User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2008, 02:28 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Working for an Owner/Operator

I'm just completing my first year as a flatbed driver for an OTR major company. I'm thinking that I want to work for an O/O part-time.

I'm sick of being out on the road for 6 or more weeks and only being able to shower ... maybe 3 or 4 times during that period.

I want a life ... a girlfriend ... and the opportunity to go to church on Sunday and plant a garden if I want to.

I'd love to live in South or North Carolina, but I'm handing in the keys in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Tulsa seems fine for now ...

So ... am I being realistic? Perhaps run one or two weeks for an O/O and perhaps do something else on my own the rest of the month?

What about running Regional or even local? Do very many O/O look for drivers to work for them this way?

I'd also love to drive a dump truck or belly dump ... even Hotshots. What say ye all?

Quit the crap and just drive.
Old 04-18-2008, 03:20 PM
Board Regular

K9,

You want that type of lifestyle, find another line of work, or buy a truck and trailer and get your own authority.

Mike

p.s.

I have my own authority, and have been in this racket for 18+ years, and am still learning. But making some good money, and I ain't in Texas. The last place I would want to be in this racket.
Old 04-18-2008, 03:22 PM
Board Regular

Never mind.

Mike
Old 04-18-2008, 09:43 PM
Default post

Do you want to try that again; you are with a major otr co. and out 6 or more weeks, with no time to shower, given 4 times means once every 10.5 days. I believe you want www.disney.com, especially if you think I believe that line of bull. This says possibly 3 things about you; #1 you are a dummy to stay on the road that long when you don't to.--#2 you are a slob to go that long between showers, and #3 my friend you are flat out a liar.