User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2009, 03:38 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Unwarrented remarks

I have been reading your posts for some time now and I am now asking for some of your advice. First a little background before I ask for your opinion. My husband has his own truck and is dividing up his time driving for a lumber company in the winter and hauling gravel in the summer. He is now working for this lumber company, which will be his third year. We have had another truck last year with them that we sold. The driver of that truck is now working for them. This driver left us last year in the spring to work for over the road hauling flatbed because the lumber company was slowing down in work and that he wouldn't work for them outright because they didn't pay enough. I need to mention he left without us knowing about it and left the truck messy. My husband has had previous experience doing over the road but we have decided to stay close to home for several reasons. With the economy the way it is, we sold the other one and now have him driving this one.
The issues stand with one particular individual of this lumber company, who is in charge of the team that my husband hauls for, that makes pointed remarks about my husband's driving. One example is what happened to him tonight. He was at a site where backing up at night was hard to see. The two trucks ahead of my husband had the area lit for them to see, with the said individual assisting those two trucks. When it came time for my husband to back up, this individual did not give him light, told him too bad the other individual who is their front end loader wasn't there to help him (a couple of other guys were there who were nice enough to shine their lights for him), and then, after several attempts and one less mudflap later before he was able to get it right, said he should get another driver in the truck. My husband said other drivers had problems backing up in this situation. Any advice on how to deal with this person? Is it any different than working in an office?
Old 02-26-2009, 05:33 AM
Senior Board Member

listen...........with any a** hole.........you confront him directly.......face to face............."you give other people lights.....not me.... what gives......??????":moon:" let's see you back up in the dark...".....again........with someone like that use the direct approach.................
BOL 2 ya....................:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsu p:

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.
Mother Teresa

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. CHESTERTON

"Qui non intelligit aut discat aut taceat"
Who does not understand should either learn, or be silent.
The Mark Levin Show
Old 02-26-2009, 01:08 PM
Rookie
Smile Unwarranted Remarks

Thanks Silver, that's what I told my husband to do next time. It's like that this inidividual has to have a someone to pick on to make himself look good. Where I used to work at I had to unload trucks with the forks. I was unloading this guy on the side road where there were some potholes. My boss, who happens to be a jerk, saw me get stuck trying to unload the truck. He yelled at me for getting stuck so I told him if he can do a better job, then get on the forks and do it. I was pissed. The truck driver chuckled and asked if he was always like that. I said yes. My boss did write me up for insubordination though. Guess he didn't like getting embarrassd in public.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:21 AM

It always seemed like the guy that gave me the most truble were the people who were the lowest on the totem pole, like the guy that operated the forklift or some retired guy who works sercurity. Yep. that's my idea of fun, some guy who is 65 (and can barely stand up without a cane) trying to show you who is boss while you are just trying to do your job
Old 03-01-2009, 01:35 AM
Senior Board Member

Park the truck in the way and refuse to move until it's safe to back up. No lights. No move. I try not to get loud unless I know it will turn out in my favour.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:23 PM
Senior Board Member

Honestly, it doesn't sound to me like a trucking problem. It's the same kind of stuff that goes on all over the place with people who are hard to get along with. Hey, just a thought, write Dr. Phil! :lol: I'm just kidding, you know?

Yeah, perhaps with your help, he'll have to sort through it himself. Not all trucking is like that, I haven't had to deal with anyone like that on a consistent basis- in trucking- ever?
Old 03-02-2009, 03:10 AM

Its your husbands show... Let him handle it..
Old 03-02-2009, 05:45 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblue View Post
Thanks Silver, that's what I told my husband to do next time. It's like that this inidividual has to have a someone to pick on to make himself look good. Where I used to work at I had to unload trucks with the forks. I was unloading this guy on the side road where there were some potholes. My boss, who happens to be a jerk, saw me get stuck trying to unload the truck. He yelled at me for getting stuck so I told him if he can do a better job, then get on the forks and do it. I was pissed. The truck driver chuckled and asked if he was always like that. I said yes. My boss did write me up for insubordination though. Guess he didn't like getting embarrassd in public.
there is nothing wrong in following orders................but...........if everyone at the plant did not put up with a "boss" being out of line..........they(boss) would "feel" out numbered.............and that would be the end of it.................food for thought..........:smokin::clap::clap::bow::bow::th umbsup:

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.
Mother Teresa

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. CHESTERTON

The Mark Levin Show
Old 03-02-2009, 05:51 AM
Senior Board Member

569 posts..................and i'm an "unkown poster" ...?????

what's up with that................ :hellno::hellno::hellno:

Mother Teresa

The Mark Levin Show