User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2009, 09:30 PM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Integrated Accounting Software

I have gotten tired of fighting, reworking, redoing, etc, etc of my old accounting software.

Can anyone recommend a reliable, user friendly software that I can, at least somewhat, easily customize to a two truck operation where I can track loads, miles, etc that has the basic accounting stuff in it too?

I have tried several that are around & frankly I'm not happy with any of them...if they are specifically for an owner/operator I have found that if they are for a small operation it is for ONE truck only & if you have two, well then you have to use the "fleet" version, which is ALWAYS way more complex than I need.

I firmly believe in the "K.I.S.S" principle...keep it simple stupid! works for me...Why does everyone HAVE to make everything so damned complicated???

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Keep in mind tho...I AM in Canada & some of our rules are a tad different, but mostly I know how to "fix" that little problem.

Thanks in advance!

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
Old 01-30-2009, 11:39 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildkat View Post
I have gotten tired of fighting, reworking, redoing, etc, etc of my old accounting software.

Can anyone recommend a reliable, user friendly software that I can, at least somewhat, easily customize to a two truck operation where I can track loads, miles, etc that has the basic accounting stuff in it too?

I have tried several that are around & frankly I'm not happy with any of them...if they are specifically for an owner/operator I have found that if they are for a small operation it is for ONE truck only & if you have two, well then you have to use the "fleet" version, which is ALWAYS way more complex than I need.

I firmly believe in the "K.I.S.S" principle...keep it simple stupid! works for me...Why does everyone HAVE to make everything so damned complicated???

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Keep in mind tho...I AM in Canada & some of our rules are a tad different, but mostly I know how to "fix" that little problem.

Thanks in advance!

Unless you need to have the software do the fuel taxes Trucknpro would do the job. It is easy to use and will track expenses, trucks, loads, brokers, etc., There is no limit on the number of trucks. It will do the IFTA miles and routing but not the calculations. You can reach them at www.foglinesoftware.com. It is easy to use and does a nice job of tracking expenses. Another that I use is Easy Trucking. I believe their website can be accessed at www.easytrucking.com. It will do everything you need including the fuel taxes. You decide whether to use that feature or not. It has it's good and bad points. You can put up to 5 trucks without paying for the fleet version. The fleet version is just like the single truck version other than the number of trucks you can input. One other is Truckers Helper. It will do as much as you want, from a single truck leased to a carrier to a carrier with 100 trucks and a brokerage department. One feature that I like is the payroll function. You can set it up to pay by percentage, mileage or hourly. They can be reached at www.truckershelper.com. I believe Easy Trucking and Truckers Helper have limited trial versions. I think Trucknpro only has an on screen demo. I believe some of these have a discount if you are a member of OOIDA.