up when you pull the record.

Anway like I said all of this is off the top of my head so anyone feel free to correct me.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:34 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrick4 View Post
There is no simple answer on where to do background checks. Really if most people understood how the system works in this country they would be surprised.

First of all there really only is one national background check which is called a NCIC (I am going off the top of my head here so someone please feel free to correct me)

That is what the feds use but to be truly accurate you need finger prints. You can not have access to that system unless under certain rules of which I am not certain.

All these web sites like Intelius or whatever it's called or Melissa Data (my favorite actually) that advertise nationwide criminal checks, look for the littel asterisk. That will tell you that not all states will give out the info.

In fact in certain states, if you want to look you need to go look in specific counties. So what does all this boil down to?

For instance say you move to California ( I think they have strict rules to access criminal records too) and you apply for a job. Well lets back up and say you got arrested in Nebraska. You are then in California, and they ask you if you ever have been arrested and you say no. Well unless you tell them you got in trouble in Nebraska they will never really know.

This is why companies ask for your address for the last seven years. Now all of this also depends on what you are applying for. If you are applying to be a school teacher, I'm quite sure they run an NCIC on you, and your arrest in Nebraska might come up.

What do I do when I am hiring someone? I am very good on the computer; I can find just about anything out. But more importantly I just ask them. They say "no" and then I ask them again, and they say "no" again then I ask them if they are sure cause I am going to find out anyway and then it starts coming out.

As for pulling MVR's my insurance agent does that. CDL holders are under a nationwide system so a ticket in one state will show up when you pull the record.

Anway like I said all of this is off the top of my head so anyone feel free to correct me.
I heard about the govt. using NCIC, which is unreachable for people like us.I do understand the many discrepancies.For ex... I had a ticket on the INDIANA turn pike (I-80) almost 2 months ago for going 64 in a 55.I had just left a 65mph speed limit zone and entered the split speed limit zone when this DOT stopped me.When I signed the ticket, I mentioned that he had ruined my perfect record.Anyway, I paid my $130 fine a 6 weeks ago.I just ran my MVR and it never showed up.
6 years ago, I applied for a cabling job and they requested I go pull my own record(that is how cheap the company was).I went to my local precinct and they gave me my record.I doubt I could enquire on someone else' record at the precinct.Before feeding someone to my insurance I also want to run the MVR myself and in that case, am very confident in my rate for that person, than to wonder how much my premiums would be.How much is this Melissa Data?
Old 08-31-2009, 11:12 AM
Board Regular
Default I am sold on Melissa data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henboy1 View Post
I heard about the govt. using NCIC, which is unreachable for people like us.I do understand the many discrepancies.For ex... I had a ticket on the INDIANA turn pike (I-80) almost 2 months ago for going 64 in a 55.I had just left a 65mph speed limit zone and entered the split speed limit zone when this DOT stopped me.When I signed the ticket, I mentioned that he had ruined my perfect record.Anyway, I paid my $130 fine a 6 weeks ago.I just ran my MVR and it never showed up.
6 years ago, I applied for a cabling job and they requested I go pull my own record(that is how cheap the company was).I went to my local precinct and they gave me my record.I doubt I could enquire on someone else' record at the precinct.Before feeding someone to my insurance I also want to run the MVR myself and in that case, am very confident in my rate for that person, than to wonder how much my premiums would be.How much is this Melissa Data?
For $9.95, I am sold on Melissa Data.This is if I want to verify someones adresse and ID them.