User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2009, 11:51 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default I can't believe some people are actually buying new equipment nowadays!

Well, what can I say ... I'm one of them. I believe U.S.-Canada economy will get better. Just signed on the dotted line today for a 2010 Wilson RoadBrute - 48 ft, combo, 38' lower deck with fixed tandems (61" spread). Took 2 times to get financing: I tried a new guy first time and he approved me for ... 14.9% over 54 mo with 10% down! Yeah, right ... Went to GE Capital - the same outfit that is financing my truck - and they approved me for 10% over 60 months with only 5% down. Gave the dealer 1 grand today. I'm told the trailer will be ready in 6 to 8 weeks, and I'll bobtail to the Wilson plant in Moberly, MO to get it. The cost of this 48" combo trailer with a steel coil package and all aluminum wheels came to US$33,644 minus $1,500 freight (the dealer will give me a check for this amount once I bring the trailer to Canada). I"m really excited about this as I'm sick and tired of dry van trailers MacKinnon pays 82% gross to o/o with their own trailers and they also receive 100% of fuel surcharge that the carrier gets from the customers. So, it's definitely a big plus. Now all I have to do is get tarps, chains, straps, etc. etc. and I'm in business come August this year. Big thanks to rank, allan, and gman for comments and suggestions.

Watch my YouTube videos
Old 06-17-2009, 01:15 AM

Tracer,

Congratulations on your purchase. And thanks for the videos on Youtube. Lots of good info.

R/

Frat
Old 06-17-2009, 12:25 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fratsit View Post
Tracer,

Congratulations on your purchase. And thanks for the videos on Youtube. Lots of good info.

R/

Frat
Thanks, Frat. I'll do another "road movie" when I'll go to pick up the trailer at the Wilson plant.

Watch my YouTube videos
Old 06-17-2009, 12:31 PM
Senior Board Member

That's great Tracer, congratulations! Couple of questions and suggestions. What are your monthly payments with that financing? 4 to 500 a mo.? Did you get a seven pin installed in the front of the trailer so you can dump the bags? If not do so it will save tires.

I used Harps Tarps for my lumber tarps and still stand by them. A little extra money but a great tarp.

Also, when I was shopping for chains binders and such if you're an OOIDA member you can get a discount with US cargo Control, I can't remember but I think it's five percent, you could call US cargo customer service line to find out. I know I saved more than my cost of membership to OOIDA.

Just a few suggestions to ya, Good Luck.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:12 AM
Senior Board Member

I can't believe it either, and yet I just picked up a 2010 Wabash reefer the other day. I'm done for a good while though.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:02 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RostyC View Post
That's great Tracer, congratulations! Couple of questions and suggestions. What are your monthly payments with that financing? 4 to 500 a mo.? Did you get a seven pin installed in the front of the trailer so you can dump the bags? If not do so it will save tires.

I used Harps Tarps for my lumber tarps and still stand by them. A little extra money but a great tarp.

Also, when I was shopping for chains binders and such if you're an OOIDA member you can get a discount with US cargo Control, I can't remember but I think it's five percent, you could call US cargo customer service line to find out. I know I saved more than my cost of membership to OOIDA.

Just a few suggestions to ya, Good Luck.
Rosty, the payments (with 5% down) are going to be between 700 and 800 Cnd$, because they charge here 10% interest. I"m not sure about the pin but I will have a dump valve near the axles. This is going to be a closed tandem so the front axle shouldn't be dragging on the ground anyway. As for tarps, I think I'll go with lightweight tarps from Peak Tarps.

Watch my YouTube videos
Old 06-19-2009, 10:30 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Congratulations on the purchase. It sounds like you got a good rate on the financing.
Old 06-19-2009, 05:18 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
Congratulations on the purchase. It sounds like you got a good rate on the financing.
Thanks, Gman. I guess it pays to get trailer financing from the company that has financed the truck, especially when you never missed any truck payments. They know who they're dealing with on the trailer's loan. If I decide to replace my 2004 truck in a couple of years, I'll probably go with the same financing company.

Watch my YouTube videos